[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.6

Post by Scoob » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 23:52

TehGM wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 22:49
2 things:
1. Any chance for Yaki support? They are rare in general, and with FOCW enabled for everyone, I saw one Yaki ship in several hours.
2. With FOCW 6.6, I get "Required extension 'Cradle of Humanity' missing". The problem is, I have both expansions, and both are enabled. Ofc the game works fine, but the warning is misleading.
1. Good point, they're pretty rare. Also, in my game, the Xenon agro'd the main Yaki station resulting in a pitched battle between two Stations...Yaki lost. Station hasn't rebuilt yet - at least, I can't find it - so I cannot continue certain plot things.

2. I didn't get that message after updating to v6.6. I have both DLC too of course, downloaded v6.6, deleted v6.5, copied v6.6 over and edited the settings to match my prior settings. No warning messages. Don't know what might have gone screwy for you, but (as much as I hate saying this) it "Works fine for me(TM)", which isn't very helpful. Make a note of your settings, redownload and reinstall perhaps?

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:54

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 21:10
Hi,

Query regarding one of the settings:

<set_value name="$activateallfactionsfight" exact="0"/>

<!-- Do you want to activate additional Capital ships for all factions?

By "All Factions" do you mean including the Xenon? I assumed it meant just the race Factions, not the Xenon too. I've enabled this option and gains larger main Faction Fleets, which is what I wanted. Initially I saw no additional Xenon, so things were balanced quite well, Factions could defend fairly well vs. Xenon incursions, but the Xenon were not getting beaten up in their own space. Sure, there was the odd incursion - pretty much exclusively Terran - but the Xenon were never really hurt.

Recently though, from about Day 3 game time - I'm seeing multiple Xenon I (with supporting Destroyers) incursions at any one time, so I wondered whether this setting has indeed boosted the Xenon too. I've use NONE of the specific Xenon option, just those to boost "weak" Factions like HAT, and make TER even more OP, cos it amuses me.

Scoob.
Only the Xenon options affect the Xenon. That option you mentioned is only for the original vanilla factions. Xenon and DLC factions are separate options

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:56

TehGM wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 22:49
2 things:
1. Any chance for Yaki support? They are rare in general, and with FOCW enabled for everyone, I saw one Yaki ship in several hours.
2. With FOCW 6.6, I get "Required extension 'Cradle of Humanity' missing". The problem is, I have both expansions, and both are enabled. Ofc the game works fine, but the warning is misleading.
In the next version I will add in Yaki and Trinity. However, even with more ships the Yaki are in a difficult spot. We will see how that goes.

Your second issue is strange. Not sure why it says that, doesn’t for me.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 05:22

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:54
Scoob wrote:
Hi,

By "All Factions" do you mean including the Xenon? I assumed it meant just the race Factions, not the Xenon too. I've enabled this option and gains larger main Faction Fleets, which is what I wanted. Initially I saw no additional Xenon, so things were balanced quite well, Factions could defend fairly well vs. Xenon incursions, but the Xenon were not getting beaten up in their own space. Sure, there was the odd incursion - pretty much exclusively Terran - but the Xenon were never really hurt.

Recently though, from about Day 3 game time - I'm seeing multiple Xenon I (with supporting Destroyers) incursions at any one time, so I wondered whether this setting has indeed boosted the Xenon too. I've use NONE of the specific Xenon option, just those to boost "weak" Factions like HAT, and make TER even more OP, cos it amuses me.

Scoob.
Only the Xenon options affect the Xenon. That option you mentioned is only for the original vanilla factions. Xenon and DLC factions are separate options
I noticed something similar to scoob but it could be the other mods I have installed or just the way it is apparently. It made the most logical sense considering some folks won't have the DLC packs.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 14:45

Baconnaise wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 05:22
BlackRain wrote:
Scoob wrote:
Hi,

Scoob.
I noticed something similar to scoob but it could be the other mods I have installed or just the way it is apparently. It made the most logical sense considering some folks won't have the DLC packs.
I checked to make sure, but yeah the Xenon I's have their own separate options from everything else. If you guys are using VRO, it could be that. I think VRO has some job changes.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 16:11

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 14:45
Baconnaise wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 05:22
BlackRain wrote:

I checked to make sure, but yeah the Xenon I's have their own separate options from everything else. If you guys are using VRO, it could be that. I think VRO has some job changes.
I'm specifically using VRO and Mysterials mods as well. You are likely on the nose IMHO. One other thing.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 16:22

Yeah, the Yaki are in serious trouble given how they are implemented. All is fine as long as they are neutral to the Xenon (bar the odd chance when something breaks and they happen to start firing at each other for some other reason), but as soon as you get to a certain point in the plot and they aren't safe from the Xenon anymore, they are likely to get wiped out VERY soon. And it's quite annoying - if not difficult - for the player to assist, as you have to go through two other Xenon sectors to get there. Nor you can "just" clear those Xenon sectors either, as that would be even worse for the Yaki who are at war with everyone and would get conquered still. An extra defense fleet to protect their home sector and at least keep them alive while you play the game normally would be very welcome. I myself am postponing the latter part of the Yaki plot (which is unpleasant as I'd very much like to try those Kuraokamis) for that very reason: I don't want them to disappear from my game, but it's gonna be many, many hours before I'm going to have the resources to keep them safe myself.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 16:33

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:56
In the next version I will add in Yaki and Trinity. However, even with more ships the Yaki are in a difficult spot. We will see how that goes.

Your second issue is strange. Not sure why it says that, doesn’t for me.
Thanks for confirming things are working as expected. I assume the Xenon economy must be booming as they're able to maintain a constant stream of ships into The Void, entering from the southern Xenon sectors as well as those East of Getsu Fune.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:12

Kadatherion wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 16:22
Yeah, the Yaki are in serious trouble given how they are implemented. All is fine as long as they are neutral to the Xenon (bar the odd chance when something breaks and they happen to start firing at each other for some other reason), but as soon as you get to a certain point in the plot and they aren't safe from the Xenon anymore, they are likely to get wiped out VERY soon. And it's quite annoying - if not difficult - for the player to assist, as you have to go through two other Xenon sectors to get there. Nor you can "just" clear those Xenon sectors either, as that would be even worse for the Yaki who are at war with everyone and would get conquered still. An extra defense fleet to protect their home sector and at least keep them alive while you play the game normally would be very welcome. I myself am postponing the latter part of the Yaki plot (which is unpleasant as I'd very much like to try those Kuraokamis) for that very reason: I don't want them to disappear from my game, but it's gonna be many, many hours before I'm going to have the resources to keep them safe myself.
Don't the yaki only use fighters though? It isn't like they have anything more powerful or the ability to even build L ships i think?

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:28

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:12
Don't the yaki only use fighters though? It isn't like they have anything more powerful or the ability to even build L ships i think?
Yeah, they only have the "M4" Moreyas and "M6" Kuraokamis. But I guessed you could give them the same race destroyers SCA uses as plunderers... although, now that you make me think about it, the Yaki station most likely doesn't have L/XL construction bays to produce them even if you did. Bummer.

BTW, can't remember... where does SCA build their destroyers, as they have no shipyard? At normal race ones (perhaps Teladi ones specifically?) and then they get flagged as SCA after, right? I know HAT orders their ships from the Argon. Not that such thing could be appliable to the Yaki anyway: again, those Xenon sectors between them and the rest of the galaxy basically makes it pretty much impossible for them to have any logistics train whatsoever, even if we were to give them neutral relations to someone to order ships from.
Last edited by Kadatherion on Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:40

Kadatherion wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:28
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:12
Yeah, they only have the "M4" Moreyas and "M6" Kuraokamis. But I guessed you could give them the same race destroyers SCA uses as plunderers... although, now that you make me think about it, the Yaki station might then not have L/XL construction bays to produce them even if you did. Which would be quite a bummer.

BTW, can't remember... where does SCA build their destroyers, as they have no shipyard? At normal race ones (perhaps Teladi ones specifically?) and then they get flagged as SCA after, right? I know HAT orders their ships from the Argon. Not that such thing could be appliable to the Yaki anyway: again, those Xenon sectors between them and the rest of the galaxy basically makes it pretty much impossible for them to have any logistics train whatsoever.
The SCA ships are actually spawned and not built. They along with the Khaak are the only ships spawned I guess. I could add Yaki ships that spawn but not sure if you want that.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:51

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:40
The SCA ships are actually spawned and not built. They along with the Khaak are the only ships spawned I guess. I could add Yaki ships that spawn but not sure if you want that.
Hmmm, yeah, I personally wouldn't mind them spawning (I'm not *that* into this "everything is built for realsies" fetish X4 went with, when it often means half your universe slowly empties unless you babysit it) but that would be a very controversial feature for many. They should have the logic to build though, from what I've read around they definitely do order ships from you if you have shipbuilding complexes, so perhaps Ego has some more plans for them in the future, so all the more reasons to avoid messing with them too fundamentally for the time being.

I'll continue my plan of waiting to end the plot until I'm able to clear their sector, build them a strong defensive platform near the gate, and then sell it to them with the Recycle Stations mod. Getting the building materials there is what's gonna be a major pain :roll:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:00

Kadatherion wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:51
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:40
Hmmm, yeah, I personally wouldn't mind them spawning (I'm not *that* into this "everything is built for realsies" fetish X4 went with, when it often means half your universe slowly empties unless you babysit it) but that would be a very controversial feature for many. They should have the logic to build though, from what I've read around they definitely do order ships from you if you have shipbuilding complexes, so perhaps Ego has some more plans for them in the future, so all the more reasons to avoid messing with them too fundamentally for the time being.

I'll continue my plan of waiting to end the plot until I'm able to clear their sector, build them a strong defensive platform near the gate, and then sell it to them with the Recycle Stations mod. Getting the building materials there is what's gonna be a major pain :roll:
Well I can add the option to activate ones that spawn as well as ones that build for people to choose.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:35

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:00
Well I can add the option to activate ones that spawn as well as ones that build for people to choose.
That would be the best of both worlds, if such a thing doesn't become too big and problematic for you to maintain of course :wink:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 01:13

If you would like to see larger battles and are not using FE mod, then download this and add this folder to the FOCW mod.

This is just a simple change but I feel it makes a huge difference. Basically it makes reconnaissance count double for all ships and it also increases count for stations. This means that they will gather more ships for attacks and such. Basically larger battles than in vanilla. Works pretty well from what I have seen so far.
Attachments
aiscripts.rar
(527 Bytes) Downloaded 109 times

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:26

Got a question or possibly a suggestion, not sure which.

I kind of randomly noticed that the biggest issue NPC factions have with their economies tends not to be with production but rather their inability to move products around to where they need to go in order for the NPC faction to actually produce things. For example, they have a Wharf with a shortage of hull parts but have a hull parts factory with 23k available to be bought right next the to Wharf yet no ships are actually transferring the hull parts from the factories to the Wharf.

That got me thinking. If you can make the AI build more Combat ships, could you also make the AI expand their merchant fleet of miners and transports?

I say I am not sure if it is a question or idea because I don't know if the reason the NPC factions don't transfer good around has to do with not enough ships to do it with or if the AI is just programed do not do so in order to provide for situations the player can step in and take up the slack. If it is the former, adding more merchant ships might go a long way to simulating the NPC economy.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:32

Midnitewolf wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:26

I kind of randomly noticed that the biggest issue NPC factions have with their economies tends not to be with production but rather their inability to move products around to where they need to go in order for the NPC faction to actually produce things. For example, they have a Wharf with a shortage of hull parts but have a hull parts factory with 23k available to be bought right next the to Wharf yet no ships are actually transferring the hull parts from the factories to the Wharf.

That got me thinking. If you can make the AI build more Combat ships, could you also make the AI expand their merchant fleet of miners and transports?

I say I am not sure if it is a question or idea because I don't know if the reason the NPC factions don't transfer good around has to do with not enough ships to do it with or if the AI is just programed do not do so in order to provide for situations the player can step in and take up the slack. If it is the former, adding more merchant ships might go a long way to simulating the NPC economy.
The game already has code to order more trade ships when needed but of course that is only when needed. I could easily add options for more traders and miners, that isn't an issue. Do we want these traders and miners to be attached to stations or to just be free traders/miners? Anyway these are all things I can add when I have time.

sanas
x4

Post by sanas » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 18:15

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:32
Midnitewolf wrote:

The game already has code to order more trade ships when needed but of course that is only when needed. I could easily add options for more traders and miners, that isn't an issue. Do we want these traders and miners to be attached to stations or to just be free traders/miners? Anyway these are all things I can add when I have time.
mb every station must have 1-2 attached traders but miners must be free

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 19:07

sanas wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 18:15
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 20:32
Midnitewolf wrote:

mb every station must have 1-2 attached traders but miners must be free
I think adding that many ships is not a good idea. There are hundreds of stations and those numbers continuously grow.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:16

Version 6.6 for X4 4.0 and both DLCs

I presume it means it will not work in v3.3 with only split vendetta, and previous versions able to do so, are considered as obsolete and no more available ?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”