[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

exogenesis
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.8

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 28. Feb 22, 22:28

Well that was weird,
just updated to v5.00 RC1 & all 'terraformer supervisor fleets' have stopped being made,
only vanilla ships being constructed.

No changes to focwsetup.xml, everything on MAX xenon,
(to try & get more than one or two ships to not just goal-hang the xenon sectors).

Will keep it going to see if it changes...

King[NL]
x4

Post by King[NL] » Mon, 14. Mar 22, 18:16

I reckon the mod is not compatible with the newest dlc yet? Obviously you cannot make it compatible until the DLC has been released.
Will the topic title be updated to 6.9 once it is compatible?
For now I will play with the DLC disabled. Just to be on the safe side. BTW I really like this mod. Thank you for making this mod. It makes the game much more interesting.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 15:31

King[NL] wrote:
Mon, 14. Mar 22, 18:16
I reckon the mod is not compatible with the newest dlc yet? Obviously you cannot make it compatible until the DLC has been released.
Will the topic title be updated to 6.9 once it is compatible?
For now I will play with the DLC disabled. Just to be on the safe side. BTW I really like this mod. Thank you for making this mod. It makes the game much more interesting.
It should work fine with the DLC. This only adds new ships, all of which come from this mod so it should work fine. It won't add new ships for the new factions though. I would need to add them.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 11:11

Can't wait for the ToA update. I am told that FOCW doesn't matter with these factions that much, but still would be great.
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 23:58

TehGM wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 11:11
Can't wait for the ToA update. I am told that FOCW doesn't matter with these factions that much, but still would be great.
I bought the new expansion but I haven't played yet. Are the new factions really necessary to add more ships too? I don't think any of them are major factions? If they aren't major factions then I probably wouldn't do anything with them. However, if they are major factions on the level of the others then I will get around to it soon.

dtaco
x4

Post by dtaco » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 11:09

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 23:58
TehGM wrote:
I bought the new expansion but I haven't played yet. Are the new factions really necessary to add more ships too? I don't think any of them are major factions? If they aren't major factions then I probably wouldn't do anything with them. However, if they are major factions on the level of the others then I will get around to it soon.
They have sector ownership but they don't seem to be actively invading enemy sectors (when put at war through a mod or something). One faction has a very minimal military ship presence while the other relies a lot on fighters more than most other major factions.
My X4 nexus mods so far:
X3 ATF/USC Ship Pack
Terran Accelerators

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 08:27

BlackRain wrote:
TehGM wrote:
I been playing since release with FOCW and doesn't seem that they need it, in my game they have big fleets, some skirmishes here and there but they don't seem to have any threat and have good fleets even with FOCW at max for other factions.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 15:30

Bozz11 wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 08:27
BlackRain wrote:
TehGM wrote:
I been playing since release with FOCW and doesn't seem that they need it, in my game they have big fleets, some skirmishes here and there but they don't seem to have any threat and have good fleets even with FOCW at max for other factions.
They probably aren't conquest factions (similar to Hatikvah)

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 22:04

Great mod but I have few question:

Code: Select all

<set_value name="$ExistingDestroyerThreshold" exact="6"/>
If I change this value to let say 20 - Do I need also change corresponding job definiton somehow?

eg.:

<quota galaxy="17" maxgalaxy="39" sector="3"/>
?

2. Is it possible to force xenon to build more shipyards (eg. in new conquered sectors)? In my game xenon has full stack of resources and it is building destroyer one after another. But this is still not enough :)

BR,
Michum

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:36

MiFoludek wrote:
Sun, 27. Mar 22, 22:04

If I change this value to let say 20 - Do I need also change corresponding job definiton somehow?

eg.:

?

2. Is it possible to force xenon to build more shipyards (eg. in new conquered sectors)? In my game xenon has full stack of resources and it is building destroyer one after another. But this is still not enough :)

BR,
Michum
If you change <set_value name="$ExistingDestroyerThreshold" exact="6"/> to <set_value name="$ExistingDestroyerThreshold" exact="20"/> then that means there is a possibility to create up to 20 of these fleets give or take a few. You do not do anything in jobs.xml. Just changing that number is sufficient. However, keep in mind that it isn't as if they are ordering these ships one after the other. The script is on a timer. You can change the timer to increase the speed at which the script will fire, but there is a reason it is on a timer. If there is no timer, the parts that control how many fleets get built won't function correctly. You might be able to lower the timers a little bit though.

As for Xenon building more shipyards, I think they already build like 6 or 7, do you really need more? Lol

It is of course possible to increase the number of shipyards they build if you add code for it but I didn't add anything for that.

Gonzaiez
x4

Post by Gonzaiez » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 16:45

BlackRain wrote:
TehGM wrote:
Can you give the option to add more ships for the new faction? In my game, Argon and Teladi are overrunning the new faction sector. Every game I have done Argon just wipes the new faction. :( :(

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 17:08

Gonzaiez wrote:
Tue, 5. Apr 22, 16:45
BlackRain wrote:
TehGM wrote:
Can you give the option to add more ships for the new faction? In my game, Argon and Teladi are overrunning the new faction sector. Every game I have done Argon just wipes the new faction. :( :(
I will eventually if it is a problem, but I don't know exactly when I will update.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 19:50

Hello,
I want to make Xenons stronger with this mod, but i want to know that destroying Wharf and shipyard will stop buffed xenon expansion for a while?

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 19:53

Is there any ETA for when this mod will be updated for 5.0 and last dlc ?

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 19:57

ObsidianOne wrote:
Tue, 5. Apr 22, 19:53
Is there any ETA for when this mod will be updated for 5.0 and last dlc ?
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 5. Apr 22, 17:08
entually if it is a problem, but I don't know exactly when I will update.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 00:47

Szynszyl wrote:
Tue, 5. Apr 22, 19:50
Hello,
I want to make Xenons stronger with this mod, but i want to know that destroying Wharf and shipyard will stop buffed xenon expansion for a while?
This mod basically forces the faction to build more ships so this also goes for Xenon. If the Xenon have less shipyards/wharfs then they of course can't build as many ships. I mean, they can still build a lot of ships but it would take longer the more stations you destroy, which means they are also weakened.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 07:14

Ok thx, and what about spawned ship, they also depends on amount of shipyards?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 21:05

Szynszyl wrote:
Wed, 6. Apr 22, 07:14
Ok thx, and what about spawned ship, they also depends on amount of shipyards?
What spawning ships are you talking about exactly? There shouldn't be any ships being spawned.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 10:47

In mod settings there is line about xenon spawned ship.

And last question, after i increase amount of xenon ships, when they start invade galaxy? I play about 12 hours with your, ane borders not move

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 15:46

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:36
MiFoludek wrote:
Sun, 27. Mar 22, 22:04

eg.:

?

BR,
Michum
If you change <set_value name="$ExistingDestroyerThreshold" exact="6"/> to <set_value name="$ExistingDestroyerThreshold" exact="20"/> then that means there is a possibility to create up to 20 of these fleets give or take a few. You do not do anything in jobs.xml. Just changing that number is sufficient. However, keep in mind that it isn't as if they are ordering these ships one after the other. The script is on a timer. You can change the timer to increase the speed at which the script will fire, but there is a reason it is on a timer. If there is no timer, the parts that control how many fleets get built won't function correctly. You might be able to lower the timers a little bit though.

As for Xenon building more shipyards, I think they already build like 6 or 7, do you really need more? Lol

It is of course possible to increase the number of shipyards they build if you add code for it but I didn't add anything for that.
yes I need more and more :),
So far I decrease the loop time twice - I think it did the trick -> xenons build more often but one more request come to my mind:
are you planning to add:
a) xenon U (I think it is vro ship)?
b) xenon mk1 mk3 (ROR ship pack)?

If not could you give me hint how to do it?

BR

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”