[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anthoam
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.1

Post by Anthoam » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 00:08

Hello ! I come from the Steam page of the War Module (I also posted a comment because of a problem I have with the mod enabled).
I don't know why, but I have a freeze just after a
Spoiler
Show
Secret Service mission
Dal just calls and explain what's happening after the mission, then the freeze occurs. So I tried to disable any mod that might be related, and by disabling the War module the freeze didn't occur anymore. So I played a bit without it then I reactivated it. After some times (30 minutes I think, maybe less) the game freeze again.

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 02:17

nighelt wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 15:44
Hey Mysterial,

You really made an awesome mod!
I have a couple of question:
-Because i have an ongoing save (3 hrs ), are your mods save game compatible , or i need to start a new one ?
-With the new 4.0 and new buff for the economy , all the modules are still needed for an engaging game , or some are less needed then other ?

The modules are save compatible and can be enabled at any time, from Mysterials comments they can also be disabled at any time although some defense stations that the war module has the AI build may disappear. You will need to give like 4-5 hours after enabling/disabling the mods before you really start to notice a difference. As for what is and isn't needed, the war module WILL make things a lot more dangerous, all factions will be much more aggressive, people have reported Xenon steam rolling around the 40-60 hour mark in their games both with just FE and especially with FE + VRO + XRshippack. Although if you are really proactive with getting the NPC faction economies going you may be able to hold out, I have a 50ish hour save that was started in 3.3 with the all of those mods and I have boosted the ARG/ANT to the point they are doing fine against the Xenon, TEL and PAR are suffering a bit though. Additionally people have reported that enabling the war module early in the Terran Cadet start can lead to the Solborn (a defense station that is part of the early plot missions) getting destroyed before the missions can be finished, I enables the war module around the 12hr mark in my game.

People elsewhere have said that vanilla is much better in 4.0 than in previous patches and that FE is less needed, but I personally really enjoy the more dynamic universe you get with FE so I haven't tried vanilla yet, if your computer can handle the added load then I personally would just throw it in, if you are really on the fence then just hold off for another 10-15 hours, if the universe isn't busy and engaging enough for you then throw these in.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 21:54

Is there anything in these scripts that could be causing the Terran Wharf to have its energy cell buy price stuck at 10cr? This and Better Kill Credit are the only ones I use. My universe's wharf in Mars refuses to alter its buy order for energy cells over 10cr even though the order wants over 800,000 units and is always short on them when I try to buy ships.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 05:16

I have no idea why that would happen, although I've verified that it's a thing. I don't know if it's a vanilla problem or not. I'm putting in a workaround in any case.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:34

Wow, I was just hoping for a confirmation before beginning to wage battle in the tech support forum, but if you're willing to fix it that's even better. :D

Knjaz136

Post by Knjaz136 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 20:29

Just a simple question.

With War module, will factions be able to take care of themselves, without player's intervention? (Especially Terrans).

Aka, let's say I want to lay low, play some mercenary stuff, maybe fly a capship or two, but definitely not doing any fleets or large scale eco.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 22:50

By itself? Probably not. If you use all of the modules, yes. Part of my balance testing is leaving the game running for a long time with no player intervention. I don't guarantee they will all have a smoothly running economy after days of non-interference but nobody should get killed off.

Knjaz136

Post by Knjaz136 » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 12:40

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 22:50
By itself? Probably not. If you use all of the modules, yes. Part of my balance testing is leaving the game running for a long time with no player intervention. I don't guarantee they will all have a smoothly running economy after days of non-interference but nobody should get killed off.
I meant with all modules turned off by default Vs. all modules minus War Module turned on. I.e. I thought War Module (with all other modules turned on) makes it harder for NPC factions to fight off stronger Xenon, not easier. But you answered the question already, regarding your testing methodology, thank you.

Anthoam
x4

Post by Anthoam » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 13:52

Mysterial have you seen my message about a freeze caused by the War module ? The mod causes the game to freeze just after a mission, even when you deactivate it and reactivate after some time it will still do the freeze...

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 15:26

I would like to get to play the DLC blind without looking up everything in the files, so issues involving story missions aren't going to get resolved until I get there. Sorry.

Also, you should upload a save somewhere, because there's no guarantee it will even happen for me.

Anthoam
x4

Post by Anthoam » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 17:07

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 25. Mar 21, 15:26
I would like to get to play the DLC blind without looking up everything in the files, so issues involving story missions aren't going to get resolved until I get there. Sorry.

Also, you should upload a save somewhere, because there's no guarantee it will even happen for me.
Yeah you might not get the same bug at the same time. There's someone else in the Technical Support and on the Steam page of the War module that had the same problem.

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 01:51

Which of these modules affects the Xenon most? Found they were a bit over-powered in my last game, and wondering if I ought to disable all or part of the mod.

And are any of the modules more performance/FPS demanding than the others?

monish_05m
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.2

Post by monish_05m » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:25

Hello and thanks for the mod, please I have a request, please increase the radius option of protect position by atleast 3-5 times. Right now the radius is too small to even cover a decent area.

DragonEye501
x3ap

Post by DragonEye501 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 17:35

"War intensity increases as the game continues"

How does this feature work exactly with the war module? Does this restrict the ai from taking over sectors in the first 10 hours of the game? Does this mean I won't see massive battles till 100 hours in my game?

I ask cause I have never really like the idea of artificially tethering factions from expanding when they have the resources to do so. :gruebel:

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:35

It restricts offensive fleet size somewhat. It does not restrict actions that can be taken. There are multiple reasons for this:
- The AI doesn't actually start with the economy to support the number of ships they start with, so without this they all get nuked in 5 hours and the AI spends 50 hours trying to get fleets again
- This forces early enemy composition (particularly Xenon) to be sized such that the player can actually take part when they can't have their own fleets yet instead of spectating
- The slower development of sector destruction and/or takeovers in the early game makes it easier for players to identify what's going on and the universe's trajectory

All scaling currently ends at ~48 hours game time.

DragonEye501
x3ap

Post by DragonEye501 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:08

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:35
It restricts offensive fleet size somewhat. It does not restrict actions that can be taken.
Ahhhhhh, I see. That's great that it doesn't restrict factions from warmongering. As for your points I think you've actually turned me around on the idea of this feature. Also, 48hrs seems like the perfect in game time for it to reach the apex of galactic warfare craziness. Thanks for the info! :mrgreen:

Knjaz136

Post by Knjaz136 » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 04:20

Anthoam wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 00:08
Hello ! I come from the Steam page of the War Module (I also posted a comment because of a problem I have with the mod enabled).
I don't know why, but I have a freeze just after a
Spoiler
Show
Secret Service mission
Dal just calls and explain what's happening after the mission, then the freeze occurs. So I tried to disable any mod that might be related, and by disabling the War module the freeze didn't occur anymore. So I played a bit without it then I reactivated it. After some times (30 minutes I think, maybe less) the game freeze again.
Seconded. War Module freezes the game at the very end(?) of Covert Operations questline, if you
Spoiler
Show
decide to side with Protectorate. Right at the moment where you receive a call from Dal that explains what is going to change between factions.
Haven't tried other outcomes, no clue what happens there.

Disabling it, going through that in-game sequence, then re-enabling it again seems to lead to another freeze.

Update: Turned war module off, reloaded - 10 minutes on SETA, no freezes.
Saved, reloaded with WarMod - Freeze in ~10+ seconds on SETA.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 17:22

Post the save somewhere please.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 15:24

Bug found. Fix incoming. Thanks Knjaz136 for the save.

It was the builders of all things!

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.21

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 02:04

Fix uploaded.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”