[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mjdecker1234
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by Mjdecker1234 » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 03:06

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 20:29
Mjdecker1234 wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 10:05
Hope i'm quoting or tagging you properly (Idk if I am). For your mods, I assume if I go to Github I can choose what ones I want to use? (for say if I didnt want to use all of them). And are they all compatible with the star wars mod?
The star wars that adds factions or removes the vanilla factions? I haven't actually been keeping tabs on their progress.

If it is just the one that adds factions; fill, ware, and dynamic wars should work
Yeah they work, thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 16:32

Hey DeadAir, do you mind if I make a version of the dynamicrelations for my corporations mod? I was going to add diplomatic options and such but you already did most of the work.

Are you aware of this error by the way:

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 4017.23 Error in MD cue md.DynamicWarConversations.DWC_Main_SelectFaction_Handler<inst:8f9e4e>: Property lookup failed: event.param2.{3}
* Expression: event.param2.{3} != null and event.param2.{4} != null
* Action: <do_if>, line 54
[General] 4017.23 ======================================

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 21:45

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 16:32
*Snip*]
Feel free. I don't mind at all.

Hmmm I haven't actually ever received that error. I probably need to check over that script since it's fairly old and iirc not the most adaptable.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 21:49

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 21:45
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 16:32
*Snip*]
Feel free. I don't mind at all.

Hmmm I haven't actually ever received that error. I probably need to check over that script since it's fairly old and iirc not the most adaptable.
yeah basically you talk to the manager and choose to either see the relation or try to change the relation, and you can hit next to go to the next options (factions) and then it eventually keeps going forever, u can keep hitting next without end even when there are no options to choose from.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 22:12

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 21:49
I'm not surprised I missed something like that. The conversation stuff really is much more difficult for me than regular md for some reason. I got a lot of help from iforgotmysocks on that. I was probably going to eventually change that stuff over to sir nukes menus when I get around to it.

I'll put my most recent code onto git here in a bit so you can work from whatever I've updated (if I did change anything). I've been working on my factions/map mostly so I'm not sure which of my repos are up to date lol.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 22:25

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 22:12
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 21:49
I'm not surprised I missed something like that. The conversation stuff really is much more difficult for me than regular md for some reason. I got a lot of help from iforgotmysocks on that. I was probably going to eventually change that stuff over to sir nukes menus when I get around to it.

I'll put my most recent code onto git here in a bit so you can work from whatever I've updated (if I did change anything). I've been working on my factions/map mostly so I'm not sure which of my repos are up to date lol.
Here is the specific code that seems to be causing the error.

<do_if value="event.param2.{3} != null and event.param2.{4} != null">
          <reward_player money="event.param2.{4} * -1"/>
          <set_faction_relation faction="event.param2.{2}" otherfaction="event.object.trueowner" value="0"/>
          <set_faction_relation faction="event.object.trueowner" otherfaction="event.param2.{2}" value="0"/>
        </do_if>
It is coming up with a null value i guess

Property lookup failed: event.param2.{3}
for this

This looks like the code that takes money from the player, I am assuming for when you want to buy relation change. Not sure what the event.param2.{3} is supposed to refer to though as there is no reference before this. Later I see that event.param2.{3} refers to different relation states (like kill, friend, etc.)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 03:17

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 22:25
It has to do with event_conversation_returned_to_section and event_conversation_next_section. Event.param2 = choice parameter.

I just tested it, and it does still indeed work although since I reference things that don't exist until you return to said page, it kicks out a few errors. I could suppress them with an @ but from my testing, it is functional.

edit: and ew, the factions are hard coded.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sat, 13. Mar 21, 00:12

This Mod is just F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sat, 13. Mar 21, 22:05

Karvat wrote:
Sat, 13. Mar 21, 00:12
This Mod is just F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C
Indeed it is. However, this thread I believe is outdated. Make sure you are using his latest versions: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=434243
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

GameBurrow
x4

Post by GameBurrow » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 16:29

Does TaterTrade need some kind of COH compatilbility update? When I limited TaterTrade to Terrain only goods (selected each ware manually) and to TER/PIO sectors, it didn't find anything to do.

I use Steam Workshop version (but atm I've downloaded latest from Github (1.13) and overwitten it until Steam version is up to date again).
Last edited by GameBurrow on Wed, 17. Mar 21, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 17:20

GameBurrow wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 16:29
Does TaterTrade need some kind of COH compatilbility update? When I limited TaterTrade to Terrain only goods and to TER/PIO sectors, it didn't find anything to do.

I use Steam Workshop version (but atm I've downloaded latest from Github (1.13) and overwitten it until Steam version is up to date again).
It probably doesn't have the new Terran wares yet.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 17:24

GameBurrow wrote:
Does TaterTrade need some kind of COH compatilbility update? When I limited TaterTrade to Terrain only goods (selected each ware manually) and to TER/PIO sectors, it didn't find anything to do.

just uploaded CoH patch to steam/github

GameBurrow
x4

Post by GameBurrow » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 17:54

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 17:24
GameBurrow wrote:

just uploaded CoH patch to steam/github
Nice, thanks.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 21:39

Someone who understands these Mod mechanics should really take a look at the Gate Overhaul Mod now with 4.0, it's like if the new sectors with the Terrans and the ones of the Mod got mixed togheter. :? :o

okamitok
xr

Post by okamitok » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 21:58

Karvat wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 21:39
Someone who understands these Mod mechanics should really take a look at the Gate Overhaul Mod now with 4.0, it's like if the new sectors with the Terrans and the ones of the Mod got mixed togheter. :? :o
Hey Karvat development of Gate Overhaul has been stopped see here: https://github.com/DeadAirRT/DeadAirGateOverhaul

He has started a new v2 sort of for the series of mods, heres the thread for it viewtopic.php?f=181&t=434243

dedmoin2
x4

Post by dedmoin2 » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 16:12

I already wanted to give up on X4F for another year to see if v5.0 may bring what is still broken/missing..
when I found this mod and I am just amazed. Great job and your efforts put into this project are highly appreciated!

There is/was some kind of confusion on if the DeadAir stopped modding completely, if gateoverhaul mod is dead, if there is some new version and where to find it.

DeadAir seems to be active again, thank god :)

The gateoverhaul mod here seems to work fine with CoH as far as I can tell. I saw Terran ships crossing my sectors.
But now confusion starts.. I am using the Steam Workshop version of gateoverhaul and I am not even sure if there was an 4.0 update. Reading the chat it seems further updates on Steam are stopped until the latest changes are stable. But is the mod on Steam already updated for 4.0?

There is this link to the second thread:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=434243
with the title DeadAir Mods pt2. I read this as 'part 2' not as 'version 2' and indeed there is no gateoverhaul mod in the other thread. So those mods are extension / stand alone mods but do not replace gateoverhaul (yet)?
Edit: According to DeadAir on Steam, gateoverhault is discontinued because of the limitation of X4 engine and the size of the project. Newer mods will primarily build upon standard universe with some extensions like new factions.

I was following the links to github and downloaded the latest release of gateoverhaul, following the provided description.
I could not get the github version of gateoverhaul to work. Everythings seems fine but when starting a new game the loading screen stops somewhere between 96%-98%.

On the other hand the Steam version starts without problems and seem to run well with on the other DeadAir mods and with CoH.
But in Steam chat it is said it will not be updated until new stable version can be released but maybe it was already released?

In the content.xml only Split it mentioned.
And three optional Faction Enhancer mods. Steam/X4F tries to install them even when I didn't subscribe to them in the workshop, and fails but three folders are created. I have to delete those folders to remove the error for the next start.
Are those mods necessary? Or suggested?
Some features seem to be overlapping with features of DeadAir mods and other seem to be outdated (eg 'miners not goint into enemy sectors = replaced by blacklist)

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 13:58

to mod creator and other modders who can help ...

i mainly uses this mod to change the relations between all factions... is there ANY possible way to get JUST the faction relation part as a stand alone mod working ? or anyone has this done already ?

because iam about to kick out this mod because of the AI changes to ships and how they act .. i need 3 additional mods to let my XL and L ships attack a station. without fleeing after getting shot 3 times ....

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 09:07

Hey I saw an poll for enhance X4 universe, It proposes to improve the economy as well as to create several company or corporation which make an economic war besides, I will also propose it to FOCW

THIS IS : X4: Foundations – Corporations Expansion

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=449602&p=5143872#p5143872

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”