[RES][#1315]How to get Boron 5 Star Pilots - improved in future update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

[RES][#1315]How to get Boron 5 Star Pilots - improved in future update

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 01:47

Maybe not a bug, but with all other Terraforming so far you kind of get regional random NPCs from the Aerial Maze

I was hoping after Terraforming Samsara for the Boron, that some of the winners from the Aerial Maze would be Boron (I am after a 5 Star Boron Pilot for the Hydra Regal, which has a full complement of Boron Service Crew .. But a human 5 Star Pilot because so far I have not found a good Boron Pilot)

Save game - https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1oeli3za2e61 ... ml.gz?dl=0

In the save I have just completed all Terraforming of Samsara in Ocean of Fantasy, and also just done the first run of its Aerial Maze to get 3 x 5 Star Pilots, but they all turned out to be human - Screenshot https://i.imgur.com/dzVbkOJ.png

Maybe I need to do a lot more runs of the Aerial Maze to randomly get a Boron??
Or maybe this is WAI .. In which case could we have random Borons among them?

Its a bit dissapointing doing all the Terraforming for the Boron not to get any Boron Pilots among the resulting winners of the race.

:) Probably a bit picky, and no promises were made in this regard at the start of the terraforming (just 50% reduction in energy costs), but would appreciate you looking into this being a possibility. Thank you as always for listening. :D
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: [BUG][MTS Beta 6.10] How to get Boron 5 Star Pilots - Terraforming Samsara does not produce them.

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 03:02

Please also note :
Engaging in this Terraforning activity was not insignificant.
Plankton as a needed resource for some of the objectives (and Ice gathering) was a major investment of players time. I got round it by building a Plankton/Bogas/Bofu complex, and also assigning 12 Rorquals to repeat orders of mining and selling ice from Rolks Demise to the PHQ and Plankton Complex in Ocean of Fantasy.

I know it was just me hoping that Boron would be included as a result of the Aerial Maze, but I reckon I will not be alone in the expectation of Boron Pilots with 5 stars being a result of this endeavor.
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [BUG][MTS Beta 6.10] How to get Boron 5 Star Pilots - Terraforming Samsara does not produce them.

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 16:35

I thought the flight school tournament gave a random high skilled NPC pilot. I am not aware of it giving regional ones.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 16:48

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 3. Jun 23, 16:35
I thought the flight school tournament gave a random high skilled NPC pilot. I am not aware of it giving regional ones.
When you do the Aerial Maze - Host Maze run competition (there isn't a "Tournament" in the Aerial Maze runs, there is a Tournament in the Martial arts school for Marines but thats an entirely different thing), it produces 3 x 5 star pilots, which are all seemingly random variations of token humans. You will get combinations of male and female, with combinations of light or dark skin, and combinations of 70's big bushy hair styles to bald hair.

I just wonder if Borons have been factored in to the games random choice of Pilots it gives you after doing an Aerial Maze - Host Maze run, on Samsara.
You would think the Boron planet would kick out more of them, instead I got the usual 3 x humans.

Maybe I just need to do a lot more of them? (having trouble sourcing Nividium at the moment for more runs)

Edit: Its no big issue though, currently I am training up a Boron Pilot by sending him off on Multiverse missions, just one more to go and he will be at full 5 stars piloting. Then I will hire a random Boron to fill the Service Crew up to full compliment again.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [RES][#1315]How to get Boron 5 Star Pilots - improved in future update

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 13. Jun 23, 18:07

Maybe not a bug, but with all other Terraforming so far you kind of get regional random NPCs from the Aerial Maze
Note that the regional part is not accurate, it was basically base game faction characters.

In future update you will have a chance to get other characters from the DLC factions, but it will still be random. As the intent of the Competition is to "simulate" people joining from across the galaxy so the winners will be by chance.

MFG

Ketraar

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 13. Jun 23, 19:37

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 13. Jun 23, 18:07
Note that the regional part is not accurate, it was basically base game faction characters.

In future update you will have a chance to get other characters from the DLC factions, but it will still be random. As the intent of the Competition is to "simulate" people joining from across the galaxy so the winners will be by chance.

MFG

Ketraar
Excellent!, thanks Ketraar, and the team for considering this.

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 01:38

6.20 Beta 1

"Added possibility to get NPCs from DLC races as reward for terraforming competition projects."

Yep, thats working okay :)

Just did the Aerial Maze on Samsara (Ocean of Fantasy) with 6.20 beta 1 and got a Boron 5 * Pilot ..
Screenshot = https://i.imgur.com/aKrJcUk.png

Thank you.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”