[6.20] L ship manoeuvres pointlessly after passing gate - Seems resolved in 7.0 beta.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

[6.20] L ship manoeuvres pointlessly after passing gate - Seems resolved in 7.0 beta.

Post by LameFox » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 00:30

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecjXs- ... sp=sharing

On loading the save, find the ship "FRK Freighter Okinawa" (OND-906).

This ship is about to pass through a gate in low-attention. I have reloaded and watched it several times. Upon arriving on the other side, I have seen:

-ship flies ahead slightly, rotates to its right, then rotates back the way it's going and engages travel drive.
-ship flies ahead slightly, rotates to its left, flies forward at a diagonal to its destination, then rotates back the way it's going and engages travel drive.
-ship flies ahead slightly, rotates right again, past 90 degrees, flies briefly away from its destination, then rotates back the way it's going and engages travel drive.
(and some repetition of these and similar)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/137fwsn ... sp=sharing

Same ship, another gate. In this one I've seen:

-ship flies ahead slightly, then appears to simultaneously reverse (nearby wrecks make its motion more visible here) and rotate right, facing 90 degrees from its destination, then rotates back the way it's going and engages travel drive.
-ship flies ahead further, might have started travel drive briefly (hard to tell in low attention), stops and rotates left past 90 degrees from objective this time, then without flying that way it rotates back the way it's going and engages travel drive.
-ship rotates to its left about 30 degrees, then rotates back the way its going and engages travel drive.
(and so on)

This has been an ongoing time waster for L and XL ships for many game versions. Though in this case I show it in low attention, it also seems to occur in high attention, and can in some cases (superhighways) be the cause of large scale traffic accidents. There is, as far as I can tell, no benefit to doing this. It makes the ship slower to get where it's going, more vulnerable to attack, and just generally harms its effectiveness vs M ships for transport roles. Due to all the rotation it is worst for ships that are already the slowest to manoeuvre.
***modified***

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.20] L ship manoeuvres pointlessly after passing gate

Post by Tranxalive » Thu, 21. Mar 24, 14:53

In both saves, the ship is flying directly to its destination for me, with some light maneuvering before activating Travel Drive, which is normal and fine.

The issue may be fixed, to make sure, can you check both saves when the next update is released? :)

LameFox
x4

Re: [6.20] L ship manoeuvres pointlessly after passing gate

Post by LameFox » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 14:28

Been testing in 7.0 with L and XL ships and I think it's finally fixed. Both high and low attention now seems to have them correctly just point where they want to go and fly that way.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”