[6.20] Stations randomly changing loadouts

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shoryn
x4

[6.20] Stations randomly changing loadouts

Post by Shoryn » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 11:57

Hello there,

I've had this issue twice in my current campaign - the first time was near the beginning, and the last time was yesterday, around 500h later, so quite rare but still annoying as hell - where my stations (several of them, but not all) will start changing their loadouts randomly.

Like, a station with a couple defense discs with plasma/flak will out of the blue get a mix of missile/shard/other stuff from races I don't even have the blueprints for (usually split stuff). And it will change by itself, without me knowing until I go to plan build for this station and see that it's asking for resources for the changes. And since it's loadout changes, it doesn't need a building ship so it will sometimes change without me knowing at all it did.

So the first time it happened, I just reverted the changes, it was just a couple stations, I noticed it before any resource got delivered and it was okay afterwards. But the second time (yesterday) I noticed it happened right after I made changes to a defense station (to be precise, I disassembled the entire station to rebuild it differently in another place in the same plot). Right after I commit the changes to the stations, all the loadouts in 7-8 nearby stations changed (only happened in neighbouring sectors, it seems). And it got really random stuff, with only shields and no turrets on storage modules for example (that had empty loadouts before), or half-filled defense discs with L split turrets with long cannons I don't even know are (probably pulse or something like that).

When I noticed it, I reloaded the game just before and was able to reproduce the bug, and even saved all the build plans for all of my stations for a quick revert, but when I load the plan on these stations, it still asks for more turret/shields resources even tho I didn't change anything from the previous loadout ? Like it needs more resources to just not change anything (all of this was done during a pause, so nothing had time to change yet).

Stranded start
Version 6.20 english
No mods used
Link to savegame file : https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/um5pftgu ... hqjua&dl=0
Steps for reproduction : Edit the station in Matrix #79B - it happens to me when I move the entire station inside the plot. Then take a look at stations in Savage Spur I and the defense station in Tharka's Cascade XVII to see that every loadout changed.

Edit : Link to video showing the steps of the issue https://youtu.be/6d7DWU1O95M
Last edited by Shoryn on Mon, 18. Mar 24, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.20] Stations randomly changing loadouts

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 15:35

The only time I had something similar was when somehow by quirk or by accident the default loadout for station module defences in the build plan became changed from custom (my intentions) to a set auto-profile level such as high, medium or low (when it fits what the AI thinks and may even change things as new element types become available to the player).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Shoryn
x4

Re: [6.20] Stations randomly changing loadouts

Post by Shoryn » Mon, 18. Mar 24, 20:13

That's, sadly, not the case here since the stations affected aren't even the one I'm editing. I added a video to the OP to show what's happening (ft. paranid turrets I don't have the blueprints for).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”