[#1123]Tide break M dock broken - Fixed in HF5.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wan200272

Re: [#1123]Tide break M dock broken

Post by wan200272 » Mon, 8. May 23, 14:02

Not only did I encounter the same problem, and I also encountered the inability to trigger the task of repairing ships for merchants when I first entered the Greedy Star Zone. He was waiting there, but when I opened a new archive, not only could I dock the space station with the M ship, but I could also trigger the task. :?

Syronas
x4

Post by Syronas » Wed, 10. May 23, 23:37

Hello

For all who have the same plot progressing block issue due to this bug.
In the Tide of Avarice starting quest "Trade Obstruction" I picked "Dagobas Lahubasis Yorilos III" up with a M-Ship.

As a "workaround" you can send the ship which holds "Dagobas Lahubasis Yorilos III" to some enemy space and let it get wrecked.

This results in Dagobas Lahubasis Yorilos III going to Tidebreak on its own after a few seconds.

(you will lose the ship so remember to strip the ship back to the bare minimum beforehand)

Have Fun
Last edited by Syronas on Thu, 11. May 23, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

AdmiralThrawn
x4

Post by AdmiralThrawn » Thu, 11. May 23, 00:28

ceue_08 wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 10:25

Could you provide the exact version you are using? Is it Steam? GOG? Any mods? Did you verify it recently if Steam?
Sure, I'm using Steam using latest version (Build-ID: 11156105, lates update: 4th April 2023). Steam verified all files, no erroneous files found.
I use no mods.
"If you let it go, it fills your hand." (Dogen)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. May 23, 18:14

The latest update, 6.00 HF 4, increases the number of dock areas at this station, which should hopefully resolve most of these issues. Please give it a try and let us know how you get on.

G315t
x4

Post by G315t » Thu, 11. May 23, 20:12

I will try Tide Break station and tell you if I get internal storage problems again.

Edit: Just checked the internal storage stuck ships in Tidebreaker. I ordered them to get out and they finally were able to undock and got out. So that problem seems to be fixed at least for me with the additional dock.

But the other issue with docking on stations in Avarice are not fixed by this.
I just tried it in my save. Still over 50 freighters not able to dock in my save in Avarice sector.
Last edited by G315t on Thu, 11. May 23, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. May 23, 20:15

No, it won't be. This is a specific fix for a specific problem. If there are other problems then they are quite likely to have different causes, even if the symptoms happen to be similar. They certainly won't be fixed by an update to a station that has nothing to do with where they are. This is also why it is better to report issues in a new thread, even if you think they have similarities to those in an existing thread.

Thurak
x4

Post by Thurak » Thu, 11. May 23, 20:42

You people have realized that *all* stations in Avarice can have the problem? I know, it's reported for Tidebreak, but that workaround there won't be sufficient in the long run.

HF4, but no new Tide so far, I think.

HF 2 or 3 savegame from a few days ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/brycyqaqruyhe ... ml.gz?dl=0
CBJ wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 20:15
if you think they have similarities to those in an existing thread.
The docking queue thing *is* the same problem in Avarice. It is just reported for Tidebreak, because then it blocks a story-station. I have had it on several different stations by now, including Tidebreak.

migo

Post by migo » Thu, 11. May 23, 20:56

Thurak wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 20:42
You people have realized that *all* stations in Avarice can have the problem? I know, it's reported for Tidebreak, but that workaround there won't be sufficient in the long run.
I reported that issue in another ticket (as suggested by CBJ) viewtopic.php?f=180&t=455145&p=5183475#p5183475 but even didn't get any confirmation from support team

razorhead
x4

Post by razorhead » Thu, 11. May 23, 21:15

I found the fix to be quite funny and thought to myself "won't it just be a matter of time until all docks are blocked?" - and indeed, when I went to test it out 5 minutes into the hotfix they're all blocked. Dagobas will have to hibernate a while longer.

tronco01
x4

Post by tronco01 » Thu, 11. May 23, 22:49

More info: Player ships doing activities in Avarice set to "flee" after the tide is announced but do not move. Can't tell if it is related to the dock issues, but very likely.

For reference I use a fully updated 100% vanilla game from GOG.

***** P.S.: Weird issue created by the latest hotfix this week. Large vessels trying to dock into a player station in Avarice might be "ported" FAR (about 7,000 KM from the station) and get performing a critical order (i.e.: undock, trade). :? ******

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c2jUGB ... share_link

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Sun, 14. May 23, 00:45

Happened again, for me it is only in Avarice sectors. Not all stations are blocked and collecting M ships outside but quite some.
I have some ships stuck in storage and can't get them out.

It seems tho after some tides it is possible again to get them out.

HF4 did not help.

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Sun, 14. May 23, 03:57

Greetings,

Same here and attached is a shot of Station, blocking Vessel and the referencing lines in the Debuglog.

https://i.imgur.com/iKXzd3h.png

Also... the vessel doesn't undock... it's just stuck.

Cheers,
Nilus
Spoiler
Show
Q: why don't you provide a save, as Admins tell ppl. more than 20 times a day on the tech-support sub?
A: because Dev's don't want my save in particular.
Q: why do you then bother at all?
A: maybe I have something to contribute to solve an issue. :wink:

Mookau
x4

Post by Mookau » Sun, 14. May 23, 09:24

tronco01 wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 22:49
***** P.S.: Weird issue created by the latest hotfix this week. Large vessels trying to dock into a player station in Avarice might be "ported" FAR (about 7,000 KM from the station) and get performing a critical order (i.e.: undock, trade). :? ******
That problem isn't isolated to just Avarice. It appears to be any dock from my findings.

(WARNING: flashing lights/nausea)

https://youtu.be/0WxjrvCCeLk
https://youtu.be/iFqxKvbWxMg

G315t
x4

Post by G315t » Sun, 14. May 23, 09:54

Mookau wrote:
Sun, 14. May 23, 09:24
tronco01 wrote:
That problem isn't isolated to just Avarice. It appears to be any dock from my findings.

That looks more like a colission / physics problem in the videos. This is not what we see in Avarice. Better report it separately.

Mookau
x4

Post by Mookau » Mon, 15. May 23, 07:39

G315t wrote:
Sun, 14. May 23, 09:54
Mookau wrote:
Sun, 14. May 23, 09:24
tronco01 wrote:

That looks more like a colission / physics problem in the videos. This is not what we see in Avarice. Better report it separately.
I did make a separate thread about it when I discovered it. I was just commenting that it may be the same issue.

I was thinking that if the person I quoted only saw the aftermath of the ships docking in their game (as in, they missed the spinning out), it could very well be the same thing as the results are identical (ship 1000s of kms away, with a dock command erroring out in their command queue).

It could also be that ships don't always spin for very long, as the two in my game that I saw spun out for different lengths of time, and a third ship I only saw the aftermath of that I didn't see spinning at all - which is what made me think it might be the same issue.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 15. May 23, 17:50

ceue_08 wrote:
Sun, 14. May 23, 00:45
Happened again, for me it is only in Avarice sectors. Not all stations are blocked and collecting M ships outside but quite some.

HF4 did not help.
Thanks for the feedback. It turned out that an earlier fix that should have helped clear out the ships stuck in storage was missed in the hotfix builds. We've now released 6.00 Hotfix 5, which does include that missing fix. Please have another go!

SphinxofBlackQuartz
x4

Post by SphinxofBlackQuartz » Mon, 15. May 23, 17:53

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 15. May 23, 17:50
Thanks for the feedback. It turned out that an earlier fix that should have helped clear out the ships stuck in storage was missed in the hotfix builds. We've now released 6.00 Hotfix 5, which does include that missing fix. Please have another go!
Thank you!
THE HAPPINESS OF SEEING AGAIN THE SLIGHTLY DISGUSTING ALIEN FRIENDS. EXTREME DELIGHTFUL.

G315t
x4

Post by G315t » Mon, 15. May 23, 20:51

I hereby solemnly declare the strikes on the docks of Avarice sectors officially over. HF5 was signed by the parties. The workers have agreed with the fractions to continue to work free of charge and the ships are finally docking again.

ceue_08

Post by ceue_08 » Tue, 16. May 23, 04:14

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 15. May 23, 17:50
ceue_08 wrote:
Sun, 14. May 23, 00:45

HF4 did not help.
Yay! Good job!!! It works now really reliable. :mrgreen:

Thurak
x4

Re: [#1123]Tide break M dock broken - Fixed in HF5.

Post by Thurak » Wed, 17. May 23, 12:05

I was happy for a few tides, the issue seemed to be over.

But I now have a new queue - basically the old usecase just on another station. Will upload HF5 savegame and screenshot when I can later.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”