[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

grapedog
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 09:01

Is this the mod responsible for my satellites getting constantly destroyed? I'll place satellites way above and below the ecliptic, and they still get taken out. I've seen a lone K fly 40km out of its way to blow up a satellite.

If it is FE, which module is it, so I can uninstall it. It's super annoying having to go and replace my satellites CONSTANTLY....

Like I don't have enough to constantly monitor already...

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 16:40

Hello,
Anyone know how work Faction Enhancer - War Module mod with 4.20 beta? In beta xenons are stronger, but i want to know how this mod work for other races? Im asking cuz other races don't claim free sectors near them in my game (whitout this mod of course). Anyone use this mod with beta?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 17:45

grapedog wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 09:01
Is this the mod responsible for my satellites getting constantly destroyed? I'll place satellites way above and below the ecliptic, and they still get taken out. I've seen a lone K fly 40km out of its way to blow up a satellite.

If it is FE, which module is it, so I can uninstall it. It's super annoying having to go and replace my satellites CONSTANTLY....
Yes, this mod enables the AI to target satellites. They don't have any magic knowledge of them; if a satellite shows up in their radar range (40km) then they may target it.

It's the War module, but that's also the one that does most of what people associate this mod with, so...

s1asher
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.41

Post by s1asher » Mon, 13. Dec 21, 21:19

1. is it compatible with 4.2?
2. Any chances that this mod will not trigger AI to destroy satellites?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 15:20

1. Yes
2. No

jas_9711
x4

Post by jas_9711 » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:36

8igdave wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:19
Is it intended that the AI will aggressively expand into un-owned sectors in the first few minutes of the game? Nops, heretics end etc all building defence stations. Basically breaks the game for me since I wanted to do some piracy and they are the only safe places to do it really. Tried restarting a few times and it's clear that with FE installed it happens and when I restart without FE everything runs fine. Real shame, this wasn't the case when I played with FE a year ago.
Came here to find out why this is happening in my latest new game. Not sure if it's this mod on my end, as I have not tested without it (and I have a very heavily modded setup with A LOT of new neutral sectors from both the X Universe + and XPANed Sectors mods). Anyhow, is this a random thing that sometimes happens? ARG/HOP/TEL/etc. are aggressively taking over any/all neutral sectors incredibly fast, even some of the new mod added ones. When you restart it happens every time? This is new behavior I have never seen before... sort of a problem for my plans also, but I may just press on and see how it all plays out.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 14:37

In my latest game using your mods and custom start with all plots complete, went unification route for paranid. A little while into my gave HOP respawned in Silent Witness IX. Just boom, full setup, wharf, shipyard, multiple factories. As I said they just spawned, no build storages just there.

While I think it's pretty cool, is this supposed to happen and possibly related your catchup module maybe? Another interesting note is I'm using DeadAir's dynamics wars, and their is no trace of the in that diplomacy screen, though they do appear in the standard vanilla player relations screen.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:03

That's a bug. They're not supposed to respawn if they're inactive. Sorry, I'll fix it when I have a moment.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:40

Mysterial wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:03
That's a bug. They're not supposed to respawn if they're inactive. Sorry, I'll fix it when I have a moment.
No need for apologies. Your mods are must haves, and it's actually thrown a pretty fun curveball into my game. :lol:
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Aranov
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.42

Post by Aranov » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 19:42

Just had the same thing happen with Cabel of Curbs after the split plot where I sided with Zyarth. They respawned in an unowned sector.

I was under the impression that they "lost" the war and would just be a pirate faction, like SCA or Fallen Familes, if that much.
Instead they popped up in the same sector I had a Adv. Electronics Fab.

I am using the newest version.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 19:58

Aranov wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 19:42
Just had the same thing happen with Cabel of Curbs after the split plot where I sided with Zyarth. They respawned in an unowned sector.

I was under the impression that they "lost" the war and would just be a pirate faction, like SCA or Fallen Familes, if that much.
Instead they popped up in the same sector I had a Adv. Electronics Fab.

I am using the newest version.
Hrm, not sure why that would happen. I haven't tested that story path anytime recently, but if memory serves, the Curbs never end up with a shipyard on that path and that's required for them to be considered 'alive' by the respawn detection.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 22:57

You'd be right. Not a single shipyard went to the Curbs.
My only guess, is maybe they tried building a new shipyard and before they finished it I smashed with my fleet without noticing it, as I was help Zyarth take the new sectors.
Went thru my Mods, nothing seems to add a shipyard to CAB.

Oddly tho, they have a Trade Station, as their HQ in Thuruks Demise. Even before they respawned, but after I destroyed most of their stations.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 23:29

Aranov wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 22:57
You'd be right. Not a single shipyard went to the Curbs.
My only guess, is maybe they tried building a new shipyard and before they finished it I smashed with my fleet without noticing it, as I was help Zyarth take the new sectors.
Went thru my Mods, nothing seems to add a shipyard to CAB.

Oddly tho, they have a Trade Station, as their HQ in Thuruks Demise. Even before they respawned, but after I destroyed most of their stations.
It is normal for the Curbs to try to pop up somewhere else, this happens in vanilla too. I think they will try to build in one of the territories that is not controlled by anyone and yes they will try to build a shipyard.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 10:32

I have seen CUB build shipyard and wharf in silent witness and in saturn by using this mod.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:05

Any issues with the war module with the 5.0 beta?

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43

Hello,
I meet strange bug after 7 days in game -> the game started to hang (I would say it looks like script enter endless loop). The game is heavily modded so I disable each mod one by one and going this way I have found out that War module is causing the issue.

Is there maybe known fix for it?
Can I be somehow more helpfull regerding this issue (logs/samegame etc.)?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:06

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:05
It should be fine in beta 1, but there's no guarantee that will continue to be the case.
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43
Hello,
I meet strange bug after 7 days in game -> the game started to hang (I would say it looks like script enter endless loop). The game is heavily modded so I disable each mod one by one and going this way I have found out that War module is causing the issue.

Well, posting them up somewhere can't hurt. But to be honest, the odds of finding the issue are not good. The game does not expose tools for modders to find performance problems, so unless it happens in a simpler case it can be very hard to track down.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:06
Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:05
It should be fine in beta 1, but there's no guarantee that will continue to be the case.
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43
Hello,

Well, posting them up somewhere can't hurt. But to be honest, the odds of finding the issue are not good. The game does not expose tools for modders to find performance problems, so unless it happens in a simpler case it can be very hard to track down.
One thing come to my mind: maybe it is somehow a overflow issue, my game has >40 (30?) additional sectors and xenon have taken more than half of the galaxy.
It is the biggest faction with following stats:
XL:260 M:358 S:3177 Miners: 448

Maybe this one is somehow more useful?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:01

MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39
One thing come to my mind: maybe it is somehow a overflow issue, my game has >40 (30?) additional sectors and xenon have taken more than half of the galaxy.

Wow that is a lot of small ships but I don't think it would be an overflow. If you can run a debug, I wouldn't mind helping to look into the log. Here are the params I run for debugging

Code: Select all

-noabout -skipintro -scriptlogfiles -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 19:20

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:01
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39

Wow that is a lot of small ships but I don't think it would be an overflow. If you can run a debug, I wouldn't mind helping to look into the log. Here are the params I run for debugging

Code: Select all

-noabout -skipintro -scriptlogfiles -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R90CZn ... sp=sharing
I hope it will help :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”