[BUG] No welfare research on my list... Welfare storyline missions blocked without indicication.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

[BUG] No welfare research on my list... Welfare storyline missions blocked without indicication.

Post by Axeface » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 00:33

Hi all, I dont have access to the welfare modules - I have several stations with habitats but for some reason the research is not appearing in my research tab?
Can anyone advise?
Last edited by Imperial Good on Thu, 23. Mar 23, 22:49, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Converting topic into bug report at request of topic creator.

Axeface
x4

Re: No welfare research on my list...

Post by Axeface » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 01:21

I found the problem. I had researched high mass teleportation and boso was ready to teleport the station - I had to teleport the station for the welfare research to show up.

So consider this a bug report as it shouldnt really block it from appearing.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: No welfare research on my list...

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 12:46

Bug reports will not be seen by the (right) devs here though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [BUG] No welfare research on my list... Wellfare storyline missions blocked without indicication.

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 22:47

I have moved this to technical support and updated the tile to represent a bug report.

The bug being reported is that the progress of the welfare storyline is blocked by other storylines, such as high-mass teleportation, without indicating this to the player in a clear way. The mission should at least update with an objective along the lines of "Complete: Task keeping Boso Ta busy" until Boso Ta is available to progress the storyline.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [BUG] No welfare research on my list... Welfare storyline missions blocked without indicication.

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 23:02

But the million credits question is, which version are we talking about?

MFG

Ketraar

Axeface
x4

Re: [BUG] No welfare research on my list... Welfare storyline missions blocked without indicication.

Post by Axeface » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 15:45

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 23. Mar 23, 23:02
But the million credits question is, which version are we talking about?

MFG

Ketraar
I missed this reply apologies. Im on the beta, this savegame is an old one that was started perhaps around 4.0.
Im currently trying to get get the research to activate again on an old save to get a save to you guys that is reproduce-able... trying all sorts of things but now it isnt unlocking... when I posted this thread the research unlocked immediately after teleporting the station (to the point where bosos voice lines for the teleport and the research unlocking were happening at the same time), now I cant reproduce.
I'll post a save if I manage to do it.

Edit: I have been trying several combinations of things for the last couple of hours trying to get this to trigger. It triggered once, but doing the same thing in the same order again isnt triggering it again. Each attempt I have to wait in seta because it seems that when things trigger is random? Sometimes immediately, sometimes after 30 minutes in seta. To say this is infuriating is putting it lightly.
I'll try waiting out of seta, perhaps the trigger is getting culled because of low performance.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”