[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

user1679

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.48

Post by user1679 » Tue, 9. May 23, 17:51

Bozz11 wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 13:31
This mod causes massive performance issues for me, I have 130 FPS without this mod and I get down to 30 FPS with this mod, no idea why... Disabling the mod brings me back to 130 FPS.
Even only enabling this mod dropps my FPS immediatly.
Same, I've been testing mods one at a time to see which ones I can get rid of and with no mods I get around 98 fps at stations, when I activate this series of mods I'm around 40 fps. Haven't figured yet which part is the culprit.

jkelley2
x4

Post by jkelley2 » Wed, 10. May 23, 19:50

user1679 wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 17:51
Bozz11 wrote:
This mod causes massive performance issues for me, I have 130 FPS without this mod and I get down to 30 FPS with this mod, no idea why... Disabling the mod brings me back to 130 FPS.
Same, I've been testing mods one at a time to see which ones I can get rid of and with no mods I get around 98 fps at stations, when I activate this series of mods I'm around 40 fps. Haven't figured yet which part is the culprit.
If you scroll back up a bit you will see posted something and doing that restored my fps back to 50-130 sector dependent it’s 2 specific files in the war module that are causing massive fps drops … I was getting 20-40 fps I deleted those 2 files and I’m back up to 50-130 depending on what sector I’m in

dheltpdl3
x3ap

Post by dheltpdl3 » Tue, 16. May 23, 11:27

jkelley2 wrote:
Sat, 6. May 23, 09:57
Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 3. May 23, 15:49
I am aware a couple people have said that. But I can't reproduce, there is basically always someone saying the performance is worse (every official beta version gets those reports in the beta forum too) and the game doesn't provide any way to analyze performance. So unless one of the affected wants to binary search the files for the problem area or it starts happening to me and becomes fruitful for me to do so, there's little I can do about it.
just a touch of info ... something in the order.restock.subordinates.recurse and order.restock.subordinates is whats drastically dropping fps ive found ... without those 2 specific scripts i gain like 30fps back
@Mysterial, Your FE mods are great and made my game much more fun, but sadly FPS became increasingly low, so I deleted the mods after 100 hours (and started a new save).
Could you tell me what these two scripts are and whether it is safe to delete those scripts and keep playing?
I would love to start new playthrough with your mods, abandoning my current save, if only the FE mods cause less lag.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 17. May 23, 03:05

jkelley2 wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 19:50
user1679 wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 17:51
Bozz11 wrote:
If you scroll back up a bit you will see posted something and doing that restored my fps back to 50-130 sector dependent it’s 2 specific files in the war module that are causing massive fps drops … I was getting 20-40 fps I deleted those 2 files and I’m back up to 50-130 depending on what sector I’m in
Thank you, that helped. I gained back about 20 fps.

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Thu, 18. May 23, 01:43

jkelley2 wrote:
Mysterial wrote:
I am aware a couple people have said that. But I can't reproduce, there is basically always someone saying the performance is worse (every official beta version gets those reports in the beta forum too) and the game doesn't provide any way to analyze performance. So unless one of the affected wants to binary search the files for the problem area or it starts happening to me and becomes fruitful for me to do so, there's little I can do about it.
just a touch of info ... something in the order.restock.subordinates.recurse and order.restock.subordinates is whats drastically dropping fps ive found ... without those 2 specific scripts i gain like 30fps back
Just as another data point, I removed these two from the cat/dat and am seeing improved FPS, too. How did you identify it was these files?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 18. May 23, 03:54

Thanks all, I believe I have found the problem and I'm working on a fix.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 20. May 23, 01:44

Hi,

I just ran into an unusual scenario, and I'm wondering if it's linked to this mod, considering how it changes things...

Basically, in my game, the Xenon were attempting to invade Family Kritt. They'd started building a Defence Platform near the North Gate, defended by multiple Capital ships, including TWO Xenon I's. Quite the fleet. While the Capital ships were basically remaining put, near the station, constant streams of Fighters and Corvettes were flooding into the system. Fending them off were Four Battleships (I also use VRO, Ship Variety Expansion and XR Ship pack - minus the jobs file) and some conveniently-placed ZYA Stations.

I have an Advanced Satellite placed, so I can observe the Xenon fleet and station. I'm currently in-sector myself, riding on one of the Battleships.

Suddenly, out of the blue, the Xenon Defence Platform VANISHED as did all of the Capital ships. Platform didn't appear to be being deconstructed, had one module complete and one module in progress, but suddenly it was gone. I get that the Xenon Fleet was likely close enough to the gate to "jump" away quickly, but this is still really odd behaviour.

Now, myself and local ZYA forces were successfully keeping the Xenon at bay. However, none of those destroyers (or the I's) had moved to attack - they would have given us a hard time if they did, 50/50 whether I'd be able to hold them off if they all attacked at once. So, it looked like the Xenon chose to retreat, but what would cause this? They had a VERY strong foothold in the system. A Defence Platform building that I really couldn't get near, due to the Capital Ships (including two I's, yikes) and had streams of S and M-Class ships heading into the system and engaging my forces, as well as the Split station and various split ships.

I was impressed how the Xenon chose to advance, actively protecting the build site of their Defence Platform. Them vanishing like this however is quite puzzling. Any ideas?

jkelley2
x4

Post by jkelley2 » Sat, 20. May 23, 23:40

Cedric_FP wrote:
Thu, 18. May 23, 01:43
jkelley2 wrote:
Mysterial wrote:
Just as another data point, I removed these two from the cat/dat and am seeing improved FPS, too. How did you identify it was these files?
i noticed some errors in the debug log and also noticed a TON like i mean HUNDREDS of Vigor Syndicate ships stuck at their Wharf with restock/resupply orders

dheltpdl3
x3ap

Post by dheltpdl3 » Sun, 21. May 23, 01:47

@Mysterial, so I heard that the war module respawn any factions with a wharf and shipyard if the factions are completely wiped, and that FactionLogic_Rebuild.xml in the dat file is the culprit.
Can you consider making that optional? If not, then I wonder is it safe for my save to just delete that one xml file and continue using your mod.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 21. May 23, 16:00

dheltpdl3 wrote:
Sun, 21. May 23, 01:47
@Mysterial, so I heard that the war module respawn any factions with a wharf and shipyard if the factions are completely wiped, and that FactionLogic_Rebuild.xml in the dat file is the culprit.
Can you consider making that optional? If not, then I wonder is it safe for my save to just delete that one xml file and continue using your mod.
I have the problem that I finally had the Xenon in check. So I could take care of other things without having to constantly fight against a massive superiority of Is. The Xenon shipyards were destroyed and I made sure that no new ones were built. Suddenly within an hour there were fully built Xenon shipyards, 50 M-ships, 5 XL-ships and over 200 S-ships of the Xenon. Also, a sector was taken over by the xenon. I lost a few ships. I only noticed this by accident.

It looks like everything was spawned out of nowhere. @Mysterial, can you please change this behavior or at least make it switchable? It is somehow no fun when the Xenon spawn so large fleets and stations out of nowhere. Also the Xenon should build up their stations first, before they produce ships.

It would help me if I knew in which script the parameters are defined, in order to defuse the whole thing a bit and of course what i would have to change so that the stations don't spawn again or that the spawning after a short time doesn't lead to such a big overpower.. Here less is more.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 21. May 23, 17:04

dheltpdl3 wrote:
Sun, 21. May 23, 01:47
The file is self-contained and you can remove it safely.

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.49

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 21. May 23, 17:04

The issue with NPC ships rebuilding subordinates should be fixed now.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 21. May 23, 20:06

i can't believe it. i have about 20-30 fps more with the new patch. even on the map, instead of 20-25 fps, i now have 40 and more. And I thought the whole time, the weak performance would be due to the many ships and stations that I have built in the meantime.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 21. May 23, 21:57

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Now just need a "time" patch for RL so I can actually play lol.

Edit: Finally got a moment to at least test the update, such an improvement to FPS. I was getting low 40's when I saved, now getting a (limited) 60fps with a bit of a fight going on, plus I still get 60 on the map. Good stuff.

dheltpdl3
x3ap

Post by dheltpdl3 » Tue, 23. May 23, 15:31

@Mysterial, thank you so much for your continuing dedication for these mods.
I have more questions, of which hopefully you don't mind.
1. I heard this mod makes satellites targetable by NPCs. Can you tell me what file to either modify or delete in CAT file to undo that change, if possible?
2. I heard this mod buff xenon weapon and such. I suspect the files in assets\fx\weaponFx and assets\props\Engines could be the culprit.
Is it possible to undo that change by deleting those files, or should I delete another files?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 25. May 23, 17:04

dheltpdl3 wrote:
Tue, 23. May 23, 15:31
1. I heard this mod makes satellites targetable by NPCs. Can you tell me what file to either modify or delete in CAT file to undo that change, if possible?
lib.target.selection.xml, but not the whole file, just the first block.
2. I heard this mod buff xenon weapon and such. I suspect the files in assets\fx\weaponFx and assets\props\Engines could be the culprit.
Is it possible to undo that change by deleting those files, or should I delete another files?
It doesn't really buff the Xenon much. It moves some damage from the L turret to the M turret and slightly increases the range of the L turret to prevent some OOS combat issues. That's it.
The engine changes are to increase the pitch angle allowed for all capital ships to improve capital ship movement. If anything it's a nerf to the Xenon because ships with main cannons have a somewhat easier time getting in position to use them.

dheltpdl3
x3ap

Post by dheltpdl3 » Sat, 27. May 23, 01:56

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 17:04
dheltpdl3 wrote:
lib.target.selection.xml, but not the whole file, just the first block.
Thanks for the reply.
I want to ask you to clarify, if you have time, as I am completely noob about xml stuff. I'm afraid that googling did not help me much.

So I opened that file with Notepad ++, and this is what I look:
Spoiler
Show
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<add sel="//attention/actions/do_if[@value='not $targetclasses.count']" pos="after">
<do_if value="$targetclasses.indexof.{class.ship} gt 0 and $targetclasses.indexof.{class.satellite} == 0">
<append_to_list name="$targetclasses" exact="class.satellite"/>
</do_if>
</add>
<replace sel="//do_if[@value='not $pursuetargets and ($refobject.sector != $targets.{$i}.sector)']/@value">not $pursuetargets and (this.sector != $targets.{$i}.sector) and ($targets.{$i} != $primarytarget or (not $targets.{$i}.isclass.station and not $targets.{$i}.station))</replace>
<replace sel="//do_if[@value='not $pursuetargets and $pursuedistance and ($distance gt $pursuedistance)']/@value">not $pursuetargets and $pursuedistance and ($distance gt $pursuedistance) and ($targets.{$i} != $primarytarget or (not $targets.{$i}.isclass.station and not $targets.{$i}.station))</replace>
<replace sel="//do_else/do_if[@value='$component']/@value">$component.exists and $component.canbeattacked</replace>
</diff>
and I think the first block you mentioned would be this part, is this corrrect?
Spoiler
Show
<add sel="//attention/actions/do_if[@value='not $targetclasses.count']" pos="after">
<do_if value="$targetclasses.indexof.{class.ship} gt 0 and $targetclasses.indexof.{class.satellite} == 0">
<append_to_list name="$targetclasses" exact="class.satellite"/>
</do_if>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 17:04
dheltpdl3 wrote:
It doesn't really buff the Xenon much. It moves some damage from the L turret to the M turret and slightly increases the range of the L turret to prevent some OOS combat issues. That's it.
The engine changes are to increase the pitch angle allowed for all capital ships to improve capital ship movement. If anything it's a nerf to the Xenon because ships with main cannons have a somewhat easier time getting in position to use them.
Thanks for your explanation.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 27. May 23, 16:55

dheltpdl3 wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 01:56
and I think the first block you mentioned would be this part, is this corrrect?
Yes.

Tankqull

Post by Tankqull » Tue, 30. May 23, 00:32

I´m having severe issues keeping the Xenos in check with your mod(s). Using DeadAir´s Warmod for some intel the Xenos bring as much troops to the field as nearly all factions but the Terrans combined :D

https://i.imgur.com/QgnE4eV.jpg

The main issue though is the sheer amount of I´s 30-50% of those 180 XL-ships. In combination with expeditions/invasions they screw the other factions quite effectively.
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 30. May 23, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Eagle_Four
x3

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.46

Post by Eagle_Four » Tue, 30. May 23, 12:07

Eagle_Four wrote:
Mon, 24. Apr 23, 06:34
Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 12. Sep 22, 16:55
Eagle_Four wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 13:01
Hi,
a question, I can also disable the individual modules in the running save?
Disabling the war module isn't 'officially' supported but some people have reported that it was fine for them. Removing any of the others shouldn't cause issues.
I had the Catch-Up Module turned off for a few months now.
However, I have encountered the following problem.

Yesterday I wanted to change the hotkeys of a mod. Strangely enough, this did not work.
It appeared in the settings again and again the old hotkeys. At first I thought it was the mod, but also from other mods I added I could not change the hotkey settings.

After countless tests and step-by-step disabling of all mods, I was able to locate the culprit:

disabled catchup module.

It somehow prevents other mods from writing to the uidata.xml.
Turning on this module made sure that I could change the hotkeys of installed mods again.

I just wanted to mention it in case someone else has problems with setting new hotkeys of installed mods.

@Tankqull

had the same problem at that time and then turned off the Catch-UP module, that also worked well and prevented the masses of I's spawned.
However, much later I noticed the problem with the hotkeys.
You would have to destroy the already spawned I's otherwise they destroy everything. I have used the mod cheat menu, goes fastest.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”