[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MHDriver
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.82 and ashipmod

Post by MHDriver » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 03:34

Some additional oddness, I just ran across a TTC raiding party down in Atiya's Misfortune 1 attacking Xenon ships and structures..

Bezlikiy070

Post by Bezlikiy070 » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 02:32

I don't understand, what about the main cannon for Eternal Dawn MK3? I bщгпре a drawing of the B-Ray MK3 cannon, however, but at my shipyard and at the TTS shipyard, only the MK1 cannon can be installed. :o Someone can you tell me if I missed some content?

P.S. Im play with VRO

WhiteDwarf
x4

Post by WhiteDwarf » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 21:06

When I talk to the ROR MOD setup NPC I see there are missions Unknown Signal, Terran Trader & Faiths Revenge, when I choose any of them I get a box reading "Mission is not available yet"? I have +24 rep with TTC. How do I do these missions?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 19:21

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 11:58
sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 08:59

This behavoir exist in vanilla games too, the pathway ai is not very good. There are a lot forum posts about it.
ORA has 2 main sectors where their ships are building and coming from.
Yes, there are issues in various parts of the Vanilla universe. However, I'm talking specifically about sectors added with this mod. I don't know how things work code-wise, whether there's any sort of navigation stuff baked into the map / sectors themselves. All I know is that ship can freak out at certain gates. Basically, that was my query, does someone adding new Sectors have to add additional navigational data elsewhere?

Could you pop into spoilers where these sectors are? I've found Theia and Triton, the former being neutral with no stations and the latter being the Terran home sector, but that's it. Oddly, ORA ships seem to spawn in Triton, so I wondered if ORA bought ships from the Terrans - like FAF do from FRF.

My day-old universe is already seeing the Split ZYA and FRF factions being invaded by the Xenon. They will lose several sectors soon and FRF space will be cut off. I need to get exploring now if there are more sectors to find. I use VRO (and other mods) which makes things quite a bit harder :)

Scoob.
The ORA sectors are:
Spoiler
Show
Behind Matrix9
But you have to increase the difficulity first at the Mod NPC to activate the Gate.

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 14. Aug 20, 01:40
Hi,

I started a fresh game this evening. Did a Patrol mission (Peace and Stability) for the TTC Faction in Triton, completed the mission and got a -5 rep hit. These missions work fine for other factions.

To be clear, my log shows:

Reputation lost: -5 Terran Trader Corp

Reason: Mission Completed.

I'll test these missions with other factions as I progress, but I've never had a rep loss after taking one before.

Scoob.
Dont know where this comes from. I test some missions and got always positive REP, but some missions offer to kill TTC guys, which will result in REP lost.
Can you test without other mods please?
MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:39
Yeah something is up with TTC Rep. I killed a FAF Split raider in Triton and took a -12 rep hit from TTC. Does not make sense. Also did a mission for TTC that ended up with a negative rep strike..
I did kill the FAF M ship too and got no REP hit, maybe another mod issue here? I can disable the "police" tag for the Terrans, so they shouldnt care about kills of other factions and lower their REP to all others to "neutral".
MHDriver wrote:
Thu, 17. Sep 20, 03:34
Some additional oddness, I just ran across a TTC raiding party down in Atiya's Misfortune 1 attacking Xenon ships and structures..
Why is it odd? TTC got some patrol ships and Xenon are enemies. :-)
Bezlikiy070 wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 02:32
I don't understand, what about the main cannon for Eternal Dawn MK3? I bщгпре a drawing of the B-Ray MK3 cannon, however, but at my shipyard and at the TTS shipyard, only the MK1 cannon can be installed. :o Someone can you tell me if I missed some content?
A bug, i will fix it in the next version.
WhiteDwarf wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 21:06
When I talk to the ROR MOD setup NPC I see there are missions Unknown Signal, Terran Trader & Faiths Revenge, when I choose any of them I get a box reading "Mission is not available yet"? I have +24 rep with TTC. How do I do these missions?
Not available yet means, that these missions are not in the mod atm, sorry.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 20:17

Hello,
I have battleships MK1 and MK3 turned on in the settings, the difficulty level is set to 'Normal'.
Unfortunately I cannot buy some battleships (e.g. Bayamon Mk1/MK3 from the Argon), which are red. What are the requirements for me to be able to buy them? Reputation is 30 for the Argon. In all factions, some of them are red.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 13. Dec 20, 08:27

Hello,
one more question.
Do the invasion ships spawn out of nowhere or are they really built in the shipyards?

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 12:43

I would like to see a basic list of the ships added by the mod. The screenshots, description-page and all videos I could dig up about the mod really lack a lot of information.
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 16. Dec 20, 16:49

Polofix wrote:
Fri, 11. Dec 20, 20:17
Hello,
I have battleships MK1 and MK3 turned on in the settings, the difficulty level is set to 'Normal'.
Unfortunately I cannot buy some battleships (e.g. Bayamon Mk1/MK3 from the Argon), which are red. What are the requirements for me to be able to buy them? Reputation is 30 for the Argon. In all factions, some of them are red.
There are some ships with "protector" in its name, these ships are for the AI only. It's not possibile to hide these ships for the player, sorry.
Polofix wrote:
Sun, 13. Dec 20, 08:27
Hello,
one more question.
Do the invasion ships spawn out of nowhere or are they really built in the shipyards?
The factions are building the ships, but if you increase difficulty or one of the MK addons at the faction npc, then the jobs spawn at the first time.
Cant do anything about it, this is a change egosoft did some patches ago.
RedEyedRaven wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 12:43
I would like to see a basic list of the ships added by the mod. The screenshots, description-page and all videos I could dig up about the mod really lack a lot of information.
At the TTC XL shipyard are all available ships listed.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 07:33

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 16. Dec 20, 16:49
Polofix wrote:
Hello,
one more question.
The factions are building the ships, but if you increase difficulty or one of the MK addons at the faction npc, then the jobs spawn at the first time.
First of all, thank you for the answers.

What I have not yet understood. Does that mean that the FIRST invasion consists of spawned ships and all further invasions of built ships ?
My point is not to have to fight spawned ships all the time.That would just be a job creation measure and I wouldn't be able to fight it in the long run.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 22:41

Polofix wrote:
Fri, 18. Dec 20, 07:33
sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 16. Dec 20, 16:49
Polofix wrote:
Hello,
one more question.
First of all, thank you for the answers.

What I have not yet understood. Does that mean that the FIRST invasion consists of spawned ships and all further invasions of built ships ?
My point is not to have to fight spawned ships all the time.That would just be a job creation measure and I wouldn't be able to fight it in the long run.
Every higher difficulty increase the max count of ships the Raiders can have.
If you increase the difficulty, then these additional ships spawn (first time only). If some of these ships get destroyed, then the Raiders build these at their shipyards.

sco1981
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.9 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Sun, 24. Jan 21, 14:59

Added new version.

Code: Select all

Adjusted stats of XL front weapons
Added new ship: Astraeus (Antigone XL ship)
Fixed EOS docking waypoints
Optimized faction relations of OSR and TTC
Added M defender wings to OSR
Fixed OSR scouts and TTC construction vessel
Added OSR flagship job for sector takeover/defend
Adjusted some OSR and TTC jobs
Changed Antigone flagship to Astraeus
Fixed an error of Omega marines in debug log
Reworked some scripts

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 14:07

Been using the new version the past few days, noticed a few errors and had one question.

First, having the issue were missions for TTC give negative rep.
Second, Protector ships are NPC only, correct?
Honestly I don't like the idea of arbitrarily unboardable ships, and wanted to to ask, how are they made so? Considering changing my local version, but honestly on the fence about it.
That being said I do think having them unbuyable is good. On those notes, I saw the Astraeus (Awesome looking btw, great job) protector is missing "noplayerblueprint" in wares.

However, the Lynx protector IS boardable.
Was just trolling the split, found two MK3 protectors that I could "harass" using the "Better piracy" mod, unboardables I found didn't have that option.
Went ahead using two Eureka Eights, and a number of freighters with marines, and managed to pull both off.
Kinda don't know what to do with them now, leaning towards selling them for an credit boost.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 16:45

Aranov wrote:
Tue, 26. Jan 21, 14:07
Been using the new version the past few days, noticed a few errors and had one question.

First, having the issue were missions for TTC give negative rep.
Second, Protector ships are NPC only, correct?
Honestly I don't like the idea of arbitrarily unboardable ships, and wanted to to ask, how are they made so? Considering changing my local version, but honestly on the fence about it.
That being said I do think having them unbuyable is good. On those notes, I saw the Astraeus (Awesome looking btw, great job) protector is missing "noplayerblueprint" in wares.

However, the Lynx protector IS boardable.
Was just trolling the split, found two MK3 protectors that I could "harass" using the "Better piracy" mod, unboardables I found didn't have that option.
Went ahead using two Eureka Eights, and a number of freighters with marines, and managed to pull both off.
Kinda don't know what to do with them now, leaning towards selling them for an credit boost.
Yeah, saw some reports of the negative reputation. But i cant find out where this come from, because these missions are generated of vanilla scripts and my mod dont touch any mission files. :?
Do you know what kind of mission result in the reputation hit and can you provide a savegame just before finishing the mission please?

In the past there were some peoples who want to get these protector ships. They arent buyable but boardable, 2 exceptions are the OSR flagships, these are impossible to capture.
You can look in the ships macro files, there should be <capture allow="0" /> for non boardable ships.

Thanks for pointing out the noplayerblueprint. I will add this to both wares.

GodAss

Post by GodAss » Mon, 1. Feb 21, 13:29

Hi, a question, i dont know why but when i board the xenon r9 it dont shoot at all, and sometimes i see "xenon hack detected", i've lost lots of assets trying to capture it, but now the turrets dont works, only main gun.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 20:30

GodAss wrote:
Mon, 1. Feb 21, 13:29
Hi, a question, i dont know why but when i board the xenon r9 it dont shoot at all, and sometimes i see "xenon hack detected", i've lost lots of assets trying to capture it, but now the turrets dont works, only main gun.
It seems there is a bug with Xenon and Khaak ships.
Saw some reports at the Xenon mod too, where you can fly Xenon ships.

Finally, the Galactica is in the mod. :D
Spoiler
Show

SolusVagus4544

Finding Faith Valentine......

Post by SolusVagus4544 » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 22:35

not sure if something is wrong but i have looked for this person to no avail...... all for directions i get are to undock.....

sco1981
x4

Re: Finding Faith Valentine......

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 08:10

SolusVagus4544 wrote:
Thu, 25. Feb 21, 22:35
not sure if something is wrong but i have looked for this person to no avail...... all for directions i get are to undock.....
Can you please write down more details?
Where are you, what are you trying to do? Do you have some screenshots or savegame?
Do you use other mods and if yes, which ones?

Are you docked at Omega station and want to talk to the mod npc? :?

cyberman999
xr

Post by cyberman999 » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 05:12

I've installed ror and deadairgateoverhaul and the compatability mod, but the compatibility mod isn't loading. On the extensions screen, deadairgateoverhaulror says required extension deadairgateoverhaul is missing despite the fact that it isn't missing and loads fine. I read the instructions on the first page of this thread, and modified ror's content.xml file. I tried disabling all other extensions but that didn't work either. I"ve tried various permutation of having some extensions in gamefolder/extensions and some in documents/egosoft/x4/extensions but that always leads to at least one extension not loading. I turned on the debug log, but I didn't see anything that indicated why deadairgateoverhaulror isn't loading. Any ideas?
Link to debug logfile https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjj5g30e3me5c ... g.txt?dl=0

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 06:01

cyberman999 wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 05:12
I've installed ror and deadairgateoverhaul and the compatability mod, but the compatibility mod isn't loading. On the extensions screen, deadairgateoverhaulror says required extension deadairgateoverhaul is missing despite the fact that it isn't missing and loads fine. I read the instructions on the first page of this thread, and modified ror's content.xml file. I tried disabling all other extensions but that didn't work either. I"ve tried various permutation of having some extensions in gamefolder/extensions and some in documents/egosoft/x4/extensions but that always leads to at least one extension not loading. I turned on the debug log, but I didn't see anything that indicated why deadairgateoverhaulror isn't loading. Any ideas?
The content.xml of the compatibility patch might be pointing to the ws/non ws id which would lead it to say missing. DAGO likely has issues since it is quite outdated at this point. I have some projects coming in the near future that will be much more compatible with other mods.

cyberman999
xr

Post by cyberman999 » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 06:31

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 06:01
cyberman999 wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 05:12
The content.xml of the compatibility patch might be pointing to the ws/non ws id which would lead it to say missing. DAGO likely has issues since it is quite outdated at this point. I have some projects coming in the near future that will be much more compatible with other mods.
ah ok, thx for replying.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”