[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.3

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 20:41

Kyez wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 03:20
Think I narrowed it down a bit. I started a new game and the same incident occurred in Gastu Fune but I noticed in all the events that the Antigone attacked the construction vessel that spawns by the solborn station first in all the incidents and any more fighting stems from that. I used deadairs mods to see faction relations as well and the Terran and Antigone are at -10 which I assume isn't low enough for war so the issue likely has something to do with that construction vessel or maybe the station itself but that's all I've managed to figure out so far.
Not sure on this particular instance, but I've noticed some irregularities with relations causing escalating fighting. It usually stems from a police ship but I haven't been able to track it down reliably.

Kyez
x4

Post by Kyez » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 10:22

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 20:41
Kyez wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 03:20
Think I narrowed it down a bit. I started a new game and the same incident occurred in Gastu Fune but I noticed in all the events that the Antigone attacked the construction vessel that spawns by the solborn station first in all the incidents and any more fighting stems from that. I used deadairs mods to see faction relations as well and the Terran and Antigone are at -10 which I assume isn't low enough for war so the issue likely has something to do with that construction vessel or maybe the station itself but that's all I've managed to figure out so far.
Not sure on this particular instance, but I've noticed some irregularities with relations causing escalating fighting. It usually stems from a police ship but I haven't been able to track it down reliably.
For me it seems to be something with the war module making the Antigone fleet in the system attack the solborn station. to test it out I saved once I entered the system, turned off the mod and loaded the save and the fleet still comes to the station but isn't hostile to it. I saved after they showed up activated the war mod loaded it up and the same Antigone fleet started to attack the station so for my its definitely something with the Antigone ships in Gastu fune becoming hostile to the station. As far as I can tell I'm the only one with this specific issue but its easy to move past since it seems to be a one time thing.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 13:52

is FE compatible with 4.10 beta?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 14:59

No. I'll make the necessary adjustments soon.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 15:11

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 29. Jun 21, 14:59
thx!

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 16:29

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 29. Jun 21, 14:59
im wondering, did you have a chance to look into faction AI changes? something different now? something fixed?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 16:49

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 29. Jun 21, 16:29
im wondering, did you have a chance to look into faction AI changes? something different now? something fixed?
They implemented a version of a couple more things that I was doing. Otherwise the incompatibilities are just the usual shuffling around of code. When they're editing old code they tend to update it to the latest script features (do_for_each, etc) and that often breaks diffs. I've been slow partly because I have too many other things to do and partly because the beta isn't really stable yet anyway.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 20:04

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 29. Jun 21, 16:49
Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 29. Jun 21, 16:29
They implemented a version of a couple more things that I was doing. Otherwise the incompatibilities are just the usual shuffling around of code. When they're editing old code they tend to update it to the latest script features (do_for_each, etc) and that often breaks diffs. I've been slow partly because I have too many other things to do and partly because the beta isn't really stable yet anyway.
nice, thanks, any word on what those other couple things are? thinking if it can break changes i planned to make my new map work, but my understating of this is still quite insufficient.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 30. Jun 21, 21:36

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 29. Jun 21, 20:04
nice, thanks, any word on what those other couple things are? thinking if it can break changes i planned to make my new map work, but my understating of this is still quite insufficient.
Economy AI related.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 22:12

I know a potential fix for the Terran/Pioneer wharfs having their energy cell prices stuck at 10cr was added to this mod a few versions ago, but are there any known details to this bug? Mine continue to be stuck that way since CoH released, including in a new game I just started. Google shows so few results for it, I assume it isn't a vanilla bug...or the playerbase pays very little attention.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 09:43

that bug is fixed in 4.1
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 02:46

Hi there!

Love the mod so far, it has really brought a lot of spice to my universe. Also, war is good for business.

I have noticed some odd behavior that has started happening that I've never noticed before, but I'm not sure if it's this mod or the civilian mimicry extension which I also recently reactivated, or if this is normal behavior and I've never noticed.

I just had a courier ship get destroyed by an ANT station for apparently no reason. The station was under heavy attack from HOP so I spent a while trying to figure out why it had gone hostile to me but I couldn't and was about to just accept the lost ship as some OOS friendly fire incident (which shouldn't be possible). Then I noticed another ship on approach to the station (an autotrader), but in fact it was going after a crate which the station had dropped due to the ongoing attack.. the freighter had spotted some medical supplies which it just had to have. No doubt this is probably what happened to the courier, it picked up a drop belonging to the station and got marked as a pirate.

I tried deleting the order for this other freighter but no matter what, he always locks back on to the crate immediately and there's nothing in global orders which pertains to this, only contraband! So as it stands, with all the war now going on, all of my ships will continually find a crate somewhere and then be destroyed by the parent station.

Does this mod affect this kind of behavior? I've noticed it makes ships a bit more proactive in other areas.\

Edit: Sorry, I should have just tried this before posting, but after disabling the Econ portion of the mod the issue is gone, so whatever command is present to instruct ships to keep an eye out for crates should probably be removed if there's no option to calibrate it. My empire is so big I don't need to worry about 38 slightly-singed medical supplies :)

I'll leave it switched off for now, but I look forward to an update as this is an essential mod.

Edit 2: One other thing I've noticed as well, ships carrying mines and laser towers seem to begin dropping all of them when they flee, regardless of the method. Even if you tell them to stop fleeing, give them a different order, or if they destroy the target, as they're flying off they will continue to drop this long line of towers/mines. Most of my ships are equipped with these so I'm starting to see these lines of deployables appearing. I'm assuming this is also behavior introduced by the war mod?
Rawr.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 17:36

The picking up owned crates issue is a bug that will be fixed in the next version.

Player ships being able to drop lasertowers/mines when fleeing as NPC ships do is an intended change. Otherwise there's no point in equipping your NPCs with them.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 18:11

Mysterial wrote:
Fri, 9. Jul 21, 17:36
The picking up owned crates issue is a bug that will be fixed in the next version.

Player ships being able to drop lasertowers/mines when fleeing as NPC ships do is an intended change. Otherwise there's no point in equipping your NPCs with them.
Thanks that's good news about the crates!

It is a cool addition having them drop laser towers as a default option, I think it was only for method 5 in vanilla? I suppose there's no way to limit how many get dropped, or have them cease deployment when flee gets cancelled?
Rawr.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 21:12

It is literally just enabling what the NPCs do. I haven't put any specific work into trying to make it better. The deployment is in the flee script, but the script tends to be retriggered every time the ship takes more damage, which is why cancelling the order rarely works.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 23:51

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation.
Rawr.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 06:28

Updated for compatibility with the beta. Will also still work with 4.0, but fixes will only apply to 4.1.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 08:41

Does this also make interdiction probes turn ships hostile if affected by them? I just noticed this happen and I haven't seen it before.
Rawr.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 16:04

Interdiction probes?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 16:11

Khaak_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 13. Jul 21, 08:41
Does this also make interdiction probes turn ships hostile if affected by them? I just noticed this happen and I haven't seen it before.
those are not vanilla, you better ask the author of the mod that adds them

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”