[6.20] Attack order inhibits travel drive - fixed in 7.00

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

[6.20] Attack order inhibits travel drive - fixed in 7.00

Post by LameFox » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 15:00

After my earlier thread about build sites, the destroyer group was sent to kill a Kha'ak installation. When they finished, the stations from before had built somewhat and now, able to issue attack orders, I told the ships to go back and kill them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Jm9te ... sp=sharing

You can see the result here (Task Force I, in Antigone Memorial). On receiving the order, the ships did not enter travel drive. If you turn on SETA, you will see them crawl across the system without ever again checking if they should enter travel drive. Drag a new order into their path between them and their target and they will travel drive to it, delete it and they're back to walking speed.

It appears the attack order, specifically, is actually breaking their ability to use travel drive somehow.
***modified***

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.20] Attack order inhibits travel drive

Post by Tranxalive » Thu, 21. Mar 24, 17:30

When loading the save, the ships don't activate travel drive no matter how long they travel, but when I issue a different order, or even cancel the attack order and reissue it, they'll use Travel Drive as normal.

Please check out the save again in a future version, to make sure it's fixed or not.

LameFox
x4

Re: [6.20] Attack order inhibits travel drive

Post by LameFox » Fri, 5. Apr 24, 04:58

This does appear to be fixed in the 7.0 beta. Thanks, that one had been bugging me for a while.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”