[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.44

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 16:47

im using this whole mod in 5.1 rc1 now, anything not working? Im not seeing anything wrong
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Valhalla_Awaits
x4

Post by Valhalla_Awaits » Sun, 24. Apr 22, 04:25

Baldamundo wrote:
Sun, 3. Apr 22, 02:46
Is this mod meant to make the Xenon much, much, much more powerful? And if so, which module would be having most effect on that? Although it might be a mod interaction or something - I have VRO & XR Shippack (VRO version) as well - but they're absolutely overrunning half the galaxy in my latest game.
It's a combination of the two mods your using thats causing it. I tried to use the same ones myself, xenon wiped out everything eventually. VRO makes the xenon ships far more powerful, the xenon fighters get better weapons, the corvettes get better weapons and fighter-killer missiles + an extra turret. Their capitals get 2-3x the turret coverage and can OBLITERATE fighters and corvettes with the new... well... xenon obliterator beam turrets. The I class battleship can now kill entire defense stations all by itself. And then of course the xenon get a new U-class mothership with super weapon after 60h of playtime. This makes the xenon potentially quite a threat by itself with just VRO, but the factions have stronger militaries as well to help hold them back.

The issue is when you combine VRO with a mod that either makes the xenon even more powerful, or weakens the other npc factions. This mod actually does both at once. The xenon get a functional economy from the start as they no longer suicide all their mining ships trying to mine asteroids in argon prime with 200 warships barreling down on them instead of mining in xenon sectors. So the xenon come out swinging HARD. To add to this, mods like this which cause large scale wars between factions instead of minor skirmishes like in vanilla, this can cause the factions to cripple their economies early on which causes a snowball effect with the xenon who only get stronger and have the most powerful economy in the game.

I know VRO and Faction Enchancer used to work together perfectly, in fact VRO required it to work, but it seems they no longer really play nice with each other. They still "CAN" be used together, but its like play the game on "HELL" difficulty, as only the player can keep the xenon at bay.

PS: I also had the same problem with the Dynamic Wars mod, which was even worse as it didn't fix the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE that is the vanilla economy for everyone except the xenon and the terrans.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 24. Apr 22, 13:55

Valhalla_Awaits wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 04:25
Baldamundo wrote:
Is this mod meant to make the Xenon much, much, much more powerful? And if so, which module would be having most effect on that? Although it might be a mod interaction or something - I have VRO & XR Shippack (VRO version) as well - but they're absolutely overrunning half the galaxy in my latest game.
It's a combination of the two mods your using thats causing it. I tried to use the same ones myself, xenon wiped out everything eventually. VRO makes the xenon ships far more powerful, the xenon fighters get better weapons, the corvettes get better weapons and fighter-killer missiles + an extra turret. Their capitals get 2-3x the turret coverage and can OBLITERATE fighters and corvettes with the new... well... xenon obliterator beam turrets. The I class battleship can now kill entire defense stations all by itself. And then of course the xenon get a new U-class mothership with super weapon after 60h of playtime. This makes the xenon potentially quite a threat by itself with just VRO, but the factions have stronger militaries as well to help hold them back.

The issue is when you combine VRO with a mod that either makes the xenon even more powerful, or weakens the other npc factions. This mod actually does both at once. The xenon get a functional economy from the start as they no longer suicide all their mining ships trying to mine asteroids in argon prime with 200 warships barreling down on them instead of mining in xenon sectors. So the xenon come out swinging HARD. To add to this, mods like this which cause large scale wars between factions instead of minor skirmishes like in vanilla, this can cause the factions to cripple their economies early on which causes a snowball effect with the xenon who only get stronger and have the most powerful economy in the game.

I know VRO and Faction Enchancer used to work together perfectly, in fact VRO required it to work, but it seems they no longer really play nice with each other. They still "CAN" be used together, but its like play the game on "HELL" difficulty, as only the player can keep the xenon at bay.

PS: I also had the same problem with the Dynamic Wars mod, which was even worse as it didn't fix the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE that is the vanilla economy for everyone except the xenon and the terrans.
Dynamic wars isn't an economy mod. It is part of my mod collection that when used together makes the game much much better.

Valhalla_Awaits
x4

Post by Valhalla_Awaits » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 03:50

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 13:55
Valhalla_Awaits wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 04:25
Baldamundo wrote:

Dynamic wars isn't an economy mod. It is part of my mod collection that when used together makes the game much much better.
You misunderstand, I'm not claiming dynamic wars is an economy mod itself, but rather that it's function cripples the npcs economies through all out war in the early game. It does slowly rectify this later on after all the empire's economies completely collapse. (except terrans with their fortress location and invincible economy.) Within 8-10 hours of a new game using dynamic wars no faction except terrans and xenon have any military capitals left, and half their economic ships have been turned to dust. Now like I said it does SLOWLY bounce back, since no faction has any military left to harass traders they start to rebuild and wars end since they are all crippled. Issue is... The xenon don't sit idlely by while every faction is defenseless and easily capture any sector they please with ease without player intervention.

It's a GREAT mod, I've used it a lot. But it REQUIRES other mods to make it work, (Which you do state above, however the mod does NOT say this, and says it's stand alone. You may want to add this info to your postings of that mod.) mostly ones that vastly strengthen the "starting" economy of every empire as well. In a vanilla economy your just shooting yourself in the foot and handing the xenon the keys to the galaxy.

PS: I did want to thank you for making that mod and several others of your mods I've made heavy use of in the past. Your mods economy mod also do offer an interesting alternative to faction enhancer's requirement for a god-tier pc. As yours are much more fps friendly in my testing.

Orioniys
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.45

Post by Orioniys » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 13:36

Played couple of game with this mods, for the most part it's great but at some point the holding of Xenon assaults all over the galaxy started being a missive chore. Would be nice if normal factions were able to hold Xenon on their own a bit more. The main problem is Xenon being not that interesting of a threat, they just lack variety and complexity in station, ships, economy etc. And for the most part the game narrows down to destroying the same Xenon stations and building ur own defense stations to contain them.
I've noticed that Warmodule adds more range to Xenon L turrets and more dps to M turrets. Which might've been fine if regular faction destroyers in hands of AI were on pair with Xenon K. Usually one single I is enough to completely devastate the sector. Do AI actually uses "good" loadouts for capital ships to combat that?

Also suggestion for Vig syndicate being a possible performance drain, is to reduce the maximum amount of fighters they field and increase percentage of heavy fighters to compensate? As most of this fighter spam is consist of Kyd's.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 22:56

Orioniys wrote:
Fri, 29. Apr 22, 13:36
Played couple of game with this mods, for the most part it's great but at some point the holding of Xenon assaults all over the galaxy started being a missive chore. Would be nice if normal factions were able to hold Xenon on their own a bit more. The main problem is Xenon being not that interesting of a threat, they just lack variety and complexity in station, ships, economy etc. And for the most part the game narrows down to destroying the same Xenon stations and building ur own defense stations to contain them.
I've noticed that Warmodule adds more range to Xenon L turrets and more dps to M turrets. Which might've been fine if regular faction destroyers in hands of AI were on pair with Xenon K. Usually one single I is enough to completely devastate the sector. Do AI actually uses "good" loadouts for capital ships to combat that?
The AI ship loadouts are unchanged from vanilla, but most stations use significantly better loadouts with more variety. You shouldn't get many stations being ineffective because they're all beam turrets and stuff like that.

I didn't do substantial new game testing with 5.0 like I have in the past so it's possible things are different with a fresh economy, but my 4.0 save still gives the results I'd expect, which is to say aside from the Split losing a sector and the Company Regard arc, most engagements are stalemates with periods of higher or lower threat.

Orioniys
x3tc

Post by Orioniys » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 09:46

Mysterial wrote:
Fri, 29. Apr 22, 22:56
The AI ship loadouts are unchanged from vanilla, but most stations use significantly better loadouts with more variety. You shouldn't get many stations being ineffective because they're all beam turrets and stuff like that.

I didn't do substantial new game testing with 5.0 like I have in the past so it's possible things are different with a fresh economy, but my 4.0 save still gives the results I'd expect, which is to say aside from the Split losing a sector and the Company Regard arc, most engagements are stalemates with periods of higher or lower threat.
The change to station loadout is very noticeable, this is the main thing that stops Xenon from overrunning the map it seems. However it doesn't stop Xenon from destroying most faction patrols and military forces over time, which leads to slow death from raiding and disrupted supply lines. Rattlesnake in hands of AI and suboptimal loadouts are no match to increased range of Xenon L turrets, taking significant loses even in 3 to 1 engagements with K's.

In my Split game Xenon over run Fires of Defeat and Two Grand, destroying shipyard in Profit Centre Alpha and significant amount of stations in adjacent sectors, before I was able to put defense platform on a gate to Matrix 9. Cutting Xenon push off.
At the same time Antigone Republic lost The Void and Second contact, and were losing Antigone memorial and rest of their sectors slowly. Argon Prime was devastated with only a couple of station left. And Terran lost Getsu Fune, so there is at least 2-3 Xenon sectors between Commonwealth and Terrain Protectorate. Haven't seen Company Regard being taken in any of my games so far.
So far it looks like any sectors bordering Xenon Shipyard requires player intervention at some point in the game.

To give anecdotal example, in the beginning of my Terrain game ~2-3 hours in. During the beginning Terrain mission in Getsu Fune wingman says something like "look at this magnificent defense station" while it's being destroyed by two K's.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 15. May 22, 20:01

Orioniys wrote:
Sat, 30. Apr 22, 09:46
To give anecdotal example, in the beginning of my Terrain game ~2-3 hours in. During the beginning Terrain mission in Getsu Fune wingman says something like "look at this magnificent defense station" while it's being destroyed by two K's.
Well, look at this magnificent offense Ks!
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

Ghork
x4

Post by Ghork » Sat, 18. Jun 22, 22:12

Hey guys, sorry for asking this but does anybody has still the mod for 4.20 ? I would really appreciate it, I wanted to give it a try by curiosity and see if my computer can handle it without it being too unplayable, I don't really want to try to get the 5.00 + the new dlc because I heard it kinda dropped the performances down for some people? Not sure if it's true but well I'd rather stay in a older version because my computer is not a beast ^^

Thank you in advance!

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 18. Jun 22, 23:41

Ghork wrote:
Sat, 18. Jun 22, 22:12
Hey guys, sorry for asking this but does anybody has still the mod for 4.20 ?
The current version still includes fallback files for 4.2, so you can just use it. Those files don't include any changes made since then, though, they're just a copy of the version from that time that get used by the game instead.

Ghork
x4

Post by Ghork » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 21:58

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 18. Jun 22, 23:41
Ghork wrote:
Sat, 18. Jun 22, 22:12
Hey guys, sorry for asking this but does anybody has still the mod for 4.20 ?
The current version still includes fallback files for 4.2, so you can just use it. Those files don't include any changes made since then, though, they're just a copy of the version from that time that get used by the game instead.
Yup it works perfectly, thank you for the help and thank you for this amazing mod too :D

AlphaRomeo
x3ap

Post by AlphaRomeo » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 03:45

just encountered the cannot accept new mission bug. RIP my 100 hour save :(

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 00:17

Hey, I'm having BUC respawning before even doing the paranid missions.
Apologies in advance if you knew all this and already account for it.

Observations:
Second save this happened with, first time I restarted the whole game partly cause of this, this save I was lucky and my satellites were up in time to catch them some 20 min after I made a save.
Seems to be happening between the 2:35 and 3:27 played time on my save.
First and Second time were in Heretic's End, third time a mod added sector.
Running 5.45, and redownloaded it today after the first save that this happened with, and that I deleted.

Theory:
I believe it's as of 5.0(?) Ego added BUC stations to the startup galaxy. Meaning the faction is active in the beginning of every new, post-5.0 save.
These stations are then destroyed by Paranid and Teladi, the sector owners, possibly spurred on by the improved war ai in this mod.
Once all the stations are destroyed, your respawn file sees an active faction with no stations, and boom. BUC in a random place and time.
Stations in question are known as "BUC Duke's Lost Property Office", The name is at page 20102,3221 in the 5.0 t files
Sector's they spawn in are Hewa's Twin V, Trinity Sanctum VII and Pious Mists IV. They are often a ways out, and I don't believe they are rebuilt so they are only their on new games.

EDIT:Doing debugging with a vanilla setup of just a cheat mod and the War pack. A BUC station is also in Pious Mists IV, they are just that far out I didn't notice it even with a cheat.

EDIT 2:Yep, ran the test on the near-vanilla setup by deleting all four of the starting BUC stations with a cheat, they "respawned", in plot spoiler sector no less.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 15:40

Aranov wrote:
Tue, 2. Aug 22, 00:17
Hey, I'm having BUC respawning before even doing the paranid missions.
Apologies in advance if you knew all this and already account for it.
I put in a fix for this a few months ago. Are you sure you have the latest version?

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 16:17

Content xml says version="545" date="2022-04-26", tested again by downloading today. Still happened, a near vanilla setup of just this mod.
Using the Mysterial.net link, not the Steam Workshop.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 21:24

Well, I had to fix something else anyway so I took another crack at it. Let me know if you still have problems.

AtilaElari

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.46

Post by AtilaElari » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 08:57

Hello. I have a question.
How does War module determine when a faction would start an attack? In my game, thanks to FOCW and DeadAir Fill mod, Terrans are sitting on pretty huge fleets, but do not attempt any sort of large invasion for many hours.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 16:43

AtilaElari wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 08:57
Hello. I have a question.
How does War module determine when a faction would start an attack? In my game, thanks to FOCW and DeadAir Fill mod, Terrans are sitting on pretty huge fleets, but do not attempt any sort of large invasion for many hours.
Factions scout the intended invasion area and try to have an equal or greater force before entering. The Terrans also have special logic to attack faraway Xenon sectors, which can consume resources that prevent any 'normal' invasion ops from starting for a long time. Also, be aware that just because a faction has "fleets" doesn't mean they are allocated to offensive actions. Some fleets are specifically prevented from joining offensive actions - more so than in vanilla - to avoid situations where the faction burns all its ships attacking and then can't react to attacks. (This is why in vanilla late-game you often can attack inner sector stations with no response - all the response ships got sent to the war)

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 06:53

Just reporting the Buccaneer fix works, tested with my modded saves before they spawned and on a vanilla setup.

Thank you for all your work on these mods!

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 13:01

Hi,
a question, I can also disable the individual modules in the running save?

I have the problem that the Xenon are much too strong (VRO also installed). Sometimes they come through the gate in last border with 3-5 Is and flatten everything. The factions have no chance. I have now already placed a cheated fleet in front of the gates, so that I have at least some time to take care of other things.

Therefore I wanted to weaken the Xenon so far that at least other factions have the chance to push back the Xenon. It's a pity that there are no difficulty settings.

I wanted to turn off the War module or/and Catchup module, does that make sense?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”