[BUG] Autopilot not avoiding stuck in station

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RiseOfDeath
x4

[BUG] Autopilot not avoiding stuck in station

Post by RiseOfDeath » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 12:52

If you have station on the way sometimes autopilot just smash into it at full spead and stuck inside textures.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [BUG] Autopilot not avoiding stuck in station

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 13:32

A pretty well reported issue (example with suggested workarounds) that cannot really be investigated further without a link to a vanilla save showing the issue about to happen.

The requirements for all Tech Sp issue reports are detailed in the Sticky at the top of this forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vheissu
x4

Re: [BUG] Autopilot not avoiding stuck in station

Post by Vheissu » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 16:27

I don't have a valid save handy but I have reproduced the same bug multiple times on each following ship with exactly these variables:

Argon Prime wharf incoming from the North on the highway in the Cobra with a high roll on the "pusher" mod, mark 3 argon engines and thrusters.
Argon Prime wharf incoming from the North on the highway in the Mako acquired through Boron quest intro with a high roll on the "pusher" mod and the exact equipment it is spawned with when awarded to the player.
Argon Prime wharf incoming from the South on the highway in the Drill (Mineral) Sentinel with a high roll on the "pusher" mod, mark 3 argon engines and thrusters.

I guess it's pretty obvious where I always stock up on consumables and buy blueprints lol

The main thing I cannot account for is modules being added to the wharf but this is a good start. Getting stuck inside is a rarity but collisions happen regularly.

A note re. technical issue reporting requirements: There is a sufficient breadth and severity of bugs/unintended behaviour that the team should consider at which point QA should be prioritized above release schedules when allocating resources. Taking into account the percentage of users who (register on the forum. are willing/capable of providing required information. stop reporting issues after the first one or two.), it is likely that issues are far more prevalent. I'm sure this has already been discussed in depth internally and this is not intended as an attack. But I think it's worth putting out there.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”