[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.46

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 16:55

Eagle_Four wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 13:01
Hi,
a question, I can also disable the individual modules in the running save?
Disabling the war module isn't 'officially' supported but some people have reported that it was fine for them. Removing any of the others shouldn't cause issues.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 09:00

Hey I saw an poll for enhance X4 universe, it is in connection with your mod, it proposes to improve the economy as well as to create several company or corporation which make an economic war besides, I will also propose it to FOCW

THIS IS : X4: Foundations – Corporations Expansion

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=449602&p=5143872#p5143872

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 12:12

Is this mod compatible with galaxy overhaul mods? Or does it require sectors exactly as in Vanilla?

(I want to test how it affects economy and wars when used with X4RSGE)

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 23:56

Newinger wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 12:12
Is this mod compatible with galaxy overhaul mods? Or does it require sectors exactly as in Vanilla?

(I want to test how it affects economy and wars when used with X4RSGE)
It should be fine. A TC that didn't use the default races might get script errors in the log, but even then I'm pretty sure it would still work.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 17:23

Hi,

As this mod is split into four parts, do they indeed work independently? I mean, if I were to just want the Economy AI and Balance, would that be fine or do I need the base "Faction fix pack"?

I realised that I only have the two Economy Modules installed enabled in my current game, and wondered what the impact might be of that. Additionally, can I add the Faction Fix Pack to a game in progress?

I've been reviewing my mod list due to having an overly aggressive BUC faction in my game - I've had minimal dealings with them in the past - as well as excessive Piracy of my stations. While I've had excessive SCA Piracy in the past, and in vanilla games, where they constantly target my stations despite substantial defensive fleets - something others say prevents station piracy for them - I've not had this issue with BUC constantly spawning (literally hundreds of ships an hour) in the Morning Star IV sector, where I placed my first station prior to discovering the BUC Lost Property Office there. I've repeatedly destroyed this station - and other BUC properties here - yet they come back quickly and their ships constantly spawn in just outside scanner coverage. As you have notes in the change log about BUC spawning, I wondered if this was perhaps a related issue?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 18:52

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 17:23
As this mod is split into four parts, do they indeed work independently? I mean, if I were to just want the Economy AI and Balance, would that be fine or do I need the base "Faction fix pack"?
They won't break, but they'll probably be less effective. I make sure there are no errors when used independently, but I don't test gameplay that way.
Additionally, can I add the Faction Fix Pack to a game in progress?
Yes.
I've been reviewing my mod list due to having an overly aggressive BUC faction in my game - I've had minimal dealings with them in the past - as well as excessive Piracy of my stations. While I've had excessive SCA Piracy in the past, and in vanilla games, where they constantly target my stations despite substantial defensive fleets - something others say prevents station piracy for them - I've not had this issue with BUC constantly spawning (literally hundreds of ships an hour) in the Morning Star IV sector, where I placed my first station prior to discovering the BUC Lost Property Office there. I've repeatedly destroyed this station - and other BUC properties here - yet they come back quickly and their ships constantly spawn in just outside scanner coverage. As you have notes in the change log about BUC spawning, I wondered if this was perhaps a related issue?
The Lost Property Office was confusing my faction respawn behavior so I disabled it for BUC unless the player completes the story missions that make them a 'real' faction. But that stuff is in the war module that you said you are not using. So I don't think the mod is responsible for any issues you are seeing.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 19:19

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Thanks for clarifying. BUC spawn rates seem a little crazy, but clearly not related to your mod as I'm not using the relevant module as you state. While I'm pretty sure my excessive Station Piracy by SCA and BUC Pirates is a vanilla issue - I've certainly had it with SCA in a vanilla game - I'm just trying to sanity check things as other don't seem to share my experiences in this regard.

Game is otherwise running really well and seems nicely balanced. It's just the constant targetting of my Stations by Pirates that's the problem. I find myself constantly manually checking for disguised pirates every few minutes, when I don't - or even when I do - I'll often go to one of my stations to see it surrounded by many thousands of units of cargo, that depawns rapidly. One time, I lost 80% of the stock I'd built up over a couple of days in ONE Pirating event. I reloaded lol.

Anyway, that's off-topic for this thread, as it seems there is no chance of any connection. I cannot actually see any of the mods I use contributing to the Pirate behaviour I see, as I have seen it in vanilla too. The exception being BUC, never really had any encounters with them previously. I guess setting up in "their" sector - well, it's ARG, but they have their "Lost Property Office" there - is in part to blame for that.

dannyus

Post by dannyus » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 18:21

Hello,

I have a question - I plan to start a new heavily modded game with lot of wars and action going on. I think this mod would improve the exprience, but I am already using most of DeadAir mods (Gate, Ware, God, Jobs , Dynamic Wars+ KUDA). Will this work together, or are there any conflicts I should be expecting? Should I add dependencies to modify load order? I am also using VRO, but that should not interfere from what I gather.

Thanks!

Edit: to clarify - I did search the forums of both respective mods, but I could only find information about it working together that is year or more older. Considering there have been changes, I do not know if this is still correct, so thats why im asking :)

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 20:08

I don't think there will be explicit conflicts, but some of my changes that affects the jobs table (military fleet allocations, mostly) may not take effect. So I think the game will be functional, but whether it would provide a good experience I can't say.

dannyus

Post by dannyus » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 01:00

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 20:08
I don't think there will be explicit conflicts, but some of my changes that affects the jobs table (military fleet allocations, mostly) may not take effect. So I think the game will be functional, but whether it would provide a good experience I can't say.
Thanks for the info! So you think that the DeadAir Jobs and war module would not work properly together? Well, I already had one game with DeadAir mods, so I will probably use yours now to see how different approach feels :) Thanks for making the mod!

random_x4_player

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.48

Post by random_x4_player » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 14:29

In the Economy AI module, AI faction mining ships are set to avoid xenon sectors, which is great.

But Commonwealth vs HOP don't seem to avoid each other resulting in local economic depletion.

Some examples I have observed in a 6.0 fresh save with FE:
- HOP miners want to go to Nopileos Fortune
- HOP miners want to go to Second Contact sectors

I assume similar story with ARG vs ZYA in 11th hour and guiding star area.

Starting relations are listed in https://roguey.co.uk/x4/factions/ and maybe everyone with -20 should avoid each other

random_x4_player

Post by random_x4_player » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 19:03

I edited the lua script in econ ai module to include more war relations than just xenon: https://pastebin.com/rcEv3Fe0

The relations are from factions.xml with -20 or worse. I did not restrict piratey factions since I don't know how smugglers and cover works.

I left 3 todo-items:

- couldn't get the UI hiding to work
- there's no support if relations change in the middle of the game (is that even a thing?)
- I don't know how to test without owning all DLCs

random_x4_player

Post by random_x4_player » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:46

After playing a few hours and my usual gate scouts seeing only military clashes and station building attempts, I still saw HOP miners heading to Nopileos Fortune(assumed).

Looking them up in the savefile the ship has orders:

Code: Select all

<orders>
<order id="[0x84929d]" default="1" order="MiningRoutine">
<param name="warebasket" type="list" value="8418"/>
<param name="range" type="component" value="[0x1c1d807e]"/>
<param name="minbuy" type="integer"/>
<param name="maxbuy" type="integer" value="5"/>
<param name="minsell" type="integer"/>
<param name="maxsell" type="integer" value="5"/>
<param name="deepspace" type="integer"/>
<param name="resourcescout" type="integer"/>
<param name="duration" type="time"/>
<param name="endtime" type="time"/>
<param name="effectiveskill" type="integer" value="100"/>
<param name="preferownspace" type="integer"/>
<param name="debugchance" type="integer"/>
<param name="debugchance2" type="integer"/>
</order>
<order id="[0x201dfe]" order="MiningCollect" state="started" temp="1">
<param name="destination" type="list" value="62669"/>
<param name="ware" type="ware" value="ore"/>
<param name="secwares" type="list" value="62630"/>
<param name="internalorder" type="integer" value="1"/>
<param name="debugchance" type="integer"/>
<param name="time_started" type="time" value="9073.419"/>
<param name="debug_eco" type="integer"/>
</order>
</orders>
while still having correct looking blacklist:

<blacklists>
<blacklist type="sectortravel" ref="13"/>
</blacklists>
here's blacklist 13 for reference:

<blacklist id="13" owner="player" type="sectortravel" name="Internal NPC Blacklist holyorder">
<owner factions="xenon antigone argon ministry paranid scaleplate teladi fallensplit boron"/>
</blacklist>
I don't know how to turn the destination into a sector, but it's clearly going for ore. According to spoilery maps the main HOP sector should have double the desirability for ore, so maybe the miner is actually going for grand exchange...

I'll keep looking but clearly travel blacklists are not above AI just ignoring/overriding them when stubborn enough.

Phake

Post by Phake » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 14:51

Hello there, I plan to start a new game once VRO releases for 6.0. Usually I play with VRO + FCOW for buffed up Xenon.

This time I want to add FE mods, but the last time it made stations nearly indestructible OOS for enemy fleets which lead to stagnation. Which module does change station layout/adds more defensive weapons to the stations? Or is that not the case?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:06

I don't increase the number of turrets, just make the turret selection have more variety instead of vanilla's tendency to give the whole station a single type of turret.

The primary problem the Xenon had with stations in 5.X was due to all turrets getting stripped by the station, which I don't think happens like that in 6.0.

billw
xr

Post by billw » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 00:34

I lose 15-20% fps when I enable the War module, just toggling it off again gives it back so its not due to more ships, but I guess more event handlers and such like. The econ ones seem fine. Its a shame as it sounds awesome, but I go from 60 steady to 30-50 fluctuating with micro stuttering which is just too much of a hit (particularly the stuttering, it just ruins the game experience).

/edit I tried disabling all the aiscript changes and it gave me back all the fps. I am not sure if it breaks anything else in the mod or not though, but if its valid you might consider offering the AI and faction logic changes separately, as people can get the benefit of the improved faction behavior without the hit of the the AI changes then (I didn't even know it had AI changes I thought it was entirely faction logic).

Bababa

Post by Bababa » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 06:09

Is it possible to disable the destruction of satellites and nav beacons in the war module?

Currently there's no point in investing in satellites since they always get destroyed by some wondering s enemy ship right after deployment

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 06:34

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 12. Sep 22, 16:55
Eagle_Four wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 13:01
Hi,
a question, I can also disable the individual modules in the running save?
Disabling the war module isn't 'officially' supported but some people have reported that it was fine for them. Removing any of the others shouldn't cause issues.
I had the Catch-Up Module turned off for a few months now.
However, I have encountered the following problem.

Yesterday I wanted to change the hotkeys of a mod. Strangely enough, this did not work.
It appeared in the settings again and again the old hotkeys. At first I thought it was the mod, but also from other mods I added I could not change the hotkey settings.

After countless tests and step-by-step disabling of all mods, I was able to locate the culprit:

disabled catchup module.

It somehow prevents other mods from writing to the uidata.xml.
Turning on this module made sure that I could change the hotkeys of installed mods again.

I just wanted to mention it in case someone else has problems with setting new hotkeys of installed mods.

Phake

Post by Phake » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 11:47

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:06
I don't increase the number of turrets, just make the turret selection have more variety instead of vanilla's tendency to give the whole station a single type of turret.

The primary problem the Xenon had with stations in 5.X was due to all turrets getting stripped by the station, which I don't think happens like that in 6.0.
Don't they also build more stations in a cluster on gates as well? If so, is there a way to adjust that in your mod (for someone who has never done any moding)?

I really appreciate your mods and the effort you put in, just looking for a way to slightly tweak it.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 16:57

Phake wrote:
Mon, 24. Apr 23, 11:47
Don't they also build more stations in a cluster on gates as well? If so, is there a way to adjust that in your mod (for someone who has never done any moding)?
I don't think so. At one point I fixed a bug (which might not even exist anymore) that caused the invasion beachhead station to be far away from the invasion gate, but any additional stations still get placed mostly randomly.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”