[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

Post by Scoob » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:22

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:05
If you do not add any of the Xenon ships but add all of the different faction ships they should be able to handle the Xenon pretty well I think. Although, they may even start beating the xenon on their own. You would have to play with the numbers, but I would start a new game without any additional xenon ships and activate as many of the different faction ships as you want, maybe start with just the basic options at first and then increase them slowly over time. That should keep the xenon manageable I would think. I mean, when I started a new game a while ago, the Xenon even with their extra ships on were getting a beat down (this is with VRO, etc.) This was with all the faction options on for every faction. The good thing about activating the ships when you start a new game is that the game should start with all of those extra ships already existing in the game, so the factions would have that extra firepower and the xenon wouldn't.
While I did add some extra asset quota to various allied factions, I think there's still more on the table, so to speak. I've not touched the Xenon, as they're really strong as is. Must be my mod combination, though I've disabled any jobs that add additional ships, such as those in the XR Ship Pack mod.

I'll have a look at the config file again, and see if I can help the allied factions out some more. However, I think part of the issue is behavioural. I.e. there was a major invasion of a TEL sector, yet they had several LARGE Battleship groups paroling the area. However, they each engaged one at a time over the space of 30 minutes or so, and died in turn. I coordinated my defence with the arrival of the first of these fleets, but had to retreat. Finally won, but if those fleets had engaged together - they were literally doing nothing else, just approaching at a snail's pace - then that I would not have lasted long at all.

Weirdly though, the Terran fleets seem largely depleted. They were fielding multiple large fleets in Getsu Fune, but that's not the case any more. It's like they're not replacing losses effectively.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 15:24

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:22
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:05
If you do not add any of the Xenon ships but add all of the different faction ships they should be able to handle the Xenon pretty well I think. Although, they may even start beating the xenon on their own. You would have to play with the numbers, but I would start a new game without any additional xenon ships and activate as many of the different faction ships as you want, maybe start with just the basic options at first and then increase them slowly over time. That should keep the xenon manageable I would think. I mean, when I started a new game a while ago, the Xenon even with their extra ships on were getting a beat down (this is with VRO, etc.) This was with all the faction options on for every faction. The good thing about activating the ships when you start a new game is that the game should start with all of those extra ships already existing in the game, so the factions would have that extra firepower and the xenon wouldn't.
While I did add some extra asset quota to various allied factions, I think there's still more on the table, so to speak. I've not touched the Xenon, as they're really strong as is. Must be my mod combination, though I've disabled any jobs that add additional ships, such as those in the XR Ship Pack mod.

I'll have a look at the config file again, and see if I can help the allied factions out some more. However, I think part of the issue is behavioural. I.e. there was a major invasion of a TEL sector, yet they had several LARGE Battleship groups paroling the area. However, they each engaged one at a time over the space of 30 minutes or so, and died in turn. I coordinated my defence with the arrival of the first of these fleets, but had to retreat. Finally won, but if those fleets had engaged together - they were literally doing nothing else, just approaching at a snail's pace - then that I would not have lasted long at all.

Weirdly though, the Terran fleets seem largely depleted. They were fielding multiple large fleets in Getsu Fune, but that's not the case any more. It's like they're not replacing losses effectively.
It is hard to say what is going on in your game, too many variables. I don't know how you started the new game or how things have played out. I mean, Terrans should be easily pumping out ships, they never seem to have any logistic problems from what I have seen. They should also be sending expeditions out, maybe the economy isn't going well for some reason. They will only build ships if they have sufficient resources obviously.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 16:06

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 28. Jun 23, 15:24
It is hard to say what is going on in your game, too many variables. I don't know how you started the new game or how things have played out. I mean, Terrans should be easily pumping out ships, they never seem to have any logistic problems from what I have seen. They should also be sending expeditions out, maybe the economy isn't going well for some reason. They will only build ships if they have sufficient resources obviously.
Of course, way too many variables to speculate really. I'll get some Advanced Satellites up in their space, and see what's going on. I do appear to save saturated the Ore and Silicon market in Core ARG space, and a ways beyond, which usually helps Faction economies no end. Perhaps there's some other shortage, I suspect Advanced Electronics. I make my own, but don't share, maybe I should...

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Sun, 6. Aug 23, 23:00

I might have given myself a little too many enemies; I can't finish a story.
I see that the first post states "Changes can be made at any time". Does it apply to reputation? Can I change the reputation to 30, do what I have to do, and then change the reputation back to -30?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 02:27

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Sun, 6. Aug 23, 23:00
I might have given myself a little too many enemies; I can't finish a story.
I see that the first post states "Changes can be made at any time". Does it apply to reputation? Can I change the reputation to 30, do what I have to do, and then change the reputation back to -30?
You can if you use the code in the script itself, yes. You would have to edit the config file which has code for changing relations with factions.

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 13:34

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 7. Aug 23, 02:27
You can if you use the code in the script itself, yes. You would have to edit the config file which has code for changing relations with factions.
yes that's what i meant sorry. Changing the reputation in configuration XML. And I actually think it's 1 and -1 there, not 30 and -30.
Thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 8. Aug 23, 05:32

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Mon, 7. Aug 23, 13:34
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 7. Aug 23, 02:27
yes that's what i meant sorry. Changing the reputation in configuration XML. And I actually think it's 1 and -1 there, not 30 and -30.
Thanks
Yeah there are instructions and some examples in the file.

nomad1984
x4

Post by nomad1984 » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 09:07

Does the mod add any extra jobs if you leave all the configurable options at 0?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 16:59

nomad1984 wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 09:07
The mod does not add any extra jobs if all options are 0. Any option put to 0 means that won't be built at all. However, if you had turned one on at one point and it built some ships, then those ships will remain in the game until destroyed but it won't build more.

nomad1984
x4

Post by nomad1984 » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 18:44

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 16:59
nomad1984 wrote:
The mod does not add any extra jobs if all options are 0. Any option put to 0 means that won't be built at all. However, if you had turned one on at one point and it built some ships, then those ships will remain in the game until destroyed but it won't build more.
Thanks for clarifying, another question - in the setup xml does 'Do you want to activate additional Capital ships for all factions?' include the Xenon? There is a separate one for Xenon capitals, but this one does say all factions... so not sure. My goal is to increase capitals for every faction except the Xenon (for now).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 20:29

nomad1984 wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 18:44
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 16:59
nomad1984 wrote:
Thanks for clarifying, another question - in the setup xml does 'Do you want to activate additional Capital ships for all factions?' include the Xenon? There is a separate one for Xenon capitals, but this one does say all factions... so not sure. My goal is to increase capitals for every faction except the Xenon (for now).
That is only for the original factions, not including DLC factions or XENON. So, it will only give more ships to like Argon, Antigone, Paranid, HOP and Teladi I think. The DLC factions have their own options and so does Hatikvah and also Xenon has their own.

TPmerchant
x4

Post by TPmerchant » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 21:37

About the 'additional' settings (do you want to turn off additional fleets etc) found below the base settings, do they work independent of base settings? Or is it required to have both base and additional to have set values?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 22:21

TPmerchant wrote:
Sun, 20. Aug 23, 21:37
About the 'additional' settings (do you want to turn off additional fleets etc) found below the base settings, do they work independent of base settings? Or is it required to have both base and additional to have set values?
Additional fleets are just more fleets, it doesn't matter which you have on or off, they will still work. I just named it that way because it came later after the original settings. So you can turn those on or all on or all off, doesn't matter. They are different in their fleet/squad make ups usually. The initial fleets you turn on from the reg options are usually lighter in size or smaller in scope. The additional fleets may be larger

dagger929
x4

Post by dagger929 » Wed, 30. Aug 23, 14:20

Just to confirm here, if I install this-- the game is basically default and anything I activate in the setup xml, is just an additional fleet/ship added to the limit so the AI can build it, right? Just making sure that as I add some 'light' 1 settings, that it's adding them and not downgrading them.

Is this compatible with mods that add more fleet jobs?

Do these not work still? Xenon are being messed up and I have everything on except the apocolypse setting.
Spoiler
Show
<set_value name="$activateXenspawneddestroyerfleet" exact="1" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon Destroyer fleets that spawn. They are accompanied by a dozen or so fighters and a few frigates -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedcarrierfleet" exact="1" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon I fleets that spawn. They are accompanied by a couple dozen or so fighters and a several frigates -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedminers" exact="1" />

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 3. Sep 23, 07:59

dagger929 wrote:
Wed, 30. Aug 23, 14:20
Just to confirm here, if I install this-- the game is basically default and anything I activate in the setup xml, is just an additional fleet/ship added to the limit so the AI can build it, right? Just making sure that as I add some 'light' 1 settings, that it's adding them and not downgrading them.

Is this compatible with mods that add more fleet jobs?

Do these not work still? Xenon are being messed up and I have everything on except the apocolypse setting.
Spoiler
Show
<set_value name="$activateXenspawneddestroyerfleet" exact="1" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon Destroyer fleets that spawn. They are accompanied by a dozen or so fighters and a few frigates -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedcarrierfleet" exact="1" /> <!-- This will activate Xenon I fleets that spawn. They are accompanied by a couple dozen or so fighters and a several frigates -->
<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedminers" exact="1" />
Yes, everything in the game is default and anything you activate will be additional ships. This mod is compatible with anything and everything. I do not think there is anything which would conflict. The Spawning ships do not work, but I can't remember if I changed the xenon ones to activate ships which are built so it might activate more ships but they do not spawn.

dagger929
x4

Post by dagger929 » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 14:44

Okay, few questions here.

I think I may be making the game easier having some of the options enabled as the xenon are not able to build their larger fleets, notably this:

<set_value name="$activateXenfighter" exact="3" />
<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon Capital ships? You can also choose from the following settings. Keep 0 to turn off, Put 1 for light, Put 2 for medium, Put 3 for heavy. This setting may impact performance depending on what setting you choose. -->
<set_value name="$activateXencapital" exact="3" />

The fighter one would mean they make multiple fleets of just fighters, right? And the capital means 1 K and surrounding fighters, around them?

If I'm looking for larger fleets, I should instead use this:
<set_value name="$activateXENlargefleets" exact="1" />

Blackrain, in your code I can see how I can edit the existingdestroyerthreshold and it says '4' for the medium setting, - if I am to understand, that's how many total fleets for this, correct? Where is it controlled as to what is in the fleet?

I'm running xenon proliferation to halve costs and build times and whatnot but the Xenon are just 24/7 pumping out fleets, pushing them in, and they're being demolished as they are not of big enough substance for the invasions. It's like one destroyer at a time, thinking because of the heavy settings I had marked.

What does this setting actually do:
activatemoreXenonfrigates ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 22:46

dagger929 wrote:
Tue, 5. Sep 23, 14:44
Okay, few questions here.

I think I may be making the game easier having some of the options enabled as the xenon are not able to build their larger fleets, notably this:

<set_value name="$activateXenfighter" exact="3" />
<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon Capital ships? You can also choose from the following settings. Keep 0 to turn off, Put 1 for light, Put 2 for medium, Put 3 for heavy. This setting may impact performance depending on what setting you choose. -->
<set_value name="$activateXencapital" exact="3" />

The fighter one would mean they make multiple fleets of just fighters, right? And the capital means 1 K and surrounding fighters, around them?

If I'm looking for larger fleets, I should instead use this:

Blackrain, in your code I can see how I can edit the existingdestroyerthreshold and it says '4' for the medium setting, - if I am to understand, that's how many total fleets for this, correct? Where is it controlled as to what is in the fleet?

I'm running xenon proliferation to halve costs and build times and whatnot but the Xenon are just 24/7 pumping out fleets, pushing them in, and they're being demolished as they are not of big enough substance for the invasions. It's like one destroyer at a time, thinking because of the heavy settings I had marked.

What does this setting actually do:
activatemoreXenonfrigates ?
Hello, the xenon fighter setting adds xenon squadrons of like 4 or 5 or so fighters. It is completely separate from the Xenon capital setting. The Xenon capital setting at the top will build one destroyer with a few fighters.

There are some settings which are for larger fleets though. This one you mentioned here:

This should be a relatively large fleet with several destroyers and such. If you want to, you can edit this and this might be all you need. Only activate this one and then find where in the code the timer is for it, look for the fleet this activates by searching for it. Check the timer and lower the timer to whatever you want, also increase the amount that can be ordered. I think I only have it set to 1 allowed to be ordered of this fleet, but change it to ten or something or whatever you want. This can be done with this setting, which you already mentioned:

existingdestroyerthreshold

This controls how many can be ordered. So there is a timer which determines how often the fleet is ordered and then this setting which controls how many. So if you lower the time it takes to order this fleet and increase the number of fleets they can order, this might work. However, keep in mind that this all depends on how good the Xenon economy is. Of course, if you are using deadfill and set it to only Xenon and it keeps filling up the Xenon shipyards with resources it should be forever pumping out ships of course you should also know it takes anywhere from 20 to 50 minutes for the Xenon to build one destroyer or Xenon I depending. Even if they are pumping out a few at a time it will take a while for them to build up the ships.

dagger929
x4

Post by dagger929 » Wed, 6. Sep 23, 01:08

Do you have that config handy for deadfill to only pump into Xenon? I saw some code here but it seemed to limit it to xenon, not add it in for others.

As for your suggestion-- implementing now. Thank you!

This is the default code-- which means 3 of these fleets, correct? Also it seems to call your defend fleet for makeup, so the xenoncardefend is the same fleet makeup as this.
Spoiler
Show
<cue name="job_activate_XenonLargeFleet" instantiate="true" checktime="player.age + 300s" checkinterval="60min">
<conditions>
<check_value value="md.FOCWsetup.Settings.$activateXENlargefleets == 1"/>
</conditions>
<actions>
<find_ship name="$Xenoncardefend" job="'xenon_large_fleet'" space="player.galaxy" multiple="true"/>
<set_value name="$numship" exact="$Xenoncardefend.count"/>
<set_value name="$totalnumship123" operation="add" exact="0"/>

<set_value name="$ExistingDestroyerThreshold" exact="3"/>
<do_if value="$totalnumship123 gt $ExistingDestroyerThreshold * 2">
<set_value name="$totalnumship123" exact="0"/>
</do_if>

<do_if value="($numship + $totalnumship123) lt $ExistingDestroyerThreshold">
<find_station name="$XenonShipyard" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" multiple="false">
<match canbuildships="true"/> <match owner="faction.xenon"/>

</find_station>
<request_job_ship job="'xenon_large_fleet'" name="this.$Requested_Job_Ship" requester="$XenonShipyard" zone="$XenonShipyard.zone"/>
<set_value name="$totalnumship123" operation="add" exact="1"/>
</do_if>

<do_else><set_value name="$totalnumship123" operation="add" exact="1"/>
<cancel_cue cue="job_activate_XenonLargeFleet"/>
</do_else>
<remove_value name="$Xenoncardefend"/>
<remove_value name="$XenonShipyard"/>
</actions>
</cue>

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 7. Sep 23, 22:10

dagger929 wrote:
Wed, 6. Sep 23, 01:08
Do you have that config handy for deadfill to only pump into Xenon? I saw some code here but it seemed to limit it to xenon, not add it in for others.

As for your suggestion-- implementing now. Thank you!

This is the default code-- which means 3 of these fleets, correct? Also it seems to call your defend fleet for makeup, so the xenoncardefend is the same fleet makeup as this.
Spoiler
Show
<cue name="job_activate_XenonLargeFleet" instantiate="true" checktime="player.age + 300s" checkinterval="60min">
<conditions>
<check_value value="md.FOCWsetup.Settings.$activateXENlargefleets == 1"/>
</conditions>
<actions>
<find_ship name="$Xenoncardefend" job="'xenon_large_fleet'" space="player.galaxy" multiple="true"/>
<set_value name="$numship" exact="$Xenoncardefend.count"/>
<set_value name="$totalnumship123" operation="add" exact="0"/>

<set_value name="$ExistingDestroyerThreshold" exact="3"/>
<do_if value="$totalnumship123 gt $ExistingDestroyerThreshold * 2">
<set_value name="$totalnumship123" exact="0"/>
</do_if>

<do_if value="($numship + $totalnumship123) lt $ExistingDestroyerThreshold">
<find_station name="$XenonShipyard" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" multiple="false">
<match canbuildships="true"/> <match owner="faction.xenon"/>

</find_station>
<request_job_ship job="'xenon_large_fleet'" name="this.$Requested_Job_Ship" requester="$XenonShipyard" zone="$XenonShipyard.zone"/>
<set_value name="$totalnumship123" operation="add" exact="1"/>
</do_if>

<do_else><set_value name="$totalnumship123" operation="add" exact="1"/>
<cancel_cue cue="job_activate_XenonLargeFleet"/>
</do_else>
<remove_value name="$Xenoncardefend"/>
<remove_value name="$XenonShipyard"/>
</actions>
</cue>

It does not call the same fleet as the defend fleet. Xenoncardefend is just a made up value that doesn't mean anything, I could have used any name there.

The fleet it calls is this one: xenon_large_fleet

This is the line that tells you <request_job_ship job="'xenon_large_fleet'" name="this.$Requested_Job_Ship" requester="$XenonShipyard" zone="$XenonShipyard.zone"/>

That is the job ship, and you can look in the jobs file for that fleet to see what it looks like, you would also need to look at its subordinates.

As for how many, <set_value name="$ExistingDestroyerThreshold" exact="3"/> 3 here is the max, however the max isn't an absolute but it usually will be. The code is a little clunky but that is because I am doing more of a hack than anything else since I am trying to get around hardcoded stuff and also because I like to have more control over things.

I am not sure what you are asking about deadfill. Normally, the deadfill mod gives every faction the resources. I just changed it to only give to xenon.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 8. Sep 23, 14:54

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 7. Sep 23, 22:10
I am not sure what you are asking about deadfill. Normally, the deadfill mod gives every faction the resources. I just changed it to only give to xenon.
can you change that in those Extensions settings or in the code? bc I would love that deadair fill for just xenons, maybe that would even solve why xenons cant supply defense stations to actually take over a sector

if its in code can you maybe upload it?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”