Missing merchants and vendors

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

STyx2909
x4

Missing merchants and vendors

Post by STyx2909 » Wed, 24. Jan 24, 14:28

Are missing, from time to time, merchants (stores) and ship vendors missing a feature or a bug???

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Missing merchants and vendors

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 24. Jan 24, 14:59

Access to station NPCs may have issues if the S/M dock that provides many of the NPC rooms is not fully operational. If the room is present then NPC traders will usually appear in them if you give them a while. Newly built stations may take a while to generate staff.

Only a link to a vanilla save showing the issue would allow any useful investigation.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 24. Jan 24, 19:55

This is an ongoing issue I've noticed from time to time. Unfortunately, savegames don't really help since the issue usually clears up after saving and reloading. Sometimes it will clear up by moving to a different part of the station. Or sometimes if you wait a bit, the missing NPC will 'pop in'. If the station has multiple vendors, you can visit them, come back and the missing one may appear, although not always. It appears to be totally random and not reproducible (at least, I haven't been able to get it to do so.)

To keep from getting frustrated over it, I usually roleplay in my head that that particular NPC is off on break, has a family emergency, was late to work, or some such excuse. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

STyx2909
x4

Post by STyx2909 » Fri, 26. Jan 24, 16:59

This is what I am doing too.

Though, I would prefer vendors to take a break from time to time as a real feature instead. ;-)

As reported in following messages, same issue as my other posts.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 25. Jan 24, 13:35
OK thanks. This sounds like an old, old issue that effects certain players more than others but the reasons are a mystery. Saving, perhaps restarting the game, and reloading seems to be the workaround. (You have even reported in another thread the non-responsive transporter issue mentioned in that link too.)
Currently have reinstalled the game with STEAM, using maximum graphic settings and have not ran into these issues once. Vendors can appearwith a slight delay but they are always showing up.
I wonder if it could be related to the length of the play session.
I am auto saving every 20-40 minutes now. Safer.

STyx2909
x4

Post by STyx2909 » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 17:06

To my demise, the 20-40 minutes saving is not working anymore. :?

Missing merchants and vendors happened again, yesterday and today, after around 1 hour of gameplay yesterday and about 1h30 today.
I suspected the LASSO application to cause problems and its Pro Balance feature to be the culprit, so I deactivated it, without success.

Here is the link with saves and DxDiag. :wink:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=136EV- ... p=drive_fs

Everything is commented (by text) here:
https://youtu.be/qEZMXCNHkAQ

I just added time references in the description. Vanilla X4 Foundations gameplay, full session.

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Fri, 16. Feb 24, 18:43

Please make the save, and the DxDiag public. We can't access it without requesting access, which is a huge pain. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”