[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MiFoludek
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.42

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43

Hello,
I meet strange bug after 7 days in game -> the game started to hang (I would say it looks like script enter endless loop). The game is heavily modded so I disable each mod one by one and going this way I have found out that War module is causing the issue.

Is there maybe known fix for it?
Can I be somehow more helpfull regerding this issue (logs/samegame etc.)?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:06

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:05
Any issues with the war module with the 5.0 beta?
It should be fine in beta 1, but there's no guarantee that will continue to be the case.
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43
Hello,
I meet strange bug after 7 days in game -> the game started to hang (I would say it looks like script enter endless loop). The game is heavily modded so I disable each mod one by one and going this way I have found out that War module is causing the issue.

Well, posting them up somewhere can't hurt. But to be honest, the odds of finding the issue are not good. The game does not expose tools for modders to find performance problems, so unless it happens in a simpler case it can be very hard to track down.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:06
Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:05
Any issues with the war module with the 5.0 beta?
It should be fine in beta 1, but there's no guarantee that will continue to be the case.
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43
Hello,

Well, posting them up somewhere can't hurt. But to be honest, the odds of finding the issue are not good. The game does not expose tools for modders to find performance problems, so unless it happens in a simpler case it can be very hard to track down.
One thing come to my mind: maybe it is somehow a overflow issue, my game has >40 (30?) additional sectors and xenon have taken more than half of the galaxy.
It is the biggest faction with following stats:
XL:260 M:358 S:3177 Miners: 448

Maybe this one is somehow more useful?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:01

MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39
One thing come to my mind: maybe it is somehow a overflow issue, my game has >40 (30?) additional sectors and xenon have taken more than half of the galaxy.

Wow that is a lot of small ships but I don't think it would be an overflow. If you can run a debug, I wouldn't mind helping to look into the log. Here are the params I run for debugging

Code: Select all

-noabout -skipintro -scriptlogfiles -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 19:20

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:01
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39

Wow that is a lot of small ships but I don't think it would be an overflow. If you can run a debug, I wouldn't mind helping to look into the log. Here are the params I run for debugging

Code: Select all

-noabout -skipintro -scriptlogfiles -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R90CZn ... sp=sharing
I hope it will help :)

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 22:46

Ok, it seems restarting the mod fix the issue:
1. disable mod
2. load game
3. save game
4. enable mod
5. load game

Mod probably have lost some data but it seems it is working again.
I wonder how long it will work before next crash :).

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.43

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 14. Mar 22, 19:12

Is upade incoming for 5.0 + DLC release?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 14. Mar 22, 19:17

It happened a while ago. There are a couple harmless log errors that will show up that I'll address later, but there are no functionality issues that I'm aware of.

Of course, I don't get prerelease access to the expansion, so if there is an issue related to that there's no way I can plan for it.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 14. Mar 22, 19:31

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 14. Mar 22, 19:17
It happened a while ago. There are a couple harmless log errors that will show up that I'll address later, but there are no functionality issues that I'm aware of.

Of course, I don't get prerelease access to the expansion, so if there is an issue related to that there's no way I can plan for it.
Understood, thank you!

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 00:44

Hey Mysterial. I just found a very strange bug with Economy AI module. With the module enabled my game partially resets graphics settings - screen resolution, anti-alising and FSR - and aslo map filters. I know it sounds weird, but I've been experiencing the issue since the release of 5.0 untill half an hour ago I decided to check if one of the mods been causing it. So I disabled all of them then starting enabling them back one by one untill I found it was to do with economy AI module. Also on some restarts it's causing weird graphical glitches in main menu (flickering of textures). :gruebel:

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 16:10

Hi, has there been much testing with the expansion out? I'm having a strange issue that I think relates to something in this mod.

In short, after a few hours of playing with this mod enabled, Factions are attacking each other in cold blood.
EX, Argon vs. Teladi, Teladi vs. Godrealm, even Teladi vs. the Ministry.

I removed this mod and few others to test, and everything seemed normal a few hours into a new game start.
After adding this mod back in, I've seen Argon ships attack the Godrealm ships in Argon Prime.

My guess, is that somehow the war ai is responding to friendly fire incidents, starting more friendly fire incidents. But that's just my guess.
Looked at my list, this is the only mod effecting factions, so idk whats going on.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 18:45

I haven't heard of that being reported by anyone else and haven't seen it myself. It is true that the mod removes a couple places where Egosoft had put in failsafes against this because it was interfering with some intended attack cases, so I suppose if some other bug (vanilla or otherwise) caused incorrect attacks this mod would make it worse.

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.44

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 09:42

I can confirm the above report. Just witnesed all-out ANT vs TER fighting in Getsu Fune by the gate to Asteroid Belt. That's with new save (40 minutes, haven't touched the the terran plot that leads to war)

Also my earlier report of weird Economy AI bug is still relevant after latest update. (It causes some of the graphical options to reset after restarting the game with the module On.)

Entissus
x4

Post by Entissus » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 23:37

So I am still trying to sort this down specifically but is anyone else seeing Terran Protectorate mining ships huddling up in systems and just mass ejecting ice? Talking hundreds of ice just.. randomly being ejected in a massive pile. Bolos and Hokkaidos. I did take a screen shot of it this time though... Mind you - I've seen this in Saturn 2, Asteroid Belt and now Oort Cloud.

I think this is happening because the Terran economy doesn't use ice.. and this wasn't happening pre-ToA. For a little while I was running 5.0 without the DLC due to VRO and this also wasn't happening then. The ONLY other mods I have that effect AI or the economy in any way are DeadAir Fill and Ware but these effect stations rather than ships

Example:
Oort Cloud - 1h, 37m into the game [Segaris Start]
https://imgur.com/a/3CF0BOx

Same spot, 2 minutes later
https://imgur.com/a/EetUEqv

Same spot. ~30 minutes later
https://imgur.com/a/sYvqMqT

(I tried to load a save in Saturn 2 showing a pile about x3 this size but that save is unloadable following Hot Fix 3)

Ok - Now to make it weirder.. I have now seen Antigone, Teladi, Argon, and HOP doing the same thing..
If you keep rushing yourself eventually you'll regret becoming a prisoner to your past decisions

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 02:46

Is this mod meant to make the Xenon much, much, much more powerful? And if so, which module would be having most effect on that? Although it might be a mod interaction or something - I have VRO & XR Shippack (VRO version) as well - but they're absolutely overrunning half the galaxy in my latest game.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 16:47

im using this whole mod in 5.1 rc1 now, anything not working? Im not seeing anything wrong
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Valhalla_Awaits
x4

Post by Valhalla_Awaits » Sun, 24. Apr 22, 04:25

Baldamundo wrote:
Sun, 3. Apr 22, 02:46
Is this mod meant to make the Xenon much, much, much more powerful? And if so, which module would be having most effect on that? Although it might be a mod interaction or something - I have VRO & XR Shippack (VRO version) as well - but they're absolutely overrunning half the galaxy in my latest game.
It's a combination of the two mods your using thats causing it. I tried to use the same ones myself, xenon wiped out everything eventually. VRO makes the xenon ships far more powerful, the xenon fighters get better weapons, the corvettes get better weapons and fighter-killer missiles + an extra turret. Their capitals get 2-3x the turret coverage and can OBLITERATE fighters and corvettes with the new... well... xenon obliterator beam turrets. The I class battleship can now kill entire defense stations all by itself. And then of course the xenon get a new U-class mothership with super weapon after 60h of playtime. This makes the xenon potentially quite a threat by itself with just VRO, but the factions have stronger militaries as well to help hold them back.

The issue is when you combine VRO with a mod that either makes the xenon even more powerful, or weakens the other npc factions. This mod actually does both at once. The xenon get a functional economy from the start as they no longer suicide all their mining ships trying to mine asteroids in argon prime with 200 warships barreling down on them instead of mining in xenon sectors. So the xenon come out swinging HARD. To add to this, mods like this which cause large scale wars between factions instead of minor skirmishes like in vanilla, this can cause the factions to cripple their economies early on which causes a snowball effect with the xenon who only get stronger and have the most powerful economy in the game.

I know VRO and Faction Enchancer used to work together perfectly, in fact VRO required it to work, but it seems they no longer really play nice with each other. They still "CAN" be used together, but its like play the game on "HELL" difficulty, as only the player can keep the xenon at bay.

PS: I also had the same problem with the Dynamic Wars mod, which was even worse as it didn't fix the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE that is the vanilla economy for everyone except the xenon and the terrans.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 24. Apr 22, 13:55

Valhalla_Awaits wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 04:25
Baldamundo wrote:
It's a combination of the two mods your using thats causing it. I tried to use the same ones myself, xenon wiped out everything eventually. VRO makes the xenon ships far more powerful, the xenon fighters get better weapons, the corvettes get better weapons and fighter-killer missiles + an extra turret. Their capitals get 2-3x the turret coverage and can OBLITERATE fighters and corvettes with the new... well... xenon obliterator beam turrets. The I class battleship can now kill entire defense stations all by itself. And then of course the xenon get a new U-class mothership with super weapon after 60h of playtime. This makes the xenon potentially quite a threat by itself with just VRO, but the factions have stronger militaries as well to help hold them back.

The issue is when you combine VRO with a mod that either makes the xenon even more powerful, or weakens the other npc factions. This mod actually does both at once. The xenon get a functional economy from the start as they no longer suicide all their mining ships trying to mine asteroids in argon prime with 200 warships barreling down on them instead of mining in xenon sectors. So the xenon come out swinging HARD. To add to this, mods like this which cause large scale wars between factions instead of minor skirmishes like in vanilla, this can cause the factions to cripple their economies early on which causes a snowball effect with the xenon who only get stronger and have the most powerful economy in the game.

I know VRO and Faction Enchancer used to work together perfectly, in fact VRO required it to work, but it seems they no longer really play nice with each other. They still "CAN" be used together, but its like play the game on "HELL" difficulty, as only the player can keep the xenon at bay.

PS: I also had the same problem with the Dynamic Wars mod, which was even worse as it didn't fix the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE that is the vanilla economy for everyone except the xenon and the terrans.
Dynamic wars isn't an economy mod. It is part of my mod collection that when used together makes the game much much better.

Valhalla_Awaits
x4

Post by Valhalla_Awaits » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 03:50

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 13:55
Valhalla_Awaits wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 04:25
Baldamundo wrote:

Dynamic wars isn't an economy mod. It is part of my mod collection that when used together makes the game much much better.
You misunderstand, I'm not claiming dynamic wars is an economy mod itself, but rather that it's function cripples the npcs economies through all out war in the early game. It does slowly rectify this later on after all the empire's economies completely collapse. (except terrans with their fortress location and invincible economy.) Within 8-10 hours of a new game using dynamic wars no faction except terrans and xenon have any military capitals left, and half their economic ships have been turned to dust. Now like I said it does SLOWLY bounce back, since no faction has any military left to harass traders they start to rebuild and wars end since they are all crippled. Issue is... The xenon don't sit idlely by while every faction is defenseless and easily capture any sector they please with ease without player intervention.

It's a GREAT mod, I've used it a lot. But it REQUIRES other mods to make it work, (Which you do state above, however the mod does NOT say this, and says it's stand alone. You may want to add this info to your postings of that mod.) mostly ones that vastly strengthen the "starting" economy of every empire as well. In a vanilla economy your just shooting yourself in the foot and handing the xenon the keys to the galaxy.

PS: I did want to thank you for making that mod and several others of your mods I've made heavy use of in the past. Your mods economy mod also do offer an interesting alternative to faction enhancer's requirement for a god-tier pc. As yours are much more fps friendly in my testing.

Orioniys
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.45

Post by Orioniys » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 13:36

Played couple of game with this mods, for the most part it's great but at some point the holding of Xenon assaults all over the galaxy started being a missive chore. Would be nice if normal factions were able to hold Xenon on their own a bit more. The main problem is Xenon being not that interesting of a threat, they just lack variety and complexity in station, ships, economy etc. And for the most part the game narrows down to destroying the same Xenon stations and building ur own defense stations to contain them.
I've noticed that Warmodule adds more range to Xenon L turrets and more dps to M turrets. Which might've been fine if regular faction destroyers in hands of AI were on pair with Xenon K. Usually one single I is enough to completely devastate the sector. Do AI actually uses "good" loadouts for capital ships to combat that?

Also suggestion for Vig syndicate being a possible performance drain, is to reduce the maximum amount of fighters they field and increase percentage of heavy fighters to compensate? As most of this fighter spam is consist of Kyd's.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”