[MOD] Research Overhaul v2.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sebast076
x4

Re: [WIP][MOD] Research Overhaul v0.2 *UPDATED*

Post by sebast076 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:26

Player inventory trade wares would be perfect for that too (we already use them to then craft the mods we have researched), but it would need a different way to detect and use them, as you can't put them in the PHQ cargo hold, so it might be too much effort.
Yep I intended to use some for the hacking research but it's not possible. Maybe adding new craftable ware that need inventory item but I don't know if they allow the crafting of "container" items.

Edit: download link fixed

Zeiro35
x4

Post by Zeiro35 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 00:53

Love it! Can't wait for mod/devs to add more research in the game!

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 02:50

too bad we can't use any of these fancy expensive crystals we can mine for for this aspect. All I see those things in game for are for gaining credits, having a separate use for them for research would be fantastic. Draw back to it is that you'd have to seriously grind for them if the cost for research requiring them was too high a cost.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 03:05

Requiemfang wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 02:50
too bad we can't use any of these fancy expensive crystals we can mine for for this aspect. All I see those things in game for are for gaining credits, having a separate use for them for research would be fantastic. Draw back to it is that you'd have to seriously grind for them if the cost for research requiring them was too high a cost.
+1

I like this idea, you should totally go with this :)
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

sebast076
x4

Post by sebast076 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 08:48

Maybe creating new crafting recipe using those crystals to make new wares.
I'll look into it

sebast076
x4

Re: [WIP][MOD] Research Overhaul v0.2

Post by sebast076 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 15:21

Moved the mod to Nexus.
Added a Lite version wich should be playable without getting cancer :lol:

Cyres
x4

Post by Cyres » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:56

Do you have a sheet for the normal/brutal version as well?

sebast076
x4

Post by sebast076 » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:56

Cyres wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:56
Do you have a sheet for the normal/brutal version as well?
Here you go:
Spoiler
Show

Cyres
x4

Post by Cyres » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:50

Thank you Sir!

x3ap_gotcha
x3tc

Post by x3ap_gotcha » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 13:41

I like the idea very much, but I can't get it to work. When I drop the wares in the build storage it is not seen, when I add the wares to the station storage module itself they are sold off pretty soon, so I end up heaving nothing to do the research. It would help if the mod looks at the build storage not the station trade storage? Am I missing something?

sebast076
x4

Post by sebast076 » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 18:12

I never actually used the PHQ as a station (due to bad IA going trough the asteroid) so I overlooked this.
The place to look to for the wares is hardcoded so I can't change it.

Try restricting the sales of the wares when you wan't to start a research.

A bit of news for the mod: I'll release soon a 1.0 version who will offer 3 options (lite/ medium / full) balanced like below and including Italian translation thanks to pflip !

lite: same as current version (assume you only have 1 S/M/L and do the delivery yourself)
medium : assume you have some S and M freighter and a couple L freighter to do the delivery for you as you progress trough the research tree
full : assume you'll have a entire fleet later on to provide the wares

I just need to sort out my f*****g windows issue and i'll be able to finish working on it

LUBEggA

Post by LUBEggA » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 20:11

Nice mod, appreciate your work !

Any thoughts on extending the research tree for more technologies, e.g. efficiency boosts for certain production units, ship modules, weapons... ?

Would be great to have a full fledged research tree, also adds a significant resource sink for mid to late game players.

Cheers !

sebast076
x4

Post by sebast076 » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 22:37

Adding research could be done easily. I don't know what's feasible or not for bonuses etc.
I could link new research to new station component or stuff like this I think but it's on a different level of moddibg then.
I'll concentrate on bringing a balanced version of the mod first and see what happens next

Nameless573
x4

Post by Nameless573 » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 23:19

It would be cool if you would implement some sort of skill-tree researchment. Path to walk could be Fight, Trade, Explore with some bonuses for each Kind(or bonus Ships). Perfect would it be if you can only decide for one path at the time so you can individualize your Game a bit + add a reset-function to rechoose the path.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 00:22

I like the idea of a skill-tree sort of thing tied into the research tree, but don't think it's appropriate for the Research Overhaul mod - that should be a different mod.

sebast076
x4

Re: [MOD] Research Overhaul v1.0

Post by sebast076 » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 16:31

1.0 version is here !

- Added Italian Translation. Thanks to pflip
- Added Medium and Hard version
- Corrected interverted german/english translation in the research screen.
- Rebalanced Lite version

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 16:30

It's possible this is broken in the base game too (although I hadn't seen it before) but in the game with this mod I have been able to get a couple blueprints off of random signal leaks without the corresponding research (and without EMP, which I think intentionally is a short-circuit)

Anyone else seen that?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 17:54

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 16:30
It's possible this is broken in the base game too (although I hadn't seen it before) but in the game with this mod I have been able to get a couple blueprints off of random signal leaks without the corresponding research (and without EMP, which I think intentionally is a short-circuit)

Anyone else seen that?
blueprints for what exactly? you talking station modules or mods for ship parts? I've never managed to get a blueprint for ships mods.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:45

Station modules. Specifically got two different habitation module blueprints by just randomly scanning some signal leak that was there while doing something else, even though I didn't have the research.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 20:08

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 19:45
Station modules. Specifically got two different habitation module blueprints by just randomly scanning some signal leak that was there while doing something else, even though I didn't have the research.
Far as I understand station module BP in vanilla unlock from signal leaks as well, the research items for station modules is just to increase the chances of getting a blueprint from signal leaks when scanning them. Example and it might not be accurate but it's just to give a picture.

example: Lets say usually a signal leak gives a 15% chance of giving a blueprint when scanning, if you've done research for that particular type of station module, like say a dock or a production module the chance of getting the BP for that module if you don't have it already gets boosted to say 30% or 40%.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”