6.20 Bug: Missions are gone after reloading.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IllMurdaU

6.20 Bug: Missions are gone after reloading.

Post by IllMurdaU » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 15:21

All my missions and messages are gone when I reloaded my game. I saved and exited the game as normal and when I wanted to continue playing, all of my missions and messages were suddenly gone. I continued playing the save game a bit and it looks like all the missions have reset. After a while I get the messages for the hatikvahs league and Boron's mission again. If I now activate the mission and go to the mission area, nothing happens because I have already completed the mission. I'm still playing on the 6.20 version without mods.

I found several reports that had the exact same problem: steam://openurl/https://steamcommunity. ... 763784213/

-6.20 German
-Savegame was originally created on version 6.0 and later upgraded to 6.20.
-game is not modified
-custom budget game start
-Savegame: https://we.tl/t-Ce3eUQyGm9
-DxDiag: https://we.tl/t-ashwSfZ8Ng

-I exited the game normally and saved beforehand. When I wanted to continue playing some time later and load the save game, the problem arose. I had previously done the Terran missions. I was at the location of the Terran mission in which you are supposed to patrol the Segaris Pioneers sector and then get a message from Boso that you should ask for directions. As you approach the location a yaki attack is triggered by someone whose name I forgot. Since I only had a weak fighter, I ignored the mission for now and went to another sector to farm money in Xenon fights. After a while I saved the game and then quit. When I wanted to continue playing later, the error occurred. Immediately after I loaded the save game, I also get old messages that I actually received before.
Last edited by IllMurdaU on Sun, 21. Apr 24, 18:11, edited 10 times in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Bug: Missions are gone after reloading.

Post by CBJ » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 15:24

We can't really investigate anything without the information requested in the sticky thread marked "Please read this before posting!" at the top of the forum. That will definitely need to include your savegame in this case.

IllMurdaU

Post by IllMurdaU » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 17:12

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 24, 15:24
We can't really investigate anything without the information requested in the sticky thread marked "Please read this before posting!" at the top of the forum. That will definitely need to include your savegame in this case.
Hello,

I updated the post and added the savegame.

IllMurdaU

Post by IllMurdaU » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 15:44

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 24, 15:24
Was the problem confirmed? Can the savegame still be saved?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 6.20 Bug: Missions are gone after reloading.

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 16:46

Hi, I've just had a look at your save. It does look like it's slightly corrupted which is causing issues after loading. This is likely caused by a RAM issue during saving so we'll suggest that you run a RAM test and see if it picks up anything. If you do, please let us know the result as it may help us when investigating further.

As for your situation there are two options:
- return to a previous save
- edit the affected save and fix the corruption, which will result in it becoming modified

If you do want to try editing the save you will have to extract the xml file from the .gz archive with a tool such as WinZip or WinRar. The affected line is 11541536:

Code: Select all

<log time="B" type="buyoffer" owner="[0x808c293]" ware="ore" price="5789" v="78988" max="100000"/>
You can see that the time value is very wrong. Change it to:

Code: Select all

<log time="43817.508" type="buyoffer" owner="[0x808c293]" ware="ore" price="5789" v="78988" max="100000"/>
You can put that xml in your save folder with a name such as save_001.xml, just be sure that the ID doesn't clash with any other saves. Once you load it you can save it again to another slot and it will be a .gz archive again.

Sorry that you've come up against this. Let us know how you get on.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”