[REQ] Star Trek Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

The6atekeeper

[REQ] Star Trek Ships

Post by The6atekeeper » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 08:45

I found an a-a-mazing fill in for Patrick Stewart's Trek life and need a fleet for him to command if someone could kindly help. :-D

Thank you!

FalconGrey
x4

Re: [REQ] Star Trek Ships

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:27

The6atekeeper wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 08:45
I found an a-a-mazing fill in for Patrick Stewart's Trek life and need a fleet for him to command if someone could kindly help. :-D

Thank you!
Engage! :mrgreen:

(Couldn't resist!)

But REALLY! It WOULD be nice to see Next Gen ships added to the game like there was in X3:TC. I miss the epic battles I had in pirate and Xenon sectors!
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

darllock
x4

Post by darllock » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 22:39

I also agree LLAP :)

FlynTie

Post by FlynTie » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 03:27

I wholeheartedly would love to see that BUT please anyone who ever considers doing it, please check all the new license shenanigans or as they call it guidelines beforehand! Using or even creating anything Star Trek related from scratch has become quite tricky these days. Too many people have been contacted by CBS's legal department over the recent years, those guidelines seem to apply not just for fan films but also anything game/mod related.

Mike7495

Post by Mike7495 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 22:01

Well crud. I guess no star trek mods.

dybanne
x3ap

Post by dybanne » Fri, 6. May 22, 16:52

I've been thinking about this for a while, if some ships were to be added, what would be the best way to impliment it?

I'd love it if the federation became it's own race, but the ship sizes and technologies don't really mesh well with the X4 universee. So if it were to be added do you think that it would be better to adapt star trek ship designs to X4 standards (weaponry, how shields work, change ship sizes and crew compliments ) or would it be better to stay consistent with star trek and have them work differently?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”