[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tomson
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.9 and ashipmod

Post by Tomson » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 18:19

Hi
i have got a problem with tihs mod. I can not buy any MK3 ships. At the TTC Shipyard all ships are red. I still can buy MK1 Ship at the factions shipyards.
My Reputation with TTC is 21 and i did the rankup quests.

I don't know where the problem is. Could it be possible that this mod does not work with existing savegames and i have to start a new game for this?

Edit i'm using the following mods:

Inventory Collector
Crew Academies
Sector Explorer
Faction Enhancer - Econ AI Module
Civilian Fleets
Reactive Factions
Crystal Rarities - Glow Only
Remove Dock Symbol
Extra Game Options
Faster Crew Leveling
Remove Dirty Glass
Faction Enhancer - War Module
Better piracy
Ship Reverse Engineering
Variety and Rebalance Overhaul
Better Kill Credit
HQ_02
Capital Ship Loot Magnet
Neutral Engine Tints - S ships (OUTDATED)
Neutral Engine Tints - M ships (OUTDATED)
Pimp My Paintjobs
Paint Jobs for Sale
SirNukes Mod Support APIs

Rise of the Ossian Raider Part 2
Rise of the Ossian Raider
X4 Fire and Smoke
Weapon Pack
SectorSatellites
TaterTrade
Escape Teleport
Fly-by Looting
Mobile Repair Service
Faction Enhancer - Catchup Module

Maybe one of the other mods is causing my problems but i don't know what mod it is and how to fix this.

Please help me,

sco1981
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.9 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 14:01

Tomson wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 18:19
Sorry, wasnt in the forum since a long time.
But i think you posted on steam workshop too, right? So we should solved that already.

New version is out with the Normandy.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 15567.jpeg
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 7. May 21, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Valinir
x3ap

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

Post by Valinir » Fri, 7. May 21, 11:37

hey

what is the "best" way to destroy a ossian raider defense plattform?

im still try to figure out what a good way to destroy these, at the moment im try torpedos but its kinda cancer to hit every defence module

anyone has suggestions?

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Tue, 11. May 21, 03:22

How does the Valhalla Railgun XL work? I read in the description that you can charge it and release on trigger, but every time I press fire, it instantly overheats and shoots a beam out and it's not charging or firing on trigger release?

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Tue, 25. May 21, 21:49

for entertaiment purpose ; action/battle scene. A battlecruiser test an Ora defense station offensive and defensive capacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpD_8A0ljX0&t=94s

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 19:50

The menu is not in a text file. Please transfer the text to a text file..

ror_create_room_fp.xml

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 09:15

i would use this mod again too but only if the BSC ships are a standalone...the mk3 versions.. the rest from this mod is not interesting for me

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 08:47

I also removed everything, except the bsg mk3 and lynx.

Maybe the author can make a BSG only version?
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 15:33

or u can share what u have :)

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 11:28

I spent last night trying to get the mod to work with no luck. It should be said that I have VRO and DeadAirGate 0.91 running.

Proceed:
- both parts of the main mod loaded and installed via NexusMods
- ROR addon for VRO loaded and installed
- DeadAirGates Submod for ROR loaded, adjusted as described (optional="true" in the XML) and installed

When starting the existing save, all messages for the initialization of ROR came clean and the new NPC mission was also activated. In the options I set the difficulty to "Normal".

Only: the mission led nowhere, there was only the hint "Find way to Triton". However, I haven't found any new goals anywhere.

Is there a trick here? Or does DeadAirGates still cause problems? It would be nice to get the mod working, I'm bored to death just being a factory manager :D
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Fri, 5. May 23, 12:24

Does the AI use the BSG and Mass Effect ships, too?

I would like to add this mod, once it´s 6.0 converted but I do not want these ships in my universe.

Or can I "just" remove them from the xml file inside the mod from Nexus?

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Fri, 5. May 23, 13:35

the ashipmod mod link is borked and set to hidden :gruebel:

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 12. May 23, 03:22

scrab21 wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 13:35
the ashipmod mod link is borked and set to hidden :gruebel:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/311

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sat, 20. May 23, 10:15

anyway, we can get the galactica as a stand alone mod ,including its weapons ?
or is someone able to do that ?

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 13:57

Hello,

Arawn mk3 2xXL turrets are inside the hull.

BR

dagger929
x4

Post by dagger929 » Sun, 3. Sep 23, 02:07

Is there a way to activate the gate for them to go throuugh Triton instead of through Xenon space?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 9. Oct 23, 23:44

Hi,

I've just installed this mod on a VRO game in progress and I have some questions regarding ship spawning... I also use XR Ship Pack and Ship Variation Expansion (jobs disabled) so have a wider variety of ships. I also use Faction War Economy Enhancer.

When I first installed the mod (everything disabled by default in the Extension Options) It spawned several small groups of Xenon S and M-Class ships in certain places, which was a bit odd, but I ignored it. However, just now, I enabled the various options proper:

Difficulty: Normal
Gate to Ossian Raiders Sectors: Activated
Flagships Mk1: Activated
Flagships Mk3: Deactivated
Flagships Information Messages: Activated
Enhanced Sector Takeover: Activated

and a Large Xenon Fleet spawned in in Thuruk's Demise III. This sector is currently owned by TEL and happens to have a fleet of my own present - they're guarding the North Gate to Xenon-owned Family Tkr.

Should the game spawn in large fleets like this outside of a factions own sectors? I admit, I was only expecting ships from the two new Factions to appear, not large XEN hostile fleets behind my front lines. If the mod does spawn in additional ships and NOT build them properly, shouldn't they at least be in sectors owned by that faction? I'm not really a fan of ships just spawning in, the Faction's in question can build things legitimately like me lol.

Obviously I'm new to this mod, so I may well be missing something.

Note: the Xenon fleet that spawned in right on top of my Fleet in the sector consists of:

XEN Flagship R9 System Destroyer Mk1
XEN Branch 9 Destroyer L x3
XEN Raiding Party P x2
XEN Raiding Party M x8
XEN Raiding Party N x18

This entire fleet is now rushing towards my fleet. I con probably take them, but not the point lol.

Can I disable the spawning of fleets when the mod is activated like this? I'd rather things be built legitimately. Note that I'm aware that it's the "Flagships Mk1" option being activated that created that XEN Fleet, I just expected it to create an Ossian Fleet, not a XEN one. I've reload and left both Flagship option Disabled for now, will go and read the mod description again. Ah, I missed the "let all factions use their flagship" bit. However, said Flagship should surely Spawn in space owned by that Faction, right?

Edit: After getting a feel for things, I upped the difficulty from "medium" to "Hard". The moment I did so, the gate to the Ossian sector deactivated. Going back to "Medium", it activates again. I tried setting it to "Insane" and, once again, the Gate turned off. What am I missing here?

Edit 2: this appears to be linked to the Flagship setting. If the game is set to Hard with Flagships OFF, the gate deactivates. If it's set to Hard but Flagships are ON, the Gate remains active. Weird.

Edit 3: This mod appears to spawn in a LOT of additional ships. The Xenon faction in my game was very much on the ropes, and now they suddenly have a MASSIVE fleet, including several Xenon I's. Something isn't quite right, perhaps a conflict with another mod?

Edit 4: Well, I turned off the Ossian Raiders last night as things got a little silly. I entered a gate into an OSA-held sector, defeated the small fleet there and took out a WIP defence platform. I advanced West to the next gate. I'm most of the way there when a large fleet seems to pop in out of nowhere. A challenge, but my fleet can take them. As I watch additional ships keep appearing, I'm too far from the West gate for them to have arrived legitimately, plus the larger ships don't exhibit that lightning effect of having just exited the gate. As I watch another group of ships spawn in to the East of me.

The combination of Spawning ships - someone on Discord suggested this was normal, so perhaps not a mod conflict - and many of the ships being heavily modified, it's a bit too much. Seeing a destroyer doing 200k+ damage in a couple of shots is nuts. FYI that was an OSA Syn shooting an Asgard, which has approx 1,000,000 shields, and losing at least 20%. a few seconds later, shields were gone. I've also seen small Corvette (Jian) and Fighter (Gladius) groups give a Battleship (Asgard, Aamon) a really hard time, despite the latter having good anti-fighter capabilities. I wonder if the VRO balance has perhaps thrown things off? Destroyer / Battleship Anti-fighter weaponry seems remarkably ineffective vs. OSA Fighters.

I'm not aware if VRO exaggerates the effects of mods, I don't really use them myself outside of plot requirements. But the damage OSA ships can both deal and soak up is crazy, considering I field various TER ships myself too.

This mod was fun, I wanted something to pad out my end-game and provide a challenge. However, how that challenge is implemented isn't for me, certainly not with the VRO balance, if that's what's made OSA weapons deal massively more damage.

Cheers.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”