Boarding mission persists, cannot be aborted.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pH7.0
x4

Boarding mission persists, cannot be aborted.

Post by pH7.0 » Wed, 31. May 23, 05:58

Game version 6.00 (499061) + all DLC
No scripts or mods
Stranded gamestart
Issue: I tasked a ship to board a large miner, then cancelled the order before pod launch because the risk levels always reset to a default which I do not want.
While the ship is now happily doing other things (including several subsequent completed boardings of different vessels) the mission "boarding" remains in my current mission list. I cannot abort it (the button is greyed out), and it continues to demand that I reduce the hull to 80%.

Is there any way to remove this mission?

screenie: https://imgur.com/a/DjoQWIN

dxdiag (probably not relevant): https://pastebin.com/Dn1Hj4cf
cheers
pH7.0
X3TC 3.1 vanilla.
Fight-trade-flying: Elite on C-64, Privateer, Privateer 2, Freelancer, X2, X3R, X3TC, X4.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:nasty things that induce swearing and bashing your keyboard like a monkey.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Boarding mission persists, cannot be aborted.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 31. May 23, 10:51

A link to a vanilla save showing the issue would likely be more useful to the devs for their investigation than a screenshot confirming what you have already said.

I have never encountered this situation in play myself, but is there any *old* boarding order in the boarding ship's order queue (on the ship's behaviour screen) that you could perhaps cancel?

EDIT: Oh, it seems to have been a problem across many game versions. Link. Various work arounds are offered in the onward linked thread there but no actual solution.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pH7.0
x4

Re: Boarding mission persists, cannot be aborted.

Post by pH7.0 » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 00:06

Thanks for your reply Alan,
your search skills across the forums are clearly better than mine!
I'm happy to provide a save game if there is any interest in examining/debugging this, but given that this is a longstanding issue I will hold off unless someone specifically requires it.

It's not gamebreaking, merely an annoyance, so I'm sure the devs have bigger fish to fry.
cheers
pH7.0
X3TC 3.1 vanilla.
Fight-trade-flying: Elite on C-64, Privateer, Privateer 2, Freelancer, X2, X3R, X3TC, X4.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:nasty things that induce swearing and bashing your keyboard like a monkey.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”