[MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Baconnaise
x4

Re: [MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 14:01

Riepah wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 12:39
I don't mind black people, but in my game there are too many. All the faction representatives of Terran Protectorate, Segaris Pioneers and Yaki are black women with afro haircuts. The haircuts are atrocious to begin with, but the fact that they are so incredibly common makes it worse. It also feels like there are hardly any Asians but way too many blacks.
All the hairstyles always left more to be desired since release TBH. The station walking is great but the 3D character models could use improvement. I do agree as in the show The Expanse when I read the books then watched the show I expected tall lanky Asian/Oriental folks for the most part. The most annoying character in the books and the show Naomi also got a race/body change. It's just weird seeing belters like Marcos and the background ones being short and stocky. The same thing sort of happens with Split and some of the others. Oh well. It's not a huge deal these days as I have to ignore many things these days as I never expect things to be just right especially anything with lore or book-based material.

Axel6430
x4

Post by Axel6430 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:46

LandogarX4 wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 02:57
Does this mod work with COH? I noticed that half the Terrans seem to be of African ancestry, even though today', Africa's population is equivalent to only 16.72% of the total world population. It's also not in line with previous x titles and Sci-Fi predictions about an Asian-dominated future or more mixed-race people.
Mod probably won't change Terrans, at the time of release every ethnicity had their own face model and texture. Since then, new face models with blend shapes and dynamic textures have been added, which enables more varied skin tones and head shapes. So all terran NPCs use a single female head model or a single male head model.

I assume Egosoft wanted to make a clean 33%/33%/33% split, if only to maximize model diversity and avoid clones as much as possible, but since they made a separate macro for black people to use their own hairstyles their numbers got jumbled and it resulted in a 25%/25%/50% split. (Also, maybe you don't see Asian terrans as often because they're in the same macro as white terrans, so what you usually see is a white/Asian mix).

Personally I don't mind the 70s fro, though its prevalence could be toned down I guess. Who knows, maybe it'll be back in fashion in a few centuries :v

ssnintf

Post by ssnintf » Tue, 18. May 21, 05:49

Is this mod updated for COH ? I feel like I'm playing X4: Wakanda

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 16:10

Axel6430 wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:46
LandogarX4 wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 02:57
Does this mod work with COH? I noticed that half the Terrans seem to be of African ancestry, even though today', Africa's population is equivalent to only 16.72% of the total world population. It's also not in line with previous x titles and Sci-Fi predictions about an Asian-dominated future or more mixed-race people.
Mod probably won't change Terrans, at the time of release every ethnicity had their own face model and texture. Since then, new face models with blend shapes and dynamic textures have been added, which enables more varied skin tones and head shapes. So all terran NPCs use a single female head model or a single male head model.

I assume Egosoft wanted to make a clean 33%/33%/33% split, if only to maximize model diversity and avoid clones as much as possible, but since they made a separate macro for black people to use their own hairstyles their numbers got jumbled and it resulted in a 25%/25%/50% split. (Also, maybe you don't see Asian terrans as often because they're in the same macro as white terrans, so what you usually see is a white/Asian mix).

Personally I don't mind the 70s fro, though its prevalence could be toned down I guess. Who knows, maybe it'll be back in fashion in a few centuries :v
This seems to be the best explanation. I don't want to remove any race, I like the diversity. However 25%/25%/50% is wrong anyway you look at it.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Bababa

Post by Bababa » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 11:19

ssnintf wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 05:49
Is this mod updated for COH ? I feel like I'm playing X4: Wakanda
It must be a honest (((mistake))) by the Devs like they did with the Argon at first.

The6atekeeper

Post by The6atekeeper » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 05:14

I clicked on this because I thought it was an Equality Mod and got really excited until I read the first sentence of the Description.......The Title makes this very Controversial and if YOU see it any other way YOU should not be using this Mod....

The6atekeeper

Post by The6atekeeper » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 05:15

The6atekeeper wrote:
Sun, 27. Jun 21, 05:14
I clicked on this because I thought it was an Equality Mod and got really excited until I read the first sentence of the Description.......The Title makes this very Controversial and if YOU see it any other way YOU should not be using this Mod....
In otherwords, I will NOT be and this should be suspended until another name is selected...

johnydlr
x3ap

Post by johnydlr » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 22:59

TBH, I really wish all human faces were replaced with blacked out helmets as they are all ugly as hell, let's face it Egosoft interpretation of human faces is and always was questionable at best, I may as well hire only Teladi as they look cute.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 08:15

johnydlr wrote:
Wed, 7. Jul 21, 22:59
TBH, I really wish all human faces were replaced with blacked out helmets as they are all ugly as hell, let's face it Egosoft interpretation of human faces is and always was questionable at best, I may as well hire only Teladi as they look cute.
Some of them look at you like they’re wondering how you would taste. :o
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

johnydlr
x3ap

Post by johnydlr » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:27

surferx wrote:
Thu, 8. Jul 21, 08:15
Some of them look at you like they’re wondering how you would taste. :o
Fine with me as at least there is an expression on their faces, human faces on the other hand resemble a pile of beaten up mashed potatoes with a different % of melanin added to it :lol:

Kimura
x3tc

Post by Kimura » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 16:11

I didn't realise how many degenerate racists apparently hang around on this forum, or even moderate it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 16:36

Kimura wrote:
Fri, 9. Jul 21, 16:11
I didn't realise how many degenerate racists apparently hang around on this forum, or even moderate it.
If you are going to report a thread on the English forum, please do so in English. Also, this thread is old and has already been dealt with. Your comment was unnecessary and also your snide remark unwelcome. This is already old news and there is no need to continue to bump this thread up since this mod isn't even relevant anymore. I will lock this thread now.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”