[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. May 23, 03:59

Crypticguy wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 22:05
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 20:35
Crypticguy wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 19:56
I've done another test run this time without deadair jobs too and it seems to help the xenon, i don't see them collapsing completely, although im starting to see their stations getting attacked by split in the north xenon sectors, those seem to be the most vulnerable and can lead to a chain reaction once those sectors are dead. I think they can't make use of all the things that FOCW adds because they don't have the resources for it.

https://prnt.sc/Wygy9JMP3GfZ

This is how the Xenon wharfs and shipyards look most of the time
That shouldn't be a big deal. FOCW doesn't order ships rapidly so that shouldn't really be a big indicator. That may depend on how much time has passed and also could vary from game to game. In the game I am currently playing, the Xenon are doing fine so far in most places and are invading quite a bit. You could try turning off the faction ships until the xenon build up a bit and then turn them back on little by little or something.
Yeah the game needs a bit of time to stabilize, without deadair jobs it doesn't buff the factions to a crazy amount compared to the xenon and they don't wipe them out early. And with the FOCW spawned miner option enbaled it offsets the constant miner suicide runs into enemy sectors a bit, it seems fine now
Been observing for quite some time now. Xenon were sort of doing okay but they were still bleeding and losing territory albeit slowly. Nonetheless, they were not able to keep up. I think deadair wares and deadair god also help the economy become relatively stronger which helps all factions produce ships and the xenon may not be able to fully cope with this. So, what I decided to do is, modify deadair fill to only work on Xenon and set it to fill up their wharfs and shipyards every 5 minutes to 100%. So far, is definitely helping the xenon cope. I don't mind that the xenon are cheating if it provides a challenge lol.

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Sun, 28. May 23, 12:41

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 03:59
Crypticguy wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 20:35

That shouldn't be a big deal. FOCW doesn't order ships rapidly so that shouldn't really be a big indicator. That may depend on how much time has passed and also could vary from game to game. In the game I am currently playing, the Xenon are doing fine so far in most places and are invading quite a bit. You could try turning off the faction ships until the xenon build up a bit and then turn them back on little by little or something.
Yeah the game needs a bit of time to stabilize, without deadair jobs it doesn't buff the factions to a crazy amount compared to the xenon and they don't wipe them out early. And with the FOCW spawned miner option enbaled it offsets the constant miner suicide runs into enemy sectors a bit, it seems fine now
Been observing for quite some time now. Xenon were sort of doing okay but they were still bleeding and losing territory albeit slowly. Nonetheless, they were not able to keep up. I think deadair wares and deadair god also help the economy become relatively stronger which helps all factions produce ships and the xenon may not be able to fully cope with this. So, what I decided to do is, modify deadair fill to only work on Xenon and set it to fill up their wharfs and shipyards every 5 minutes to 100%. So far, is definitely helping the xenon cope. I don't mind that the xenon are cheating if it provides a challenge lol.
They definetely need the cheats to keep up with those mods, can you tell me how you modified deadair fill to only work on xenon? Or upload the modified file

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. May 23, 15:22

Crypticguy wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 12:41
BlackRain wrote:
Crypticguy wrote:

They definetely need the cheats to keep up with those mods, can you tell me how you modified deadair fill to only work on xenon? Or upload the modified file
Just go into the md folder and open the mdscript there. Copy and paste this over the existing same code

Code: Select all

<cue name="FindFillStations" instantiate="true">
					<conditions>
						<event_cue_signalled/>
					</conditions>
					<actions>
						<!-- DEBUG CHANCE VALUE -->
						<set_value name="$DAFillDebugChance" exact="false"/>
						<!-- FIND THE STATIONS -->
						<!--<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" tradestation="true">
							<match owner="faction.player" negate="true"/>
						</find_station>-->
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" shipyard="true">
							<!--<match owner="faction.player" negate="true"/>-->
							<match owner="faction.xenon"/>
						</find_station>
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" wharf="true">
						</find_station>
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" canequipships="true">
							<match_content class="class.buildmodule"/>
						</find_station>
						<!--<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" piratebase="true">
						</find_station>-->
						<!-- NOTIFY OF STEP -->
						<debug_text text="'MOD: DeadAirFillv3 -- %1 -- Completed station search and found %2 stations'.[player.age,$FillStationGroup.count]" context="false" filter="scripts" chance="if @$DAFillDebugChance then ($DAFillDebugChance * 100) else 0"/>
					</actions>
					<cues>
						<cue name="ProcessWaresLoop">
							<delay exact="$DelayAlpha"/>
							<actions>
								<do_if value="$FillStationGroup.count gt 0">
									<set_value name="$Station" exact="$FillStationGroup.{1}"/>
									<debug_text text="'MOD: DeadAirFillv3 -- %1 -- Processing %2 in sector %3'.[player.age,$Station.knownname,$Station.sector.knownname]" context="false" filter="scripts" chance="if @$DAFillDebugChance then ($DAFillDebugChance * 100) else 0"/>
									<include_actions ref="ProcessWares"/>
									<remove_from_group group="$FillStationGroup" object="$Station"/>
									<reset_cue cue="this"/>
								</do_if>
								<do_else>
									<remove_value name="$Station"/>
								</do_else>
							</actions>
						</cue>
					</cues>
				</cue>
I then use the in game menu to have it update every 5 minutes and to fill it to 100%. The Xenon have been streaming out so far lol. Let me know how it goes for you too.

Make sure you copy and paste it correctly otherwise it will not work.

wildfoodiemiku

Post by wildfoodiemiku » Sun, 28. May 23, 15:34

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 15:22
Crypticguy wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Just go into the md folder and open the mdscript there. Copy and paste this over the existing same code

<conditions>
						<event_cue_signalled/>
					</conditions>
					<actions>
						<!--<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" tradestation="true">
						</find_station>-->
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" shipyard="true">
						</find_station>
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" wharf="true">
						</find_station>
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" canequipships="true">
						</find_station>
						<!--<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" piratebase="true">
						</find_station>-->
						<!-- NOTIFY OF STEP -->
						<debug_text text="'MOD: DeadAirFillv3 -- %1 -- Completed station search and found %2 stations'.[player.age,$FillStationGroup.count]" context="false" filter="scripts" chance="if @$DAFillDebugChance then ($DAFillDebugChance * 100) else 0"/>
					</actions>
					<cues>
							<actions>
									<debug_text text="'MOD: DeadAirFillv3 -- %1 -- Processing %2 in sector %3'.[player.age,$Station.knownname,$Station.sector.knownname]" context="false" filter="scripts" chance="if @$DAFillDebugChance then ($DAFillDebugChance * 100) else 0"/>
									<reset_cue cue="this"/>
								</do_if>
								<do_else>
								</do_else>
							</actions>
						</cue>
					</cues>
				</cue>
I then use the in game menu to have it update every 5 minutes and to fill it to 100%. The Xenon have been streaming out so far lol. Let me know how it goes for you too.

one thing I would like to mention is when applying this kind of fix to an existing save, old script might baked into the save so modifications seems not work.
if you did a test and find other faction still get resource boost, do this:

backup your save,
remove DA fill,
load save and make a new save without DA fill,
enable DA fill with changed script
load your new save.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. May 23, 16:25

wildfoodiemiku wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 15:34
BlackRain wrote:
Crypticguy wrote:

<conditions>
						<event_cue_signalled/>
					</conditions>
					<actions>
						</find_station>-->
						</find_station>
						</find_station>
						</find_station>
						</find_station>-->
						<!-- NOTIFY OF STEP -->
					</actions>
					<cues>
							<actions>
									<reset_cue cue="this"/>
								</do_if>
								<do_else>
								</do_else>
							</actions>
						</cue>
					</cues>
				</cue>

one thing I would like to mention is when applying this kind of fix to an existing save, old script might baked into the save so modifications seems not work.
if you did a test and find other faction still get resource boost, do this:

backup your save,
remove DA fill,
load save and make a new save without DA fill,
enable DA fill with changed script
load your new save.
That should not happen here, but I guess you can take precautions if you want to.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. May 23, 16:55

Also, if you want even more Xenon ships, plop this file into the libraries folder of FOCW, overriding existing jobs.xml

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4gofayzhj5tu42/jobs.xml?dl=0

and then set the two options in the focw config to 1

<set_value name="$activateXenspawneddestroyerfleet" exact="1" />

<set_value name="$activateXenspawnedcarrierfleet" exact="1" />

These were originally supposed to be spawned fleets but I just changed them (hence the new jobs.xml) so they will be built normally. This will add many more small xenon fleets. 1 Xenon I fleet with fighters and frigates, 14 xenon k fleets with fighters and frigates (all of these can attack and be used by faction logic) and then 16 defense fleets with xenon K and fighters/frigates that are only used for defense and will not attack. These are fleets which have 1 main ship (either I or K) and all followers are fighters/frigates.

If the Xenon are losing already, it might take a lot of time to recover for them just keep that in mind.

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Sun, 28. May 23, 17:00

BlackRain wrote:
Crypticguy wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

<conditions>
						<event_cue_signalled/>
					</conditions>
					<actions>
						</find_station>-->
						</find_station>
						</find_station>
						</find_station>
						</find_station>-->
						<!-- NOTIFY OF STEP -->
					</actions>
					<cues>
							<actions>
									<reset_cue cue="this"/>
								</do_if>
								<do_else>
								</do_else>
							</actions>
						</cue>
					</cues>
				</cue>

I did that but do you mean the ingame extension options? I dont have anything deadair fill in there. Im using the deadair fill from nexusmods btw

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. May 23, 17:05

Crypticguy wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 17:00
BlackRain wrote:
Crypticguy wrote:

<conditions>
						<event_cue_signalled/>
					</conditions>
					<actions>
						</find_station>-->
						</find_station>
						</find_station>
						</find_station>
						</find_station>-->
						<!-- NOTIFY OF STEP -->
					</actions>
					<cues>
							<actions>
									<reset_cue cue="this"/>
								</do_if>
								<do_else>
								</do_else>
							</actions>
						</cue>
					</cues>
				</cue>

I did that but do you mean the ingame extension options? I dont have anything deadair fill in there. Im using the deadair fill from nexusmods btw
Yes, there are additional extension options, in the menu it should say Extension options and then there should be DeadAir Fill Options, select that. If you don't see it, then you are missing something. It is there for me?

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Sun, 28. May 23, 17:32

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 17:05
Crypticguy wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 17:00
BlackRain wrote:

<conditions>
						<event_cue_signalled/>
					</conditions>
					<actions>
						</find_station>-->
						</find_station>
						</find_station>
						</find_station>
						</find_station>-->
						<!-- NOTIFY OF STEP -->
					</actions>
					<cues>
							<actions>
									<reset_cue cue="this"/>
								</do_if>
								<do_else>
								</do_else>
							</actions>
						</cue>
					</cues>
				</cue>

Yes, there are additional extension options, in the menu it should say Extension options and then there should be DeadAir Fill Options, select that. If you don't see it, then you are missing something. It is there for me?
I didn't paste the code correctly which broke the mod, i have the ingame menu now and i also activated the 2 xenon options with the jobs file let's see how this goes

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. May 23, 17:38

Let me know how it goes in your game, but it might take a while. By the way, I also made Trinity go to war with Argon/Antigone/Teladi and Terrans go to war with Antigone/Argon for more chaos lol.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. May 23, 20:17

After several hours of observation, so far the Xenon seem to be making a pretty strong come back and their shipyards/wharfs are continuously pumping out ships. Also, the many wars seem to be helping them a bit too. I will eventually stop some of the factions from fighting and see how it goes (terran will make peace with argon/antigone and Teladi will make peace with trinity). I will keep the trinity vs argon/antigone war going though. Anyway, Xenon are making some ground and pushing back the other factions a bit.

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Mon, 29. May 23, 01:26

im still pretty early in the game and don't have a lot of sattelites up but i can already see a large amount of xenon in hatikvas choice attacking the trading station, also I saw many of the defense platforms bordering xenon sectors heavily damaged

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 29. May 23, 02:05

Crypticguy wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 01:26
im still pretty early in the game and don't have a lot of sattelites up but i can already see a large amount of xenon in hatikvas choice attacking the trading station, also I saw many of the defense platforms bordering xenon sectors heavily damaged
If it seems like they are too strong, you should change the deadairfill settings to 0

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Mon, 29. May 23, 15:05

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 02:05
Crypticguy wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 01:26
If it seems like they are too strong, you should change the deadairfill settings to 0
It seems fine so far, although I didn't set it up to every 5 minutes, mine is every 15 minutes and 40% fill

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 29. May 23, 17:23

Does DeadAirFill literally just give free resources to factions, based on certain parameters? Doesn't that totally negate the game economy? I mean, I work hard to protect allied faction Mining and Trading by securing dangerous areas they might pass through. Additionally, I'll try to "starve out" the Xenon, by killing their mining ships that stray into Faction space - slowing their build rate. My combat ships will also (try to) ensure that key stations aren't so vulnerable to attack - Hatikvah's Choice I can have problems, and shipping gets slaughtered there if it's not checked. This can have a massive effect on the Faction's ability to field replacement ships. If ship building facilities are getting regular resource injections regardless...well, it's a game-changer for sure.

I don't use DeadAirFill - or any of DeadAir's other stuff at the moment, so perhaps I'm not understanding things?

I know Faction War Economy Enhancer has options to give a losing faction a shipment of resources from time to time, but that's very much a last-gasp attempt as far as I'm aware. It's not general free resources, just a one-off resource gift if certain parameters are met. I don't know how often it repeats, if those conditions are met again.

I've not had to work quite so hard this game, as fortuitous Station and Defence Platform placement, thanks to the seed, have reduced Xenon Capital ship getting too far into ARG space for example.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 29. May 23, 17:39

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 17:23
Does DeadAirFill literally just give free resources to factions, based on certain parameters? Doesn't that totally negate the game economy? I mean, I work hard to protect allied faction Mining and Trading by securing dangerous areas they might pass through. Additionally, I'll try to "starve out" the Xenon, by killing their mining ships that stray into Faction space - slowing their build rate. My combat ships will also (try to) ensure that key stations aren't so vulnerable to attack - Hatikvah's Choice I can have problems, and shipping gets slaughtered there if it's not checked. This can have a massive effect on the Faction's ability to field replacement ships. If ship building facilities are getting regular resource injections regardless...well, it's a game-changer for sure.

I don't use DeadAirFill - or any of DeadAir's other stuff at the moment, so perhaps I'm not understanding things?

I know Faction War Economy Enhancer has options to give a losing faction a shipment of resources from time to time, but that's very much a last-gasp attempt as far as I'm aware. It's not general free resources, just a one-off resource gift if certain parameters are met. I don't know how often it repeats, if those conditions are met again.

I've not had to work quite so hard this game, as fortuitous Station and Defence Platform placement, thanks to the seed, have reduced Xenon Capital ship getting too far into ARG space for example.
All the Deadair mods do different things. Deadair god for example affects stations and modules, making them more efficient. This is good for the economy. Deadair wares changes a bit how things get built, for example, stations only require claytronics to build and not hull parts anymore. This frees up hull parts for ship construction which also boosts the economy. Both work very good in my opinion.

Deadair fill can be configured in a few ways, but essentially it just gives free wares to a station. It affects trade stations, wharfs and shipyards. You can set the frequency of when it activates (5 minutes to 120 minutes or something like that) and you can also configure the percentages. So for example, you can set it to activate every 30 minutes and then it would check either the trade stations or wharfs/shipyards (separate configs for these) and depending on the floor and ceiling you set it will give wares. So you can say if it only has 5 % of wares, then give 15% of wares, or you can go all the way up to 100%. If you keep it low, like 5% floor and 15% ceiling, it is still cheating in wares but it isn't that much of a difference economy wise. The benefit is that the factions would still be able to build some ships here and there keeping things going. However, you can still bleed them, etc. You can also just turn it off whenever you want so that maybe you just want one boost to get things going and then not do it anymore. It depends on how you set it up.

Anyway, I haven't needed to use it for the regular factions so far so I just altered mine to only work on Xenon. I can turn it off at any time I want so it isn't a big deal and I want the challenge of fighting more difficult Xenon. I can still stop the Xenon by destroying their shipyards/wharfs and taking over.

With my experience with the Deadair mods, I haven't felt any need to use the faction war economy mods and the game feels pretty good to me.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 29. May 23, 18:06

Thanks for the explanation, I'm aware it's off-topic, but how mods interact with each other is interesting to know.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Mon, 29. May 23, 20:29

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 18:06
Thanks for the explanation, I'm aware it's off-topic, but how mods interact with each other is interesting to know.
Sometimes you can force one mod to load before others by adding it as a <dependency> to the mod you want loaded second. This might have a positive effect if they both modify the same features. Of course it can also be a disaster :)

wildfoodiemiku

Post by wildfoodiemiku » Tue, 30. May 23, 09:03

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 17:23

I think it all depends what you want and how much you can make up the story to enjoy this game.

Vanilla game by itself provided a delicate yet fragile economy system, ( except for encounter system, it transport random ship from their current task to your surroundings kindly already break this system no matter you notice it or not).

Many who use mod like DA fill is just try to make the universe running in a more robust/active way, the universe you are playing with matters more than if the economic system is correct. Considering many vanilla economy issues will not say vanilla is correct as well.

When you describe your good game experience, you are talking about your experience from a universe made by vanilla system, not the economic system itself. After many play through if you start to have questions like “why this system runs in this way when it is clearly not good?”,”why 10 in 10 of my play through xenon dead in the same way because I starve them by killing their miners” mods like DA fill becomes a easy way to solve this problem.

In my case, I use DA fill to remove small amount goods from trade station to avoid economy halt due to too many production, Story I make up is to simulate civilians just regularly consume goods from trade station to maintain their ship and stations( which is a system not in vanilla, also is too troublesome for a game to play with).
I add small amount goods to trade station ( which affects normal station except xenon) to avoid economy halt on key resource shortage, story is each faction getting regular support from their planetary habitats just like their infinite Cr.(which is also not there in vanilla).
I add goods to only xenon shipyard, to buff them so I do not get another game experience I have played many times, story is Xenon as a not fully understand dangerous faction, have their hidden mothership supported without normal faction even have a chance to detect.

all above story ( and game buff/effect ) can be achieved with proper modding to make it actually happen instead of just number change in the station, But unlikely I can get it quickly with bug free and not causing my CPU fan sounds louder. so when my expectation to such game experience is higher than I need to see these thing happen before me, these mod becomes a must.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 30. May 23, 20:52

It's taken me a while to get my personal ideal balance of mods and the current set seem to play nicely together. The Xenon are a credible threat, but the other Factions can generally hold their own for a couple of days. During that time, I'm supporting them economically - largely via Raw materials such as Ore and Silicon, as well as a little Nividium for extra profits. While this passive income is rolling in for me, and trades are being done supporting friendly Factions, I'm out there capturing (usually) Pirate ships to add to my own fleet. Doing so ends up making more money than my Mining activities, purely from selling excess stuff from captured ships. I then have good money, Faction economies are well-supplied with Raw materials, and I have a decent combat fleet of my own.

With said fleet, I can then start resisting the Xenon with force, further enhancing friendly economies due to a reduction in attrition. I usually start in Argon Space, so align myself with them first, keeping their space that little bit safer. By around day three, the Xenon - untouched in their own sectors - tend to start pushing out a little more, so any defensive lines I've set - be they Fleets, Stations or a combination of the two - need to be reinforced. Without my Military help, the Factions can sometimes struggle, but their strong economies allow them to reinforce nicely.

With my current mod set, the Xenon have NEVER been overwhelmed by the other Factions. If the Factions stopped their squabbles with each other, they'd be able to give the Xenon a hard time. However, they're not coded that way so will go at each other just as readily as at the Xenon. I had an instance where an Argon Fleet was hard-pressed by a large Xenon fleet. I was on-hand to help, but the battle was still closely-matched. Then a Split Raptor fleet arrived, enough to readily turn the tide. However, the Raptor was more interested in killing the Argon Fleet (we were in neutral space) than the Xenon. So, in the end, the Argon fleet was wiped out, the Raptor fleet took heavy losses and only I continued to hold the line. Thought that was a little silly lol.

It had always surprised me when people would say how the Xenon were extinct after a couple of game days, or that they'd taken over the universe in the same amount of time. For me, with my mod list, while they are a credible threat, they're a little more slow-burn, and the other factions are a little better able to resist (additional fleets with this mod), but they do launch some SUBSTANTIAL attacks at times.

As I like to play the economic game too, DeadAir has the potential to make those efforts worthless in practical terms. I.e. the fact that friendly Factions got well-supplied thanks to me, or that another Faction had supplies cut off due to my efforts, means little if their Trading Stations, Wharfs, Ship Yards and Equipment Docks get granted "free" wares from time to time. Personal preference. If you're happy with a less complete simulation to obtain the desired balance, I can see how DeadAir (fill) can help keep the universe functional, even if it doesn't have the resources to support it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”