[6.20] L Ships that can't leave Avarice freeze during Tide warning period

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

[6.20] L Ships that can't leave Avarice freeze during Tide warning period

Post by LameFox » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 03:37

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BVNCle ... sp=sharing

In this save I have several ships in Avarice patrolling against the endless Kha'ak spawns. See "FRK Patrol Destroyer Osaka". I have occasionally known large Kha'ak spawns to kill an L miner with a single shield, so I keep these here to distract them and stop them building up too much over time.

Since they aren't bothered by the tide, and are quite slow, I assigned them a blacklist that keeps them from leaving Avarice. This way, they can draw some heat off the fleeing miners, and are already there after the Tide when the Kha'ak start to return. However, the ships still get the "flee" order, and being unable to leave, they freeze completely still until the order is removed manually or the warning period is over. The ones in the save are doing this currently.

It's a little strange actually. Of course I was hoping they'd just go about their business—ships that miss the warning do this all the time—but I expected that if it didn't work, and they still wanted to flee but could not leave, they'd just dock at the nearest station in Avarice. I think I have seen M ships do that when caught in the Tide, if they move fast enough. To freeze with a flee order that can't be completed when they still have a default order to fall back on and places to land seems like the least ideal response.

edit: small clarification, the ships with an actual "patrol" order still move around, but do not actively engage enemies in sensor range anymore. The ones with defend position orders are totally motionless.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”