[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MrBubble
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by MrBubble » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 10:06

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 20. Sep 22, 20:11
ill think about making a patch
as for other content cut, i dont think so, VRO is a mature mod with most things already in, further development will focus on balancing, maybe some scripts and compatibility with future game updates, no new major assets are planned, at least for now.
Hi Shuulo! Any plans for 6.0 update?
Just to understand if it's worth waiting for a mod update at all =)

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 16:52

MrBubble wrote:
Mon, 10. Apr 23, 10:06
Hi Shuulo! Any plans for 6.0 update?
Just to understand if it's worth waiting for a mod update at all =)
It will take time, and there's possibly going to be a weapon rebalance.
Every ship that doesn't work with the new physics engine will be taken out until their maker has updated them (some have likely been abandoned, so they won't appear again), or another suitable mod ship for specific need is found.

So if you wait, you likely at first get a barebones 6.0 VRO instead of the current lineup.

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 08:04

I hope that this will not happen. My save now has 1000 hrs+, over 500 ships from VRO, X3 ATF/USC Ship Pack, Rise of the Ocean Raiders and XR Shippack. If ships were removed, it would be like destroying my save with 6.0.
In such a case I would also stay with 5.1 and do without the Boron DLC. I've already invested too much time in logistics, fighting the Xenon, pacifying the universe and building the economy, and I've already finished all the plots. I'm not starting from scratch again.

The mods X3 ATF/USC Ship Pack, Rise of the Ocean Raiders and XR Shippack are the corresponding VRO versions.
Please make a patch that is savegame compatible, and that the other ship mods can also be based on it.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 13:34

Eagle_Four wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 08:04
I hope that this will not happen. My save now has 1000 hrs+, over 500 ships from VRO, X3 ATF/USC Ship Pack, Rise of the Ocean Raiders and XR Shippack.
These ships likely may not work correctly at the moment if you use your save game in 6.0. For example, collision problems, or docking may be difficult/not possible until the ships themselves get updated; Ship authors have to update them - so unless the ships themselves get updates, it will stll not work correctly.

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 19:31

Yes, I know. That's why I'll wait to buy the Boron DLC and hope that the ships will be updated.

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 01:01

Patch 4.0
known issues:
- only ENG localization updated

YOU CAN continue previous saves, as U decided to not make huge rework in some aspects, but READ the following and sell ships that were removed before loading in a new save (roll back to 5.1 to do that, or simply load the game and suffer some bugs).

Changes to make dogfights more interesting and S/M ships more survivable and useful:
- decreased projectile speed of most S weapons by around 10%
- improved damage of M guns by around 10%
- decreased damage of M and L turrets by 5-15% depending on turret
- slightly reduced speed of all S ships, mostly for mk3 and mk4 engines

Ship changes:
- Added Titan and replaced Fulmar model by Lc4Hunter assets
- Removed Terran cruisers (Makharia, Akita, Sapporo, Shikoku)
- Moved Centaur to Vigor Syndicate
- Added Enhanced Cyclops to argons, old Cyclops is now antigone only, thanks Axeface!
- Added 2 L frigates, one for Terrans and one for Pioneers, thanks Lint5!

Other changes:
- updated all ships to 6.0 compatibility
- updated flak guns for new mechanics
- updated influence effects of some weapons
- changed all railguns and meson gun to have slow gimbal speed instead of fixed, to help AI using them
- slightly nerfed Khaak shields regen
- fixed incorrect cargo for some ships
- updated OOS combat parameters, please report any weirdness
- balance pass for many ships
- many many small changes/tweaks/bugfixes, polishing

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 02:17

Hello,

How balance changes affect S and M overall?

I really want L and XL ships meta to stop.

Thank you.

yafeshan
x4

Post by yafeshan » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 10:12

st3k wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 02:17
Hello,

How balance changes affect S and M overall?

I really want L and XL ships meta to stop.

Thank you.
In VRO M ships have many options from interceptors to anti-cap wings.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 20:24

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the update for v6.0, much appreciated.

I've mentioned this on Discord, but thought it worth mirroring here...

Certain - M Class ships - SCA Minotaur Raider being a good example - appear to be coming equipped with some sort of super missile that's doing waaayyyy too much damage to be considered in any way balanced. For example, I saw a fully functional and undamage Behemoth Vanguard destroyer take a single hit from just one of these missiles. The result: Shields gone entirely, hull down by about 40% and ALL surface elements destroyed. That's from just ONE missile.

I've seen this occur numerous times now and it does indeed appear to be just one missile doing this. The raw damage output alone is very high, but combined with the AoE that covers the entire size of a Behemoth is perhaps the most significant "feature" of this missile. Once a Destroyer is hit by one of these, it's dead. Perhaps not right away, but it will have ALL surface elements stripped including engines.

Ships are also scoring accidental hits on allies with these missiles, which is sorta funny, but really impacts the balance of any such encounter.

Bababa

Post by Bababa » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 10:15

Ther is a Terran turrets that also needs a look. It fires bursts of 3 projectiles and each projectile explodes destroying surface elements in like 3-4 salvos. I don't mind the power, but the fire rate and especially the size of the explosion (it hits all of the surface elements of a behemoth at the same time) makes it way too deadly.

The projectile speed of it is so fast that it swats fighters en masse

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 16:01

ok, i ll checked vro for 6.00

i have 2 points for critism only :P

1: the weapon changes compared to pre 6.0 vro are bad not wanna say worse than pre. but just bad.
either they dont do dmg after all on this ammount of shields or the shields after all are to massive now for ships ...
lets say .. S ships cant kill a shit anymore.. yes. they can kill an M ships ofc.. but in this time they shoot on it, i can go brew a coffee and come back and they still fire on a M ship.
fast firing guns like repeaters from splitt are totaly worthless now they over head 23 times untill an M ships is even half down of its hull.....
so compared to vanilla and pre 6.0 vro the changes are bad..
yes there are weapons that shredd enemys .. but look at what weapons they are . beams, and shotguns. the rest.. shield weapons. fast firing weapons.....
and most of them got a burst .. like 2 or 3 shots or 4 shots....than a LONG pause and again just a small burst. thean it would be much better to have weapons with 1 burst and a normal pause...
also the dirrenez in dmg of some weapons are to much .. some M weapons do 1500 dmg..and some just 50 or 250 ....same goes for turrets .....

2:vro itself

for me vro was till 6.00 a must have mod for x4 .......weapons , ships, balance just a must have mod. along with some other mods.
but with the recent changes vro got for 6.00.. iam not convinced it is a must have mod anymore. i would say yeah the mod is ok, but u also can play without it.just get the ship mods and thats it.
vro right now at the moment is reqaly unbalanced regarding shields, weapons, ship stats,
it is great and absolutly stunning aht the ships are done for 6.00. but my facit. this time with 6.00 VRO yet atm is not a must have mod
i hope VRO will get changes ,and a bit better balancing and becomes what it was , a must have for x4

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 16:44

Halpog wrote:
Sat, 29. Apr 23, 16:01
ok, i ll checked vro for 6.00

i have 2 points for critism only :P

1: the weapon changes compared to pre 6.0 vro are bad not wanna say worse than pre. but just bad.
either they dont do dmg after all on this ammount of shields or the shields after all are to massive now for ships ...
lets say .. S ships cant kill a shit anymore.. yes. they can kill an M ships ofc.. but in this time they shoot on it, i can go brew a coffee and come back and they still fire on a M ship.
fast firing guns like repeaters from splitt are totaly worthless now they over head 23 times untill an M ships is even half down of its hull.....
so compared to vanilla and pre 6.0 vro the changes are bad..
yes there are weapons that shredd enemys .. but look at what weapons they are . beams, and shotguns. the rest.. shield weapons. fast firing weapons.....
and most of them got a burst .. like 2 or 3 shots or 4 shots....than a LONG pause and again just a small burst. thean it would be much better to have weapons with 1 burst and a normal pause...
also the dirrenez in dmg of some weapons are to much .. some M weapons do 1500 dmg..and some just 50 or 250 ....same goes for turrets .....

2:vro itself

for me vro was till 6.00 a must have mod for x4 .......weapons , ships, balance just a must have mod. along with some other mods.
but with the recent changes vro got for 6.00.. iam not convinced it is a must have mod anymore. i would say yeah the mod is ok, but u also can play without it.just get the ship mods and thats it.
vro right now at the moment is reqaly unbalanced regarding shields, weapons, ship stats,
it is great and absolutly stunning aht the ships are done for 6.00. but my facit. this time with 6.00 VRO yet atm is not a must have mod
i hope VRO will get changes ,and a bit better balancing and becomes what it was , a must have for x4
I am not sure I agree with you on this. I need to play more, but from what I have seen so far, dog fighting is excellent (s fighters vs s fighters or s and m mixed fighting). If S ships can't do much damage to large ships, there is no issue with that in my opinion. You should need missiles or heavy weapons to do damage to large ships. L and XL battles also seem very good. So I am not so sure about your criticism, but I will continue to play and see. That doesn't mean there might not be some issues though, like mentioned in other posts about super missiles or something, haven't seen those yet myself though.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 18:25

i will keep playing too and test more , i dont like it to be honest, to play without VRO :P

Bababa

Post by Bababa » Mon, 1. May 23, 12:04

It seems it's impossible to defeat a xenon I with an L ship using this mod. It fires billion projectiles at you with it's L gamma cannons and PPC outranging your main guns deleting any L ship that comes within it's insane range.

So anyone knows how to defeat xenon I with a destroyer?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 1. May 23, 13:03

Bababa wrote:
Mon, 1. May 23, 12:04
It seems it's impossible to defeat a xenon I with an L ship using this mod. It fires billion projectiles at you with it's L gamma cannons and PPC outranging your main guns deleting any L ship that comes within it's insane range.

So anyone knows how to defeat xenon I with a destroyer?
I don't think there's any single Destroyer that can go toe-to-toe with the Xenon I - which is very much a Battleship. However, the Titan Battleship can have a good go, with a little support. Have groups of Fighters with appropriate load-outs attacking the I's Turrets to weaken its damage output and you should be fine. Well-equipped fighters seem to have better survivability vs. larger targets than before. Unless of course said larger target has an anti-fighter load-out.

I encountered an already slightly damaged (hull only, full shields) Xenon I last night and a combination of a Titan, and a Destroyer took it down quite nicely. The Xenon I was also supported by a Xenon V (the Missile Destroyer) however, now that the Missile Defence Turret command actually works and I had several CIWS and Beam turrets set to Missile Defence* it wasn't the threat it was in v5.10.

* Also, a Turret on Missile Defence will now fire at other targets when there are no missiles inbound. Missile Defence used to ONLY shoot at missiles, which was very limiting. I assume that's a v6.0 change, but maybe

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Mon, 1. May 23, 13:30

L is not supposed to work. Even K (and especially V) is formidable enough. I you have to split from the rest by kiting the faster ships away or killing its engines. If you allow it to roam, it will clean up some AI stations. But if it wouldn't then it would never happen until Q rolls around.

Actually even a single AI flown battleship won't be enough against I. Titan wasn't nearly enough alone when it used to be in VRO before (haven't tried now when it just reappeared back).

Like previous commenter said, I suggest only taking opportunist snipes if an I is engaged by many AI faction ships. Later on you can prepare to deal with them.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 1. May 23, 15:33

There are some very powerful missiles in VRO currently. In previous versions, I'd often have a Corvette with Missile Launchers using the high-damage dumbfire missiles to snipe various surface elements on targets. However, while certain missiles in VRO are doing INSANE damage with INSANE AoE, now the Missile Defence turret command works so well, they might be a bit less successful.

Btw: can you even take out the Engines on a Xenon I? You never used to be able to, but perhaps that was a bug?

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Mon, 1. May 23, 15:42

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 1. May 23, 15:33
Btw: can you even take out the Engines on a Xenon I? You never used to be able to, but perhaps that was a bug?
Yeah, Remote Guided Warhead to engines worked well at least before.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 1. May 23, 17:37

magitsu wrote:
Mon, 1. May 23, 15:42
Yeah, Remote Guided Warhead to engines worked well at least before.
Cool, glad it works. It was an age ago when I was playing a version where the I's Engines were immune to damage. I cannot even remember if it was a vanilla thing at the time, or one of the ship mods I'd been using. Seems to have stuck in my brain that they cannot be destroyed, so I never try. Shame, as that's my usual tactic when dealing with larger ships, kill their engines first. I find it fairly easy to land a good AoE shot with a heavy unguided missile on the Engines (of large ships in general) then hitting turrets from long range is easy once the ship cannot move.

Olivera

Post by Olivera » Wed, 3. May 23, 10:23

Hi all! Can you tell me if there is a list of ships by faction? I have a suspicion that I don't have ships added, although I do have VROs. I have a feeling, judging by the descriptions, that you and I have different mods.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”