[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Berni
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.6

Post by Berni » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 15:43

Question: what are Xenon carrier's exactly? the I or on very rare occasion an "U" (but i'm not sure if the "U" is from RoR-mod)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 16:44

Berni wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 15:43
Question: what are Xenon carrier's exactly? the I or on very rare occasion an "U" (but i'm not sure if the "U" is from RoR-mod)
Yeah, xenon don't actually have a carrier, I just named them that but it is the I. The U is part of a mod and not part of vanilla.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 17:15

Thanks^^

...is there any way to give my Xenons a jumpstart? with a script maybe to refill all their shipyards and wharfs? i used the build and economic module from FE-mod too long and now all factions are kinda overpowered! for example i have about 60 ANT/ARG stations in Second Contact 2 :o

even 2 I's and a couple of K's won't make it far into enemy territory.

slober
x4

Post by slober » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 19:04

+5 to your Karma !!!

Finally X4 became interesting!!! :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 00:21

Berni wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 17:15
Thanks^^

...is there any way to give my Xenons a jumpstart? with a script maybe to refill all their shipyards and wharfs? i used the build and economic module from FE-mod too long and now all factions are kinda overpowered! for example i have about 60 ANT/ARG stations in Second Contact 2 :o

even 2 I's and a couple of K's won't make it far into enemy territory.
It is extremely easy for Xenon to fill up their shipyards/wharfs since they only need 3 resources. Just give it some time and their numbers will swell.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 10:53

I don't know what has happened to my game.
After ~150h ingame hours my game is more or less dead... no faction is trying to conquer anything, Xenon won't send any captial ships out of their own sectors... just "trading business" as usual.
Every faction has a few hundred stations but they won't make use of it - no big fleets, no big battles.

I've enabled more carriers and cap ships for factions, more carriers for defence, more Xenon mining ships and Xenon Apocalypse^^

Set allied factions to ANT/ARG/HAT vs. all paranids and Teladi vs. Trinity. All other faction relations are default.

I have the feeling that triggering the Terran vs. ANT/ARG war from the main story line broke something. They attack each other when ships cross their path but i can see no big fleets attacking each other.

What could have possible gone wrong?

I'm using following mods: XRebirth Ships, VRO, FOCW, RoR, Faction Enhancer (for about 50h - now disabled), Weapon Pack.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 13:46

Berni wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 10:53
After ~150h ingame hours my game is more or less dead... no faction is trying to conquer anything, Xenon won't send any captial ships out of their own sectors... just "trading business" as usual.
Every faction has a few hundred stations but they won't make use of it - no big fleets, no big battles.

I'm using following mods: XRebirth Ships, VRO, FOCW, RoR, Faction Enhancer (for about 50h - now disabled), Weapon Pack.
By your description I'd say you either have a galaxy wide resource shortage, or broken faction logic.

If there's a galaxy wide resource shortage that blocks ship building this mod won't change that, as the ships it adds have still to be built by the shipyards, and if they all lack, let's say, hull parts, then no ships to use for invasions. Terrans IIRC can have issues too late game because they tend to be short in silicon to produce their few high tier wares, but the Xenon shouldn't, as they only use a few raw resources. Take a look at the shipyards around the map and see if you can spot a pattern, like it happened in the early days of the game where everybody would be left without smart chips or engine components.

Otherwise, something might actually have broken in faction logic. And I'd look either at a vanilla issue or something about FE, it's the only mod in your list that should touch faction logic. Never used it myself though because it makes the wars go faster, and I never wanted the pace of the game to be faster, so can't tell you much about it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 16:21

Berni wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 10:53

I've enabled more carriers and cap ships for factions, more carriers for defence, more Xenon mining ships and Xenon Apocalypse^^

Set allied factions to ANT/ARG/HAT vs. all paranids and Teladi vs. Trinity. All other faction relations are default.

I have the feeling that triggering the Terran vs. ANT/ARG war from the main story line broke something. They attack each other when ships cross their path but i can see no big fleets attacking each other.

The issue you are having has nothing to do with this mod. I don't use FE, but that is most likely the culprit for any factionlogic issues. Or, as the previous poster mentioned, it is an economic issue but I don't see how the economy could have crashed so bad if there is that many stations around. Try looking at all the shipyards and see what they are missing and try to provide the materials they need.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 16:36

Hey Blackrain, sorry, it was not meant to be a criticism. I should have asked if any of the other mods might be bothering your FOCW. :)

I've hacked the Antigone shipyards in the hope that the Paranids will invade and destroy a few stations. Unfortunately, that was not the case either.
The Paranids have hundred of ships, most of them guarding the gate to the Xenon sector, but they aren't interested invading ANT space...

Maybe i should start over without the RoR mod^^

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 17:33

Berni wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 16:36
Hey Blackrain, sorry, it was not meant to be a criticism. I should have asked if any of the other mods might be bothering your FOCW. :)

I've hacked the Antigone shipyards in the hope that the Paranids will invade and destroy a few stations. Unfortunately, that was not the case either.
The Paranids have hundred of ships, most of them guarding the gate to the Xenon sector, but they aren't interested invading ANT space...

Maybe i should start over without the RoR mod^^
Don't worry, I didn't take your comment as criticism, I was just making a statement.

Starting over might be for the best. I don't know when you started using FOCW, but there were some bugs I fixed. Some ships were not set up to be commandeered by the factionlogic which meant they would patrol a specific sector but never leave that sector. However, this wouldn't affect wars per say, just that there would be a lot of my ships from certain factions patrolling only specific places. This is probably what you see with the paranid ships if they are ones added by FOCW and not the normal jobs ones. I fixed this though so a new game would have you starting fresh and you won't see that specific issue anymore.

Not sure what RoR is or how that would affect things though.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 18:38

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 17:33

RoR is the "Rise of the Ossian Raiders" Mod - i use because it adds a lot of capital ships like Battlestar Galactica.
And if you enable it, it must have some faction logic too because the Ossian Raiders are set to conquer other sectors aggressively^^

So i'm not sure if RoR scripts only affects the new Ossian faction or maybe tinkers with other factions too :gruebel:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 19:02

Berni wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 18:38
BlackRain wrote:

RoR is the "Rise of the Ossian Raiders" Mod - i use because it adds a lot of capital ships like Battlestar Galactica.
And if you enable it, it must have some faction logic too because the Ossian Raiders are set to conquer other sectors aggressively^^

So i'm not sure if RoR scripts only affects the new Ossian faction or maybe tinkers with other factions too :gruebel:
Ah I see, I never used that mod. I am not familiar with it but it sounds like it could put a strain on the economy though. I doubt it touches other factions factionlogic but I never looked at it.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 19:55

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 19:02
Berni wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 18:38
BlackRain wrote:

Ah I see, I never used that mod. I am not familiar with it but it sounds like it could put a strain on the economy though. I doubt it touches other factions factionlogic but I never looked at it.
RoR shouldn't be an issue. It doesn't touch the other factions, and it becomes relevant only once you actively trigger it to let it go on the offensive, and only depending on the strain that poses on the other factions (IE: if they were to repeteadly lose a lot of assets to them, that would indeed make them weaker affecting their ability to wage war elsewhere: that's not what's happening going by the description of the situation). I've used it together with FOCW for aeons and never had any problems.

Basically it just adds two factions, one passive (where you get the new ships: the mod is basically a fancy, gameplay gated version of a ship pack) and the other one is activated when you want it to, and it's the "end game threat". They expand using vanilla logic (effectively since their ships are VERY OP) plus they have some scripted invasions that send a fleet to raze a random sector every now and then.

IMO, that FE having been deactivated mid game has to be the prime suspect. It's the kind of major mod that affect so many things under the hood, that I'd never disable (or enable, for that matter) it without starting a new game.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 21:10

Hi,

Query regarding one of the settings:

<set_value name="$activateallfactionsfight" exact="0"/>

<!-- Do you want to activate additional Capital ships for all factions?

By "All Factions" do you mean including the Xenon? I assumed it meant just the race Factions, not the Xenon too. I've enabled this option and gains larger main Faction Fleets, which is what I wanted. Initially I saw no additional Xenon, so things were balanced quite well, Factions could defend fairly well vs. Xenon incursions, but the Xenon were not getting beaten up in their own space. Sure, there was the odd incursion - pretty much exclusively Terran - but the Xenon were never really hurt.

Recently though, from about Day 3 game time - I'm seeing multiple Xenon I (with supporting Destroyers) incursions at any one time, so I wondered whether this setting has indeed boosted the Xenon too. I've use NONE of the specific Xenon option, just those to boost "weak" Factions like HAT, and make TER even more OP, cos it amuses me.

Scoob.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 22:49

2 things:
1. Any chance for Yaki support? They are rare in general, and with FOCW enabled for everyone, I saw one Yaki ship in several hours.
2. With FOCW 6.6, I get "Required extension 'Cradle of Humanity' missing". The problem is, I have both expansions, and both are enabled. Ofc the game works fine, but the warning is misleading.
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 23:52

TehGM wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 22:49
2 things:
1. Any chance for Yaki support? They are rare in general, and with FOCW enabled for everyone, I saw one Yaki ship in several hours.
2. With FOCW 6.6, I get "Required extension 'Cradle of Humanity' missing". The problem is, I have both expansions, and both are enabled. Ofc the game works fine, but the warning is misleading.
1. Good point, they're pretty rare. Also, in my game, the Xenon agro'd the main Yaki station resulting in a pitched battle between two Stations...Yaki lost. Station hasn't rebuilt yet - at least, I can't find it - so I cannot continue certain plot things.

2. I didn't get that message after updating to v6.6. I have both DLC too of course, downloaded v6.6, deleted v6.5, copied v6.6 over and edited the settings to match my prior settings. No warning messages. Don't know what might have gone screwy for you, but (as much as I hate saying this) it "Works fine for me(TM)", which isn't very helpful. Make a note of your settings, redownload and reinstall perhaps?

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:54

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 21:10
Hi,

By "All Factions" do you mean including the Xenon? I assumed it meant just the race Factions, not the Xenon too. I've enabled this option and gains larger main Faction Fleets, which is what I wanted. Initially I saw no additional Xenon, so things were balanced quite well, Factions could defend fairly well vs. Xenon incursions, but the Xenon were not getting beaten up in their own space. Sure, there was the odd incursion - pretty much exclusively Terran - but the Xenon were never really hurt.

Recently though, from about Day 3 game time - I'm seeing multiple Xenon I (with supporting Destroyers) incursions at any one time, so I wondered whether this setting has indeed boosted the Xenon too. I've use NONE of the specific Xenon option, just those to boost "weak" Factions like HAT, and make TER even more OP, cos it amuses me.

Scoob.
Only the Xenon options affect the Xenon. That option you mentioned is only for the original vanilla factions. Xenon and DLC factions are separate options

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:56

TehGM wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 22:49
2 things:
In the next version I will add in Yaki and Trinity. However, even with more ships the Yaki are in a difficult spot. We will see how that goes.

Your second issue is strange. Not sure why it says that, doesn’t for me.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 05:22

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:54
Scoob wrote:
Hi,

Scoob.
Only the Xenon options affect the Xenon. That option you mentioned is only for the original vanilla factions. Xenon and DLC factions are separate options
I noticed something similar to scoob but it could be the other mods I have installed or just the way it is apparently. It made the most logical sense considering some folks won't have the DLC packs.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 14:45

Baconnaise wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 05:22
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:54
Scoob wrote:
Hi,

Scoob.
I noticed something similar to scoob but it could be the other mods I have installed or just the way it is apparently. It made the most logical sense considering some folks won't have the DLC packs.
I checked to make sure, but yeah the Xenon I's have their own separate options from everything else. If you guys are using VRO, it could be that. I think VRO has some job changes.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”