[1311]Tides of Avarice: "The Fan" plot did not seem to trigger at all - Fix in a build after HF5.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

murath2
x4

[1311]Tides of Avarice: "The Fan" plot did not seem to trigger at all - Fix in a build after HF5.

Post by murath2 » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 11:07

I am in a really weird situation right now. I just arrived into Avarice system for the first time and I was expecting the usual quest involving the rescue of our Teladi friend, however nothing happened. I found Bestowed in Prosperity ship just floating there, nearly fully repaired as a matter of fact, doing nothing at all.

Tried multiple ways to trigger it: talking to the captain, re-entering the sector, waiting for the tide, destroying the ship (cannot do it, it becomes invincible at 5% hull). I even recalled all of the ships that I had in Avarice and nearby sectors and flew bacl to Black Hole Sun to simulate first blind entry, no luck. The quest refuses to start, and the ship keeps drifting and repairing itself in avarice.

Now, I have no idea why this might have happened, here's what I can tell you: I have already completed the HAT plot and got the HQ, but apart from those no other major questlines. I had my scout ships explore the sector way before I visited it personally, not sure if that should matter or not but maybe? I did get a successful trigger of the quests where you help the water smuggler and fly with him to Avarice (I did accidentally shoot him and he became hostile, it did not prevent the quest from completing however), and curiously he did not remark on the Bestowed in Prosperity ship when we entered the sector, I remember him doing just that last time. I use some mods, but it's all just QOL things and some modded weapons and ships (can provide the modlist if it helps). I played with most of these mods last time too and had no issues.

As much as I am interested what caused this, I primarily want to just get the mission going, I wanted to complete the plot to the end this time since I did not do it last time, but it seems like it will not be possible. If anybody knows a way to navigate out of this mess, or maybe the devs know some way or could help me force the plot to happen, I would greatly appreciate any help. It would be sad if I had to ignore the plot because it did not work.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Tides of Avarice: "The Fan" plot did not seem to trigger at all

Post by CBJ » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 11:22

Your description of the problem is nice and detailed, but we're missing the key information requested in the very first thread at the top of the forum that would make it possible for us to investigate further: your game version, your DXDiag and vulkaninfo, and a link to your savegame.

Please note, however, that the fact that your game is modified may preclude us from investigating further. We have no way of knowing what the "quality of life" mods you are using may have done to the game, and are not going to spend time trying to find out.

murath2
x4

Post by murath2 » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 11:23

Thank you for a swift reply! My bad, did not do my due diligence. Let me grab everything and report back.

murath2
x4

Post by murath2 » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 11:55

Here is all the additional information I gathered:

Game version: 6.0 English

Mods: Game was modified with quality of life mods from Steam Workshop, none of the mods have any interaction with the mission system as far as I can tell. Here is a screenshot of my extensions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kpnbpf ... 1tf5P/view

Game Start: The Young Gun

Differences between last playthrough: The only thing that is different before this game and my last one that worked is that I started as Terran Cadet last time, I have also played the last game with VRO mod which I have disabled for this playthrough and instead added other mods that add weapons and ships.

Link to my current save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kjGAVc ... drive_link (cannot provide vanilla save, if I disable the mods the game would not load sadly). The save is just after I tried all of the above things, I am in Avarice staring at the ship that I was supposed to save the Teladi from.

Link to Dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13R-3oj ... drive_link

Some additional information in screenshot form:

- My mission manager: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VuKnRv ... drive_link
- Currently available new missions https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nf1ZAd ... drive_link
- Screenshot of the situation I described, ship floating there, half repaired, no mission trigger https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XQczdu ... drive_link

That's about all I can think of. Also, let me ask a question: i thought about a possibility of save editing, push comes to shove. Is it even theoretically possible to edit your save in such a way that the mission have been started, in case something went wrong and the game skipped the mission flag or something? Thank you in advance.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 16:32

murath2 wrote:
Fri, 2. Jun 23, 11:55
Link to my current save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kjGAVc ... drive_link (cannot provide vanilla save, if I disable the mods the game would not load sadly). The save is just after I tried all of the above things, I am in Avarice staring at the ship that I was supposed to save the Teladi from.
This issue will be resolved in a future build. The pioneers story offer call (pesky ship) didn't complete properly and is blocking targetmonitor cutscenes (bottom right) in your save which prevents others from starting. After this fix you will also see some "Thank you" messages from various people which have queued up over the time.

murath2
x4

Re: [1311]Tides of Avarice: "The Fan" plot did not seem to trigger at all - Fix in a build after HF5.

Post by murath2 » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 12:15

Huh, I am not sure if the new build you mentioned has released recently or not, but I had this exact thing happen actually. After accepting the quest is bricked and continuing my game, some time passed and I had a massive string of thank you messages. The quest magically started working again as well after I completed the pioneer quest to get their ship out of the HQ system. Although there was a visual bug in the mission manager where the entire quest card was blank and had no information, the quest proceeded as normal and I was able to continue the plot as normal. Not sure if that last part was just coincidence of if there was any tie there.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved on my end. Thank you for your assistance.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [1311]Tides of Avarice: "The Fan" plot did not seem to trigger at all - Fix in a build after HF5.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 12:21

"I am not sure if the new build you mentioned has released recently or not" No, we are still on HF5 release.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

murath2
x4

Post by murath2 » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 13:42

Well, I guess the problem sorted itself out without the fix then!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”