[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Berni
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by Berni » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 10:34

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 03:40

If i can get more info on this, i can get a fix to shuulo
would some examples help? like ships where shield mods are working and where not?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 16:31

Berni wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 10:34
DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 03:40

If i can get more info on this, i can get a fix to shuulo
would some examples help? like ships where shield mods are working and where not?
Yes very much. Basically it might be an inconsistency between some small parts of code so knowing what i need to compare before hand would expedite the process if my first thought ends up correct.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 18:37

Posting the same thing I put in bug reports on the discord:
May have a breakthrough! and it may be Egosoft's god damn fault.
For those with this issue, check if the ishield shows in the equip mod menu for the ships that work. if not, that to me means ALL ishields are "breaking" the mod menu.
The reason some ships work is their ishield is not setup right, thus, doesn't show in the mod menu.
How did Ego cause this? I added group="group_ishield" to the ishield connections on the test ships and everything worked fine for equip mods.
It seems the can be only ONE ungrouped shield type per ship, other wise equip mod menu breaks. And ofc this "fix" breaks the shipyard equip menu, meaning you can't add ishields or turrets.

EDIT: tested adding a group to the vanilla ungrouped shields. ONLY if the ishields are grouped do they work.
Edit 2: Loaded up my 4.20 no steam install, few corrections. ishields did not show on the modding screen back then. The Helios E for example is correct in its function. For some reason, the equip mod ui wants to now show the ishields for some ships, such as the Triton, which breaks said ui as it seems only one ungrouped shield type can be used by that ui.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 23:36

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 16:31

Yes very much. Basically it might be an inconsistency between some small parts of code so knowing what i need to compare before hand would expedite the process if my first thought ends up correct.
Okay, here a few examples from my current (5.0) game:

working:
- Boann | Sulaco | Katana | Gorgon

not working:
- Nomad | Millenium | Mammoth | Syn | Rattlesnake | Makhaira

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 15:58

How to beat xenon I in this mod?

Xenon sent like 3 xenon It's and 3 xenon Q and holy shit they melt anything that comes withing 20km.

The I here is extremely powerful, I am now at a loss at how to deal with this invasion that somehow managed to cross like half of the Galaxy to my newly acquired sector

Also, it's just my opinion but I think destroyer weapons should outrange xenon L pulse and laser Obliterator turrets.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 18:37

Try this weapon pack and use the plasma artillery!

It is well balanced around VRO and i never would play X4 without it anymore^^ :)

viewtopic.php?t=421266

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 30. Mar 22, 03:16

Thanks man I'll try it out and hopefully xenon I stop soloing a whole sector by itself

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 00:20

Hello, I'm sorry but I'm a little confused about VRO installation and mods that are dependent on it.
I apologize if I posted it in a wrong mod topic.

I intend to use 'VRO' and 'XR Shippack for VRO' with DeadAir mods.
Which version of VRO should I use then?

When I install this one:
DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 01:13
My 5.0/ToA version of VRO is available now
https://github.com/DeadAirRT/VRO
I get error message in Extensions menu:

When I install version from official VRO discord there's no such error but maybe there's some serious incompatibility with DeadAir mods I'm not aware of?

I really don't know, this is my very first modding attempt for X4 and the last thing I want is finding out after hundred hours that my
savegame is corrupted and I can't play anymore.

This is my mod list.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 03:31

zwierzu wrote:
Thu, 31. Mar 22, 00:20
So things are a little complicated right now. Egosoft recently introduced a code change that made most ships with ishield cause UI glitches.

This is on top of shuulo having to evacuate due to the war.

Right now, my version has fixes for the UI glitch and works 100% but there is one major catch, it requires the authors of ship mods to update their mods or it may cause issues.

If you are fine with not being able to add equipment mods to ships, use the VRO version from shuulo's discord (folder will be called vro_toa when you unpack, rename it to VRO).

If you use my fixed version and If you use a shipmod that isn't updated for the fix, they may not use shields.

The "incompatibility" you are talking about is because the mods that are set to load after VRO, use VRO as the mod id. It can be fixed by updating their content file, or changing the ID in vro-lite content file to VRO.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 09:59

my 2 cent.
i play without vro atm. dosent feel right to use it while noone knows if he and his family is save and well atm.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 09:27

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 31. Mar 22, 03:31

...Right now, my version has fixes for the UI glitch and works 100% but there is one major catch, it requires the authors of ship mods to update their mods or it may cause issues...
Hello DeadAirRT, where can i get your version with the (shield-mod)UI fix?
Thank you :)

Apostolis78
x4

Post by Apostolis78 » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 19:24

DeadAirRT wrote:
zwierzu wrote:
Right now, my version has fixes for the UI glitch and works 100% but there is one major catch, it requires the authors of ship mods to update their mods or it may cause issues.

If you are fine with not being able to add equipment mods to ships, use the VRO version from shuulo's discord (folder will be called vro_toa when you unpack, rename it to VRO).

If you use my fixed version and If you use a shipmod that isn't updated for the fix, they may not use shields.

The "incompatibility" you are talking about is because the mods that are set to load after VRO, use VRO as the mod id. It can be fixed by updating their content file, or changing the ID in vro-lite content file to VRO.
So, if by your version you mean the one posted on Shuulo's discord (vro_toa.zip) I am guessing it won't work with mods like "Equipment modifications redone"? I am confused :P

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 21:06

Berni wrote:
Fri, 1. Apr 22, 09:27
DeadAirRT wrote:

...Right now, my version has fixes for the UI glitch and works 100% but there is one major catch, it requires the authors of ship mods to update their mods or it may cause issues...
Hello DeadAirRT, where can i get your version with the (shield-mod)UI fix?
Thank you :)
https://github.com/DeadAirRT/VRO

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 21:07

Apostolis78 wrote:
Fri, 1. Apr 22, 19:24
DeadAirRT wrote:
zwierzu wrote:

So, if by your version you mean the one posted on Shuulo's discord (vro_toa.zip) I am guessing it won't work with mods like "Equipment modifications redone"? I am confused :P
Don't know anything about that mod and no, i do not mean that version.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 21:56

Pardon me, I've read about potential issues with VRO (5.0 + ToA version) and ship modifications, preventing ship mods from being applied. I initially didn't worry about this as I don't use ship mods traditionally. However, I've just hit a certain point in a certain new plot-line that requires me to research and apply a mod to an engine. My understanding is that my current mods might cause me issues here, though I'm not entirely sure what goes wrong.

For the record I use the new version of VRO for ToA (from Shuulo's Discord), along with the XR Ship Pack and the Ship Variety Expansion mod (both with their respective VRO patch applied) to add more ships. I'm not entirely sure what I need to do in order to be able to apply the plot-required Engine mod successfully, whether it impacts all ships that are VRO'd or just certain ones. I recall reading that ALL mods that add / change ships need a certain fix applied in order to work, but as I've largely not paid attention - due to not using ship mods normally - I'm a little uncertain what needs to be done.

If anyone can provide guidance it'd be most welcome. If the answer is "wait until VRO is updated" then that's of course 100% fine, I'll just put this particular mission on hold for the time being.

Cheers.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 22:23

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 1. Apr 22, 21:56
Pardon me, I've read about potential issues with VRO (5.0 + ToA version) and ship modifications, preventing ship mods from being applied. I initially didn't worry about this as I don't use ship mods traditionally. However, I've just hit a certain point in a certain new plot-line that requires me to research and apply a mod to an engine. My understanding is that my current mods might cause me issues here, though I'm not entirely sure what goes wrong.

For the record I use the new version of VRO for ToA (from Shuulo's Discord), along with the XR Ship Pack and the Ship Variety Expansion mod (both with their respective VRO patch applied) to add more ships. I'm not entirely sure what I need to do in order to be able to apply the plot-required Engine mod successfully, whether it impacts all ships that are VRO'd or just certain ones. I recall reading that ALL mods that add / change ships need a certain fix applied in order to work, but as I've largely not paid attention - due to not using ship mods normally - I'm a little uncertain what needs to be done.

If anyone can provide guidance it'd be most welcome. If the answer is "wait until VRO is updated" then that's of course 100% fine, I'll just put this particular mission on hold for the time being.

Cheers.
Issue only happens with shield mods, stick to shuulo's vro_toa and you should be fine

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 22:26

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 1. Apr 22, 22:23
Issue only happens with shield mods, stick to shuulo's vro_toa and you should be fine
Excellent, thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it.

cyfagy
x3tc

Post by cyfagy » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 17:27

hello, in VRO-Lite most engines are way to slow compared with the original VRO settings ! in the mod folder assets\props\Engines\macros most of the engines have the wrong thrust numbers compared to shuulo's settings.
warming by devil´s fire

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 18:51

cyfagy wrote:
Sat, 2. Apr 22, 17:27
hello, in VRO-Lite most engines are way to slow compared with the original VRO settings ! in the mod folder assets\props\Engines\macros most of the engines have the wrong thrust numbers compared to shuulo's settings.
Wrong place for that but no, they do not have the wrong thrust. They are different mods that are mostly similar. One of the things changed were thrust because higher speeds cause more performance impact so i lowered them.

cyfagy
x3tc

Post by cyfagy » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 21:25

hmm i thought you got the permission from shuulo to fix VRO and not to change VRO to something different, you should mention that your change the whole speed mechanic and not only make it work again.it's an important fact to know that.
warming by devil´s fire

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”