[MOD] XPANed Sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Volken32

Re: [MOD] XPANed Sectors

Post by Volken32 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 10:38

Skalarmvp wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 11:38
Hello

I just wanna thank for this excellet mod and also the update for v 4.0. I saw that two of there new sectors are colliding on Map with other mods that add sectors to map.
Gunne's Crusade collide with Triton from Rise of the Ossian Raider
Adventure's promise collide with Lost colony from X Universe +
Thanks for letting me know, I will work something out for the next version.

V0id_88

Post by V0id_88 » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 10:57

Great, thanks for the update. I forget about the forum and mainly check the Nexus.

As already mentioned, "Adventure's Promise" is in place of Universe+ mod. I'd rather see the system somewhere in the southeast. And I would attach Tartarus to Hewa's Twin V instead of Trinity Sanctum VII.

The north and west are occupied by dlc's and Universe+. The south and east are very empty. I didn't fly into "Hewas Twin" in any of my games. This whole part of the map seems strangely located and connected to me. Personally, I would connect some new sectors to "Turquoise Sea, Hewas Twin V, Sacred Relic" or "Tharka's Ravine". Maybe there will be Borons or Khaaks :D

Anyway, thanks and looking forward to the next update.
Last edited by V0id_88 on Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:09, edited 2 times in total.

V0id_88

Post by V0id_88 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 11:41

I figured out how to change the location of sectors and gate connections. I no longer have any conflicts with other modes. But I have a problem with lags and fps drop in Gunne's Crusade, Adventures Promise and Prometheus IV. Any idea why that?

Angsaar
x4

Post by Angsaar » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 17:10

V0id_88 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 11:41
I figured out how to change the location of sectors and gate connections. I no longer have any conflicts with other modes. But I have a problem with lags and fps drop in Gunne's Crusade, Adventures Promise and Prometheus IV. Any idea why that?
Gunne's Crusade makes use of a type of fog that cripples my GPU (1070Ti, so nothing ancient), gobbling up half or more my fps in some sectors, it might be the same issue for you. I'll never understand why Egosoft used an effect this wasteful performance-wise for some barely noticeable background fogs.

In extensions\xpan\libraries\region_definitions.xml

Look for ​anything starting with
<positional ref="fog_

And change it's densityfactor to
densityfactor="0.0"

With the fogs/dust (27 FPS, 100% GPU Utilization):
i.imgur.com/7Bd7QFH.jpg

Without the fogs/dust (140 FPS, 69% GPU Utilization):
i.imgur.com/PWjYrki.jpg

The edit:
i.imgur.com/6ewDNOs.jpg

V0id_88

Post by V0id_88 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:08

Angsaar wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 17:10
V0id_88 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 11:41
Gunne's Crusade makes use of a type of fog that cripples my GPU (1070Ti, so nothing ancient), gobbling up half or more my fps in some sectors, it might be the same issue for you. I'll never understand why Egosoft used an effect this wasteful performance-wise for some barely noticeable background fogs.

In extensions\xpan\libraries\region_definitions.xml

Look for ​anything starting with
<positional ref="fog_

And change it's densityfactor to
densityfactor="0.0"

With the fogs/dust (27 FPS, 100% GPU Utilization):
i.imgur.com/7Bd7QFH.jpg

Without the fogs/dust (140 FPS, 69% GPU Utilization):
i.imgur.com/PWjYrki.jpg

The edit:
i.imgur.com/6ewDNOs.jpg
Great, it works, thanks man.

V0id_88

Post by V0id_88 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 23:39

Hi again. I'm trying to add new gates and I can't create new connections outside of xpan. I create gates, but they are inactive. Any idea why? The new connection of 2 xpan sectors is fine, but not to the Split sector, for example. I had no problem with the Universe+ mod, but it wrote the new gates directly to the game folder (zones.xml). Xpan has its own xpan_zones.xml, can that be the problem? Thanks for the tips
Last edited by V0id_88 on Mon, 12. Apr 21, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Valinir
x3ap

Post by Valinir » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 15:41

Hey is this mod compatible with rise of the ossian and x universum + ?

Crekkan
x4

Post by Crekkan » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 16:01

Valinir wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 15:41
Hey is this mod compatible with rise of the ossian and x universum + ?
With Ossian there is apparently a conflict with Gunnes Crusade/Triton, and X Universum + with Adventures Promise/Lost Colony. I think there is a way to resolve it via deleting the appropriate sector cluster in the macros and components .xml, as well as in the mapdefaults .xml where you will be able to find which cluster a sector belongs to. I wouldn't know much else since I only wrote the sector descriptions, but that is the area you need to find.

V0id_88

Post by V0id_88 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 13:15

V0id_88 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 23:39
Hi again. I'm trying to add new gates and I can't create new connections outside of xpan. I create gates, but they are inactive. Any idea why? The new connection of 2 xpan sectors is fine, but not to the Split sector, for example. I had no problem with the Universe+ mod, but it wrote the new gates directly to the game folder (zones.xml). Xpan has its own xpan_zones.xml, can that be the problem? Thanks for the tips
Forget it, I'm just blind.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 13:41

@V0id_88 could you maybe upload your version (and a map screenshot or some description of the connections) that is compatible with universe+ ? I haven't added that yet, as I have not decided on a home sector yet, but I will soon and I'd run into exactly the same problem you have with compatibility. Thought I may go the easy way and just use your version. :P
Iucundi acti labores

Valinir
x3ap

Post by Valinir » Wed, 5. May 21, 20:49

is this mod still alive?

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Mon, 31. May 21, 20:15

It seems someone made/refreshed it:
See https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription
Say's its now 28 sectors, for both DLCs.
Dont know much, found it by change...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”