[MOD] Encounters

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Moonrat
x4

Re: [MOD] Encounters

Post by Moonrat » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 01:26

After some testing tonight I think I have possibly found the cause. I believe it is to do with the explosions reference associated with the two 'balloon' adsign macros. I need to do some further investigations and then I'll release a new version shortly with hopefully the fix in it which can run both in v5.10 and v6...
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 09:23

Oh nice. If you need someone else to test with, I would agree. After all, the error doesn't take 30 minutes for me to appear ... and I'm on the road in X4 "a few minutes longer" a day right now :)
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 00:15

Reisser wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 09:23
Oh nice. If you need someone else to test with, I would agree. After all, the error doesn't take 30 minutes for me to appear ... and I'm on the road in X4 "a few minutes longer" a day right now :)
Hi, thanks for the support. I'm not sure what might have changed but from what I have seen within the 6.0 BETA I have a suspicion that it may be related to 'AdSigns' and their explosion effect. In order that I have some more time to test (& remove) this bug and so that "Encounters" may become playable as a mod once again please download v1.4.2 using STEAM or from NEXUS (v1.4.2 currently has all AdSigns removed)

Please report any crashes etc. here. If you have a crash scenario right after a save-game please drop in someplace for me to collect if possible?

There is lots of possible logging enabled within "Encounters" because it generates stuff somewhat organically and this is the only way I can tell what it is generating. I have this within the "General" STEAM settings for "LAUNCH" options...

Code: Select all

-skipintro -debug all -logfile x4.log -scriptlogfiles
Try the above and see if you can find any correlation either in the "Encounter" logs or "X4" log. These are located within a folder like "D:\Users\<User>\Documents\Egosoft\X4\<NUMBER>\logs"

Thanks for your support.
[ external image ]

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 09:32

On NEXUS I had some good feedback that 1.4.2 appears to be stable with no crashes (so far) now that AdSigns have been removed.
However the following may be required for existing games (new games will effectively have this fix baked in) ...
  1. Remove Encounters
  2. Load SaveGame
  3. Idle for a while
  4. Save Game
  5. Enable Encounters 1.4.2
  6. Reload Game
Please try this and let me know if crashes are still occurring.
[ external image ]

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 16:21

I was in the hospital for the week, but now I'm downloading the new version as well. Fingers crossed! :)
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Wed, 5. Apr 23, 20:43

So, the new version runs for a few days and I don't have any more errors, that sounds good. Although ... I certainly didn't have any encounters either - mostly I sit on the station, push a few fleets around and script around on my mods :P

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 15:19

Question. Can we disable encounters with this mod or alter them in some way? I've been using an older mod to disable such things.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 18:21

Baconnaise wrote:
Sat, 15. Apr 23, 15:19
Question. Can we disable encounters with this mod or alter them in some way? I've been using an older mod to disable such things.
That'd be a very novel usage of all my 000's hours of work in building an alternative "encounters" mechanism, but in theory yes ( think) ...

if use the "NEXUS" version (or unpack the STEAM one), change the following variables in the "\extensions\encounters\md\encounters2.xml" file as follows...

<set_value name="Manager.$EnableShipEncounters" exact="0"/>
<set_value name="Manager.$EncounterVesselChance" exact="0"/>
<set_value name="Manager.$EncounterSubObjChance" exact="0"/>
I've not tested this... (please let me know)

NOTE : I'm currently checking my mod for X4 6.0 compatibility, the Boron DLC, adding new features and hopefully ensuring no more crashes occur due to X4 shader changes. This will take a little while... until then please use Encounters v1.4.2 (NEXUS)
[ external image ]

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 15:32

Moonrat wrote:
Sat, 15. Apr 23, 18:21
Baconnaise wrote:
Sat, 15. Apr 23, 15:19
That'd be a very novel usage of all my 000's hours of work in building an alternative "encounters" mechanism, but in theory yes ( think) ...

if use the "NEXUS" version (or unpack the STEAM one), change the following variables in the "\extensions\encounters\md\encounters2.xml" file as follows...

<set_value name="Manager.$EnableShipEncounters" exact="0"/>
<set_value name="Manager.$EncounterVesselChance" exact="0"/>
<set_value name="Manager.$EncounterSubObjChance" exact="0"/>
I've not tested this... (please let me know)

NOTE : I'm currently checking my mod for X4 6.0 compatibility, the Boron DLC, adding new features and hopefully ensuring no more crashes occur due to X4 shader changes. This will take a little while... until then please use Encounters v1.4.2 (NEXUS)
Thanks for the tip Moonrat. I do have your mod and was planning on trying it as intended in 6.0. I've also sometimes run a couple mods to remove khaak and disable encounters. It depends on what kind of playthrough on that save I wanted to accomplish. Generally speaking, I do that when I add more factions and zones, etc. Vanilla encounters and khaak get kind of weird when you start adding several sectors on top of factions.

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Fri, 5. May 23, 12:25

I had to remove the mod, because normal sector travel in Fires of Defeat would trigger the Xenon Hack encounter and make my life miserable. :D

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 5. May 23, 17:24

SimB wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 12:25
I had to remove the mod, because normal sector travel in Fires of Defeat would trigger the Xenon Hack encounter and make my life miserable. :D
Sorry, can you please explain. What do you mean by "the Xenon Hack" encounter?
[ external image ]

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Sun, 7. May 23, 21:48

I mean that I get the message in the moddle of the screen that I am getting hacked by Xenon and a few seconds later my screen goes black and about 30 Xenon ships are surrounding me.

Jams79
x4

Post by Jams79 » Tue, 9. May 23, 11:14

SimB wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 21:48
I mean that I get the message in the moddle of the screen that I am getting hacked by Xenon and a few seconds later my screen goes black and about 30 Xenon ships are surrounding me.
Pretty sure this mod doesn't cause that as I had the same problem and never used it.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Tue, 9. May 23, 22:58

Jams79 wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 11:14
SimB wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 21:48
Pretty sure this mod doesn't cause that as I had the same problem and never used it.
Thanks for the independent confirmation. I have been wracking my brains and I can't for the life of me think how "Encounters" would trigger the "Xenon Hack" mission... I suspect it's either another mod or the vanilla game itself.
[ external image ]

hvas2n

Post by hvas2n » Wed, 24. Jan 24, 18:25

shadergl\high_spec\xu_particles Crash-Error 1.4.2 Version
sometimes even when loading a saved game.
:(

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”