[6.20] Ship sounds on landing platforms clips

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Artean
x4

[6.20] Ship sounds on landing platforms clips

Post by Artean » Tue, 19. Mar 24, 19:15

Every time a ship leaves a docking platform and passes through the shield, the engine sounds cuts off with an annoying digital clip. Could, no doubt, be a smoother fade out.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.20] Ship sounds on landing platforms clips

Post by Nanook » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 21:23

This is most likely an issue on your system since you're the only one I'm aware of to report it and I've never observed it on any of my games. If you would like it resolved, please provide the info listed in the first sticky on this forum and we'll see what we can figure out.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.20] Ship sounds on landing platforms clips

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 21:50

I tested this in vanilla 6.20 with the music off and the volume up high. I could not replicate this as an issue although there is a fairly clean shutoff for the dock sounds/take off effects. It's certainly nothing that I would notice unless looking specifically for it whilst engineering the situation to be able to hear it. It could be a frequency sensitivity (or lack of in my case) too. You aren't using headphones by any chance?

Be aware that some X4 sound oddities and issues have been encountered after apps, games or mods have changed sound driver settings without putting them back again after they finish. A Stalker Anomaly mod was one example.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”