[#1312]Boron reputation

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

papy60
x4

[#1312]Boron reputation

Post by papy60 » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 13:59

Hello,

At the beginning of the storyline with the Borons (search the inactive portal) my reputation level with them is +5.

After transactions or mission (deliver a delicious dish) my reputation is going down.

Bug or not ?

TIA

Papy60

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Boron reputation

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 16:16

Without knowing anything about your game, mods or set up, it is really hard to say. Reputation with a faction going down without any explanation is usually due to unwanted combat with their assets or with faction ships friendly/neutral to Boron in their owned space (which both seem unlikely this early in your game), or far more likely your ships are somewhere engaging an SCA pirate that is currently masked as Boron.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

papy60
x4

Post by papy60 » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 17:13

Sorry, I forgot to specify that I play without mod (plain vanilla) and a game older than version 6.00 (about 600 hours of play with this game and a total of 2,400 with X4).

I did two tries and each time I lose reputation points without combat or other hostile action.

The first time I lost 5 points after a trade with an autotrade ship in the new Boron sector (Great Reef).

The second time, after reloading the game, I lost 2 points after a mission to deliver a delicious meal in a Boron station in the same sector.

The main mission (Kingdom End storyline) to discover an inactive portal is in progress and I wonder if this has an effect on the interactions with the Borons.

I have 30 reputation points with most factions (I favor trade) and I understand actions that can cause points to be lost.

Thank you for your answers

Papy60

papy60
x4

Post by papy60 » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 18:02

Tried a new secondary mission in the sector.

- Find a lost ship in the area.

Again the mission makes me lose reputation points. Details of the LOG (in French)

Réputation perdue : -4
Provinces en Dérive
Raison : Mission accomplie
Réputation actuelle : 1

Before the reputation level was 5

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 19:19

Well that's crazy! Accomplishing a mission should never give a negative rep with the faction that gave it!

I expect the devs will need a save file to work with. You did tried it twice, so hopefully you've got a save file they can use.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 20:03

Have you verified your game installation recently (since the last update at least)? It seems that something is seriously broken in the missions reputation code in your game if that is reliably happening. You mentioned that you play without mods, and I assume that includes not having done any save edits either.

If verification does not help, and you want the devs to investigate, then a link to a vanilla save would be needed - ideally just before a mission completes that will reliably reduce your Boron reputation when it does.

One more thing, was your game start a custom one such as may have helped you to get all those high faction reputations?

papy60
x4

Post by papy60 » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 09:53

Hello Alan and Zloth2,

Thank you very much for your messages.

Alan, checking the installation with Steam utility don't help.

The message is (Google translation) :

all files of "642" have been validated

and replaying the mission "find a lost ship in the area" as the same result. I lose reputation level (-4).

I confirm that I have never edited a save and my current game was started with young gun mode. After 600 hours of play it's not unusual to have 30 reputation with the main factions and my global fortune is also 10 billion.

I started testing again this morning and the result is amazing.

Yesterday the first time I lost reputation was after a business transaction. I reloaded the latest save and tested a mission with the same result. Then I created this message to get an opinion from other players.

This morning after the first mission losing points I made a trade transaction and I gained reputation points. Then I did a second mission (repairing satellites) and again I earned points. A third (destroy mines) with reputation bonus. A fourth (show our presence) always positive.

It's as if the first "action" was negative and then the following are positive.

I took screenshot of the logbook if you are interested.

What do you think about that ? A side effect of the Kingdom End storyline. Is it necessary to send a saved game to the devs ?

Best regards

Patrick

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 10:39

"Is it necessary to send a saved game to the devs ?"

Yes please, ideally just before completing the first mission that will give negative rep in a sequence of missions. When you provide the link to the save I'll move the thread to the Tech Sp forum. Details on how to link saves are all in here (see the note marked * ). Please include the link to the logbook screenshot too.

papy60
x4

Post by papy60 » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 14:33

Alan,

The saved game is ready. Do you need, as backup file, something else than save.xml.gz (~117 MB)

Patrick

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 15:23

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 5. Jun 23, 10:39
Details on how to link saves are all in here (see the note marked * ). Please include the link to the logbook screenshot too.

papy60
x4

Post by papy60 » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 17:00

Hello,

the link is available 7 days

https://www.filemail.com/d/loekgcxgxydlzmy

this zip file contains the saved game and 4 screenshots.

The mission to do is "I missed my flight" (google translation). I lost 3 points after that.

Best regards

Patrick

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 18:46

Thank you. I can confirm that the save is vanilla and that when I played it, I also lost Boron rep on completing the indicated taxi mission. It is the first time I have had to deliver a taxi passenger to an SCA Plunderer capital that was masked as Boron at the time though! :D

Moving this to Tech Sp. EDIT: It has been given a dev bugtracker number.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”