[Mod] Aggressive AI 2.5 (2019.01.18) - Support Ended.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wiesel No1

Re: [Mod] Aggressive AI 2.5 (2019.01.18)

Post by Wiesel No1 » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 16:14

hello,

finally I bought an argon colossus attacker but somehow the AI seems not correctly working when my XL ship vs other XL ships battle.
Something similar happens when I flu to faulty logic 1 and wanted to attack/destroy the defense base.

1) XL vs XL: My turrets attack correct. But all opponent XL doesnt really use their weapons against me.
I scanned them and their command is attacking my colossus.
Strange think when I switch in my docked Gorgo destroyer than the AI changes to attack this ship and now using the turrets of the opponent XL.

2) When I am near to the defense station my ship does not really use the turrets. when drones are deployed the weapons attack. but when crushed they mostly stop.
When I now use Strg+D and let the AI take over my Colossus and give command attack the station the ship turrets start attacking. As ship positioning is bad I cant really use this.
I tried al modi for turrets.

does anybody has an idea what could be the challenge with 1) or 2)?

v2.5 is used, teste also without mod and lower than v2.5
game is at v1.5.

best regards
Eric
Last edited by Wiesel No1 on Mon, 21. Jan 19, 16:18, edited 2 times in total.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 16:15

Sirilius wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 09:33
Is this working with the 1.6 beta patch or are you waiting for the release first?
Waiting for release. Egosoft is making changes to the combat scripts which prevent my changes from taking effect and there is no reason to update mine since every change they make would break my scripts again.

reanor
x4

Re: [Mod] Aggressive AI 2.3 (2019.01.16)

Post by reanor » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 20:24

7ate9tin11s wrote:
Fri, 18. Jan 19, 16:53
reanor wrote:
Fri, 18. Jan 19, 15:35
Found a bug. With this mod in game, if I select multiple ships (didn't try with one) and give them command to Remove all orders, there is always one ship that is teleported to the very edge of the hexagon, expanding it to the max. So not just teleported to the edge, but expands the hexagon all the way it can be expanded.
There are no teleportation or jump commands in this mod that could possibly cause this behavior. Nor does it affect the remove all orders command or its effects in any way. What version are you running and what mods do you have enabled?
I forgot to mention that this bug was related to the Instant Docking optional module that is provided as an optional download for Aggressive AI mod. This optional module fixes the issue, where subordinate ships get stuck on docking/undocking capital ships, by teleporting them TO and FROM the landing pads. I've adjusted the time it takes for ships to teleport from the dock and it seems to have fixed the issue. It was MIN 1 second, I adjusted to MIN 3 seconds, so the command has a few more seconds to queue up, before executing.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 01:37

Also I've noticed that ships keep creating attack orders with list growing to some crazy several pages size...
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 03:21

reanor wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 01:37
Also I've noticed that ships keep creating attack orders with list growing to some crazy several pages size...
Huh, I just assumed that signals overrode the current orders like in x3...if they are not and just queuing then I need to find a way to cancel orders so battles are more dynamic

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 04:13

7ate9tin11s wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 03:21
reanor wrote:
Huh, I just assumed that signals overrode the current orders like in x3...if they are not and just queuing then I need to find a way to cancel orders so battles are more dynamic
Yeah, I had two capitals in Xenon sector, there was 3 Xenon Ks and one of the capitals kept switching between the three Xenon ships creating more and more Attack orders. Not sure why only one, the other my capital had 5 attack orders, but more were not queuing up on that one. I was switching external view between the ships when I noticed in the map that there are too many lines representing orders. I checked the ship orders and went :-o . I'll remove the Aggressive AI for now, will be trying the FOCW for a while.

shahman76
x4

Post by shahman76 » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 06:14

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but, OOS I tell my ships to destroy something, they do so quite efficiently. But when I'm joyriding in my Nemesis and ask it to attach a khaak or xenon ship, it just flies around the target really acrobatically, but none of its weapons or turrets are firing. Is there something i should have turned on? I checked the extensions folder and apart from the debug mods, everything is turned on. What do I need to do?

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 16:14

reanor wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 04:13
7ate9tin11s wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 03:21
reanor wrote:
Yeah, I had two capitals in Xenon sector, there was 3 Xenon Ks and one of the capitals kept switching between the three Xenon ships creating more and more Attack orders. Not sure why only one, the other my capital had 5 attack orders, but more were not queuing up on that one. I was switching external view between the ships when I noticed in the map that there are too many lines representing orders. I checked the ship orders and went :-o . I'll remove the Aggressive AI for now, will be trying the FOCW for a while.
Just wanted to verify quick that after removing Aggressive AI mod, then attack order queuing up issue stopped.

geneherr
x4

Post by geneherr » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 04:44

Is the AI actually more aggressive? It seems to be a misleading mod name

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 04:50

geneherr wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 04:44
Is the AI actually more aggressive? It seems to be a misleading mod name
Oh trust me it is, instead of fights turning into complete furballs ships that are under command in wings/fleets will focus fire to kill things. Piss off a station and it will send out it's drones to attack en-mass and said drones and any friendly ships towards the stations will hunt you to the ends of the sector, some even follow you if you leave the sector. There are a few instances where the AI acts funny but overall this mod makes the AI actually much better than what we got in vanilla.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 22:01

So all of my stumbling about has found a lot of information about the structure and design of the vanilla Egosoft AI, at this point I am finding that the core design of the combat AI itself does not meet my vision and needs. Therefore, I am going to cease updating this mod which tries to address and extend capabilities in the vanilla AI. This means that when 1.6 comes out the mod will no longer work due to Egosoft making heavy changes to their own AI scripts rendering any diff files invalid.

I have began a complete bottom up rewrite of the AI from the interrupt level on up to the attack orders and may release it at some point. For now though I hope Egosoft's AI updates in 1.6 are decent and make for a playable game.

If someone would like to take over updating and altering this script please PM me and I can assign control of the Nexus page over. If I do not hear back by the time 1.6 is released I will delete the Nexus page.

Thank you,

-7ate

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 00:53

7ate9tin11s wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 22:01
So all of my stumbling about has found a lot of information about the structure and design of the vanilla Egosoft AI, at this point I am finding that the core design of the combat AI itself does not meet my vision and needs. Therefore, I am going to cease updating this mod which tries to address and extend capabilities in the vanilla AI. This means that when 1.6 comes out the mod will no longer work due to Egosoft making heavy changes to their own AI scripts rendering any diff files invalid.

I have began a complete bottom up rewrite of the AI from the interrupt level on up to the attack orders and may release it at some point. For now though I hope Egosoft's AI updates in 1.6 are decent and make for a playable game.

If someone would like to take over updating and altering this script please PM me and I can assign control of the Nexus page over. If I do not hear back by the time 1.6 is released I will delete the Nexus page.

Thank you,

-7ate
this is for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLTVhnISHLU It's Been A Damn Good Ride i hope you will find something new to mod the game and ty for your amazing talent with the mod :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Warnoise

Re: [Mod] Aggressive AI 2.5 (2019.01.18) - Support Ending.

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 01:34

Thank you for your amazing work. Hopefully we see more of your brilliant mods in the future.

verdeboy2k
x4

Post by verdeboy2k » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 05:41

Thanks for this mod as it is! And I hope your rewrite goes well, this game needs something like the MARS mod from X3, and this is the closest I've seen to it. And I hope 1.6 does make the vanilla AI non-useless as your turret scripts are what makes the game playable for me. :D
Two things are certain: Death and Taxes. And I am not so sure about the former.

ajeffco
x4

Post by ajeffco » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 22:42

verdeboy2k wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 05:41
Thanks for this mod as it is! And I hope your rewrite goes well, this game needs something like the MARS mod from X3, and this is the closest I've seen to it. And I hope 1.6 does make the vanilla AI non-useless as your turret scripts are what makes the game playable for me. :D
MARS was such a great mod... Hope there's an equivalent in this game.

@7ate9tin11s, thanks for the time of making this mod.

shahman76
x4

Post by shahman76 » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 10:57

Your mod added a lot of life to my game and added an element of risk that I've never felt before in x4. Thanks for all your work! Enjoyed it and good luck to you. When next you do come out with something, I'll be there to support you and check it out! o7

Warnoise

Re: [Mod] Aggressive AI 2.5 (2019.01.18) - Support Ended.

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 14:03

how does this mod fare in 1.6?

lachisis

Post by lachisis » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 07:29

This is the first favorite mod of me since the release.
I'm still using this mod in v1.6 in spite of unestimated bugs.
I hope you will come back with other good mods.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 23:57

Can someone who uses this mod with 1.6 please tewll us if it works at least in some degree? As vanilla AI is so so bad.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 02:33

My destroyer turrets dont work anymore since 1.6...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”