[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 20. May 21, 01:18

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 00:24
When ordering a minimum present Minotaur Sentinel, I was required to add a plasma bomb, there was no option to leave that weapons slot empty. Is that intentional, or an oversight?
Its set as Mandatory weapon but sometimes UI glitches, so its reverted to non-mandatory in next version.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 23. May 21, 04:14

The abandoned Cobra found as part of the Split storyline does not have an internal shield generator, and I can't add it directly when choosing an upgrade. I can however choose "minimum preset" during the upgrade and it will add this internal shield, as a workaround in order to be able to upgrade it.

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Mon, 24. May 21, 13:07

Is there a resource anywhere that tells the colors of turret projectiles, or will I need to test each one? I looked on the wiki through the excel sheet but didn't see color of projectiles listed.

I'm looking for L turrets that have yellow/orange colored projectiles specifically. I know Heavy L Flak will be one of them. I'm guessing Gauss Cannon is another?

alexu4326
x2

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by alexu4326 » Mon, 31. May 21, 13:10

Îs this mod limiting number of deployments to 25 for minotaur santinel?

ganlhi
xr

Post by ganlhi » Mon, 31. May 21, 16:52

Hello! I just started a new game with this mod, as it looks fantastic! I'm trying to find an information in the 106 pages of this thread, but no luck for now ^^
I read in the first few pages the boost was removed, but in my starting ship I still have it. Has it been added again in a recent version, or is my install broken? I would prefer to know before going further in my playthrough :)

tezboyes
x4

Post by tezboyes » Mon, 31. May 21, 22:28

ganlhi wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 16:52
Hello! I just started a new game with this mod, as it looks fantastic! I'm trying to find an information in the 106 pages of this thread, but no luck for now ^^
I read in the first few pages the boost was removed, but in my starting ship I still have it. Has it been added again in a recent version, or is my install broken? I would prefer to know before going further in my playthrough :)
The first article has a link to the VRO Wiki.
In there, Ships Changes, Engines and Thrusters.

"Boost was changed to last longer but be more of a combat boost than travel-drive replacement (no instant boosting)"

ganlhi
xr

Post by ganlhi » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 06:32

Thank you! I actually did read that, but reading other stuff after made me confused :gruebel:

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 22:38

Hi Shuulo,

I've just encountered my first Viper up close, and notice a slight issue during my pre-boarding (aka, blow the crap out of surface elements) operations...

The upper Engine is fine, can be targetted and destroyed with relative ease - there was no shield protecting it on the one I'm attacking. However, the lower two Engines appear to be a little too buried into the ship's hull. So, shooting them while behind the ship rarely damages them. Moving to the side however, allows them to be more readily damaged. So, there's a work-around - though it can expose the player to fire - but I do wonder if this is intended.

Just getting back into X4 and started a fresh game with updated mods this evening.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 21:40

Hi Shuulo,

Are you aware of any issues with the Outfitting UI in the 4.1 beta clashing with your mod?

I posted on the Beta forums here though with my game being modified it may well be ignored, even though this issue has appeared numerous times in the past during vanilla games. However, my usual work-around for the bug doesn't work any more, plus the outfitting UI seems to have other issues too.

I know you change some things regarding ship loadouts, and I understand updates have broken things previously, so thought I'd check in.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 04:12

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 16. Jun 21, 21:40
Hi Shuulo,

Are you aware of any issues with the Outfitting UI in the 4.1 beta clashing with your mod?

I posted on the Beta forums here though with my game being modified it may well be ignored, even though this issue has appeared numerous times in the past during vanilla games. However, my usual work-around for the bug doesn't work any more, plus the outfitting UI seems to have other issues too.

I know you change some things regarding ship loadouts, and I understand updates have broken things previously, so thought I'd check in.

Cheers,

Scoob.
He's on it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:20

Thanks, totally missed his post on the Beta forum. Glad Egosoft have confirmed a fix their side, I recall this is what happened before when the UI broke badly.

Scoob.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 15:18

This was already discussed, but I thought I could add a bit of my feedback as well.

Defence stations are OP without any excuse. In my game Holy Order managed to deploy a defence station in Second Contact II at their gates in early game. 3 days of real time later, and it is still standing, despite Argon, Antigony and even Xenon attacking it all the time. If destroyed ships didn't disappear the wreckages would make the sector impassible. Destroyers, carriers, battleships - all are blown to bits before doing any damage.

I made it a bit of a challenge for myself to see if I can move this defence station without actively attacking it - so I started feeding Argon shipyards with as much materials as I could and doing every "Assemble fleet" mission with maximum loadout for the ships - no luck, just more wrecks for the graveyard.

Another issue I have is that S and M ships become more or less unusable. M turrets are way too effective at taking out fighters, so even sizable swarms get swatted out before they can do any real damage. As for M ships, they are in the same bad spot in vanilla game too.

Perhaps reducing Tracking of M turrets could make S ships more viable, making them harder to hit - and would make fighter swarms a counter to well-fortified stations?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 18:56

AtilaElari wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 15:18
This was already discussed, but I thought I could add a bit of my feedback as well.

im waiting for 4.1 to mature, it will include nerf to station OOS damage

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 07:56

I would also invite you to take a look at Xenon M Cutting Beam turret - in its current state it is extremely deadly to fighters, with fast tracking, instant projectile travel time and high damage. It almost makes S ships unusable against the Xenon.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 01:35

AtilaElari wrote:
Sat, 17. Jul 21, 07:56
I would also invite you to take a look at Xenon M Cutting Beam turret - in its current state it is extremely deadly to fighters, with fast tracking, instant projectile travel time and high damage. It almost makes S ships unusable against the Xenon.
Done for next version

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 20:02

Hi Shuulo,

I saw your post on the Beta forum regarding right-click issues. Upon continuing my current 4.1 Beta 4 game in Beta 5, I've lost all right-click functionality. I'm using VRO of course, as well as some other mods, and wondered if you had any update I could apply to my game to continue playing. I see you appear to have identified the problem as being down to a typo - something the prior Beta did not have an issue with. No big deal of course, it's fine if you only want to show anything once v4.1 is live and any other issues have been ironed out, just thought I'd ask.

Currently playing around with the custom starts feature in vanilla in the meantime, it looks like it's going to be very nice.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 23:54

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 28. Jul 21, 20:02
Hi Shuulo,

I saw your post on the Beta forum regarding right-click issues. Upon continuing my current 4.1 Beta 4 game in Beta 5, I've lost all right-click functionality. I'm using VRO of course, as well as some other mods, and wondered if you had any update I could apply to my game to continue playing. I see you appear to have identified the problem as being down to a typo - something the prior Beta did not have an issue with. No big deal of course, it's fine if you only want to show anything once v4.1 is live and any other issues have been ironed out, just thought I'd ask.

Currently playing around with the custom starts feature in vanilla in the meantime, it looks like it's going to be very nice.

Cheers,

Scoob.
Update SirNukes API mod, it seems typo added more to it but that mod was the main reason. SiNukes already updated it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 12:45

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 28. Jul 21, 23:54
Update SirNukes API mod, it seems typo added more to it but that mod was the main reason. SiNukes already updated it.
Thanks Shuulo, will update as you suggest.

Scoob.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 18:02

I also have a concern about Cyclon M turret. I did a few skirmishes where my capital ships were engaged by fighters. In pretty much every circumstance ships with CIWS outperformed Cyclons by a large margin.
It is my understanding that Cyclon is supposed to be a weapon against nimble ships, having no projectile travel time. But the low tracking speed combined with low range means that most fighters can outrun the turret's tracking. CIWS on the other hand has fast tracking and fast projectiles, with way higher DPS agains fast target.

Perhaps lower the Cyclon's damage while raising its tracking, to cement it as a weapon against Combat Drones and light fighters?

Interestingly Terran Meson Lance turrets don't have that issue.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Sat, 7. Aug 21, 09:40

Could you point out what parts of the code correspond to the Hull values of station modules?
I think that the game may become much more dynamic if station defence modules were significntly weaker and I would like to test that but you probably won't make a branch of the mod just for my amusement. Could you tell me how to find hit-points values for defensive modules?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”