[#1123]Tide break M dock broken - Fixed in HF5.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mediacenter
x4

[#1123]Tide break M dock broken - Fixed in HF5.

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 10:03

hello
the M dock in avarice, tide break station, its blocked for some reason

i tried to reload several times, even a save before i even enter this damn sector for the first time but this thing is always stuck
my ship is always on queue, like the another 3 m ships outside

the dock seems stuck in animation, sometimes a little smoke comes out, and the platform that move to the center, the one that connect to the ship once landed, is stuck near the border

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Tide break M dock broken

Post by izalith » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 10:57

mediacenter wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 10:03
i tried to reload several times, even a save before i even enter this damn sector for the first time but this thing is always stuck
Hello, can you provide the save where this bug is present? (i.e. a link to google drive, dropbox or another file hoster)

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 11:03

izalith wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 10:57
mediacenter wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 10:03
Hello, can you provide the save where this bug is present? (i.e. a link to google drive, dropbox or another file hoster)
i can

i have a save before triggering the fight between the dude that smuggle things and the syndacate
one just before entering the avarice sector
and one with my s ship just outside tide break, with the queue ships (including the dude that i save and will totally die bc of the bug)

what do you like? upload all 3?

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 11:14

https://easyupload.io/m/hmgixo

quicksave is before entering avarice

save 01 is before triggering the dude that fight the syndacate

save 05 is me just outside tide break
Last edited by mediacenter on Mon, 17. Apr 23, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 11:15

mediacenter wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 11:03

i have a save before triggering the fight between the dude that smuggle things and the syndacate
and one with my s ship just outside tide break, with the queue ships (including the dude that i save and will totally die bc of the bug)
The second and third one sound useful. :)

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 11:18

izalith wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 11:15
mediacenter wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 11:03

The second and third one sound useful. :)
uploaded all 3
you can select whatewer you like

AWRyder
x4

Re: [#1123]Tide break M dock broken

Post by AWRyder » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 17:54

Hello. I seem to have the exact same issue so I'd like to share some of my experiments in hope anything is useful:

I first found the bug because of a mission to deliver water (don't want to go much further into details to avoid spoilers but the mission should be obvious to the ones who know it). I set an M ship with water, sent it there, it docked, sold the water and since I forgot about it for a moment, it got sent into storage.
Later I issued it an order to leave the station and go buy more water (The initial load wasn't enough to fulfill the demand). The ship was stuck inside the station and wouldn't get pushed outside from storage.
Seeing this, I sold the ship to a random shipyard, as I assumed it was lost for good, and I immediately bought another ship, bought water, and sent it to Tidebreak.
This is when I first saw I could no longer dock M ships in the station.
After this I was able to continue the mission by using S ships but decided to try something to "reset" whatever condition was causing this.
I've tried blowing up the dock with mines, but it seems to be invincible after 15%.
Afterwards I've tried to blow up the station using mods in hopes they will rebuild it. (probably won't... but I have a save prior to this experiment)

My game is modded but I only use QOL mods such as TaterTrade, Mules, increased LR scan, Satellite Service, etc.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 18:22

In the save by mediacenter it also looks like there is a ship stuck in the geometry while trying to dock.

After a first "docking queued" by the ship computer, CTRL+D doesn't seem to do anything. However, when I loaded it up and attempted manually docking at the Tidebreak M dock, after about 10 minutes or so Docking was cleared and granted.

Regardless this is of course a bug which got forwarded.

Carador
x4

Post by Carador » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 18:34

I have the same problem with this station. I sent two of my traders to deliver water and now they are both stuck in the inner storage. There is no other ship trying to land or blocking the pad.

Current autosave with the problem: https://easyupload.io/q0ed6c

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 18:46

Actually I have the same problem in my new session.

No mods or anything changed, version is 6.0 latest Steam (as of 16.04.2023) with all DLCs.

Reproduction:

1. Start new game as Boron
2. Fly with M ship to Windfall III, help after request (kill the 3 Vigour Syndicate ships).
3. Follow the freighter into the Avarice gate
4. Help the stranded freighter, take him on board
5. Try to dock at Tidebreak, wait forever

Note: the freighter from 3. (that you saved) is also trying to dock at Tidebreak and is stuck a little off the station.
After about 1 hour of waiting the issue did not solve itself, in contrast a lot more M ships are stuck in front of the station.

GoDziIIa
x4

Post by GoDziIIa » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 09:58

I started the game in the kingdom end release, on Saturday I found out that three stations have such a bug, m class NPC ships cannot dock, and just wait until the wave passes.
It burned out for me, I started a new game, and last night, on the boron mission, it was necessary to deliver water to the Avarice system, and I could not dock, "docking queued", also NPC ships are also nearby and cannot get a dock .

saving before jumping into Avarice
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FWJoKT ... share_link

here is a screen in the first playthrough of the game with boron dlc, npc ships could not dock m to the station, and because of this there was a very tasty price for products.
because of this, 10-20 ships gathered at about three buggy stations that could not get a dock.
https://i.imgur.com/WadqZBS.png
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 18. Apr 23, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

steelman111
x4

Post by steelman111 » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 19:18

Can confirm I've got this issue myself, not sure if it's related also but the station that mine is happening to is a scrap processor and the ship "JP Morgan's Knife" is parked outside of it as I was on the mission that wanted me to buy hull parts on the cheap from said station.

I first noticed the issue when I sent a transport ship to buy and then sell the hull parts somewhere only to find an hour later that the task had still not been completed, that's when I checked the map to find a huge traffic buildup at that station, I went to the system and tried controlling my trader manually but when requesting docking permission from the station there is no response, the docking command wouldn't do anything, there's currently a dozen medium ships just queuing outside of the station not being able to do anything.

lifeinneon
x4

Post by lifeinneon » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 21:49

I am having the same issue in my save at Tidebreak. I first encountered it trying to save Dagobas, and had to reload a save and rescue him in an S ship instead of my M ship.

There's a couple stations in Avarice that have long queues because no one can dock M ships at them. In the save I uploaded you can see my Astrid is waiting forever to sell protectyon at Tidebreak

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BPeJgY ... share_link

fxfighter
x4

Post by fxfighter » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 23:08

lifeinneon wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 21:49
I am having the same issue in my save at Tidebreak. I first encountered it trying to save Dagobas, and had to reload a save and rescue him in an S ship instead of my M ship.

There's a couple stations in Avarice that have long queues because no one can dock M ships at them. In the save I uploaded you can see my Astrid is waiting forever to sell protectyon at Tidebreak

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BPeJgY ... share_link
Nice workaround with the S class ship, that worked for me and allowed me to continue the quests.

Mahi Ma
x4

Post by Mahi Ma » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 20:34

Great. The last save is 12 hours old. I am now sitting in an M ship and can't dock. Is this something actively being worked on or is my game permanently ruined?

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:17

Mahi Ma wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 20:34
Great. The last save is 12 hours old. I am now sitting in an M ship and can't dock. Is this something actively being worked on or is my game permanently ruined?
If it's fixed in the latest build, maybe try the beta (viewtopic.php?f=146&t=454018) and see if it works for you, backup the save so you can revert if didn't work.

Mahi Ma
x4

Post by Mahi Ma » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:47

ceue_08 wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:17
Mahi Ma wrote:
If it's fixed in the latest build, maybe try the beta (viewtopic.php?f=146&t=454018) and see if it works for you, backup the save so you can revert if didn't work.
Sadly it is not fixed in the multiverse either. :-( Maybe time for me to take a break from X4. It's not like that the Avarice DLC was released yesterday.

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 22:23

Mahi Ma wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:47
ceue_08 wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:17
Mahi Ma wrote:
Sadly it is not fixed in the multiverse either. :-( Maybe time for me to take a break from X4. It's not like that the Avarice DLC was released yesterday.
This bug was introduced in 6.0 and was not present in 5.1 as far as I can recall, but I'm also waiting on the hotfix for this and hope they release it soon.

Mahi Ma
x4

Post by Mahi Ma » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 23:25

ceue_08 wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 22:23
This bug was introduced in 6.0 and was not present in 5.1 as far as I can recall, but I'm also waiting on the hotfix for this and hope they release it soon.
Oh that makes sense. And thanks, that lightens my mood a bit :) Maybe I can just let that Teladri rot for a bit in this ship and build a station in the meantime.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 00:11

its not a bug localaised only in avarice

im in zyarth space and all of the station there (that i bother check) have the issue - the sector under eleven hour -

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”