[Question] How to increase sector resources

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JPB101673
x4

[Question] How to increase sector resources

Post by JPB101673 » Wed, 25. May 22, 19:06

Hi all, I'd like to increase the Terran sectors resources, sunlight, ore/silicon/gas yields, and am not sure how to do so. I cant seem to figure out how to find/edit the galaxy map. Thanks in advance.

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [Question] How to increase sector resources

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 25. May 22, 19:21

You can diff mapdefaults.xml for sunlight

The others are in region definitions and only can be changed on a new game or when egosoft triggers a resource rebuild

JPB101673
x4

Post by JPB101673 » Wed, 25. May 22, 20:45

@DeadAir, thanks I found the info. Two more questions. Regarding the yields I see it says low, med, high etc. I was wondering what is the correct term for the highest yield and in game there is a numerical value to resources in each sector. How does that work? Do I have to define a minimum/max value or a set value? If so how?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 25. May 22, 22:59

JPB101673 wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 20:45
@DeadAir, thanks I found the info. Two more questions. Regarding the yields I see it says low, med, high etc. I was wondering what is the correct term for the highest yield and in game there is a numerical value to resources in each sector. How does that work? Do I have to define a minimum/max value or a set value? If so how?
I forgot to mention earlier but there is a file called regionyields.xml that has the amounts and region for low,high,veryhigh etc. The end amount is a result of region density, individual asteroid density, region object group, and region yield.

JPB101673
x4

Post by JPB101673 » Thu, 26. May 22, 06:55

So I tried increasing the density factor and set the yield to very high in region definitions and in region yields I tried increasing the resource density and nothing changed on a new game start. Did I change the wrong things or was the something else that needs to be changed?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”