[Mod] Weapon Pack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] Weapon Pack

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:17

Give me some minutes. I need to reproduce it and check if I can fix it.
If you are right it could make some trouble depending on how many of the turrets they want to build from mine. If its 100% then this will result in stations without turrets for Xenons. If its 10% its no big deal.

Edit: I just checked the wares file and there are no Xenon mentioned. I am a bit confused how they can build the turrets.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:53

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:17
Edit: I just checked the wares file and there are no Xenon mentioned. I am a bit confused how they can build the turrets.
I don’t know) But I’m sure that this is somehow connected with the addition of turrets.
A good example, just started a new game with a Weapon Pack only and Split DLC.

Xenon Defence Station:
Spoiler
Show
Xenon Power Plant:
Spoiler
Show
Xenon Shipyard and Wharf has autocannons too.

Xenon Wharf is ok:
Spoiler
Show
But Xenon Shipyard is not:
Spoiler
Show

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 14:22

MrBubble wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:53
stuff
You dont need to send me more screenshots. I already fixed it (I think). I added a militaryequipment license as requirement to build the turrets and after that I couldnt find any Xenon stations with 280mm guns anymore. All other turrets had such a restriction already, so this might be the reason why you only saw this gun on Xenon stations.

You might double check if it works on your side as well.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 19:13

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 14:22
You dont need to send me more screenshots. I already fixed it (I think). I added a militaryequipment license as requirement to build the turrets and after that I couldnt find any Xenon stations with 280mm guns anymore. All other turrets had such a restriction already, so this might be the reason why you only saw this gun on Xenon stations.

You might double check if it works on your side as well.
Thank's man.
It really helped. Not only the turrets from the stations disappeared, but the turret components at the start of a new game also ceased to appear at the xenon shipyard)

zedfactor
x4

Post by zedfactor » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 21:01

What are the implications to an existing game? Will it simply sort itself out over time or does it break their economy, etc.?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 23:39

zedfactor wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 21:01
What are the implications to an existing game? Will it simply sort itself out over time or does it break their economy, etc.?
It will resolve itself. In fact its not a big deal because the buildings at the start of an old game simply use 280mm cannons instead of Xenon M turrets (and only if you started after the version that added 280mm guns). But all L turrets are still Xenon and work as they should.
Also from now on all new built buildings work correct. So no need to start a new game.

The only thing that might happen is that you will see some (but I guess very rare) buildings from Xenon with no M turrets but these will be destroyed quick and rebuilt with Xenon turrets.
Last edited by Max Bain on Tue, 21. Apr 20, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

zedfactor
x4

Post by zedfactor » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 23:45

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 23:39
zedfactor wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 21:01
It will resolve itself. In fact its not a big deal because the buildings at the start of a new game simply use 280mm cannons instead of Xenon M turrets. But all L turrets are still Xenon.
Also from now on all new build buildings work correct now. So no need to start a new game.

The only thing that migh happen is that you will see some (but I guess very rare) buildings from Xenon with no M turrets but these will be destroyed quick and rebuilt with Xenon turrets.
Awesome! Thanks for that clarification & for the continued contributions towards making this game pretty freakin' sweet.

RPINerd
x4

Post by RPINerd » Wed, 27. May 20, 23:02

Here's a bit of an odd question, and feel free to tell me to RTFM if this is out of the scope of discussion on the mod page, but how would one go about restricting weapon pack turrets to player-only usage? :roll:

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 3. Jun 20, 13:01

RPINerd wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 23:02
Here's a bit of an odd question, and feel free to tell me to RTFM if this is out of the scope of discussion on the mod page, but how would one go about restricting weapon pack turrets to player-only usage? :roll:
I think there were several threads about something similar with custom ships only buildable by the player, but I dont know the exact answer how to do it.
You could search the forum for this question just use ships instead of weapons and you should find a thread about it.

RayF

Post by RayF » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 22:06

Max,
its a great mod,
but i do have a request if i may.

I am not using vro mod (yet!) and the turrets are way toooo powerful. my raddlesnake just decimated a xenon I and xenon K in just 2-3 mins. not fair :)

i cant ask you to make another nurfed version,
so,
can you please tell me what to change to make the damage like half of what the current values are?

many thanks.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 23:25

RayF wrote:
Fri, 12. Jun 20, 22:06
Max,
its a great mod,
but i do have a request if i may.

I am not using vro mod (yet!) and the turrets are way toooo powerful. my raddlesnake just decimated a xenon I and xenon K in just 2-3 mins. not fair :)

i cant ask you to make another nurfed version,
so,
can you please tell me what to change to make the damage like half of what the current values are?

many thanks.
Hi,

glad you like it.
Im sorry that I only offer the VRO version, but I have already too many mods that I have to support and I want to give as good support to all my mods as possible.

If you want to lower the damage that is very easy. You need to extract the .cat files if you downloaded the mod from steam with the XR Cat tool from Egosoft or you download the mod from Nexus which comes extracted already.
After that you go to this folder:

Code: Select all

WeaponPack\assets\fx\weaponfx\macros
In these macros you will find the damage values for all weapons in this mod.
Just lower the damage, rate of fire or reduce the range to your liking.

I think that you dont even need to pack the file back to a .cat version to play the mod (Windows 7 is an exception I believe).

Enjoy!

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 20:16

Many thanks Max,
will change the damage and ranges..

Also,
I think there is something weird going on with one of your M turrets..dont remember exactly which one, but it is classified as a M turret and in encyclopedia it shows as an L and even when you install it on a M turret it says "L turret" even though its an M turret..dont know if that was intended..take a look if you have the time..

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 21:27

There is one turret that is an M turret but only fits on L ships (I think its the M Plasma Artillery but not 100% sure). This is intended or do you mean something else? If you can tell me the exact turret I can have a look at it and see if its correct or not.

RPINerd
x4

Post by RPINerd » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 22:28

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 13. Jun 20, 21:27
There is one turret that is an M turret but only fits on L ships (I think its the M Plasma Artillery but not 100% sure). This is intended or do you mean something else? If you can tell me the exact turret I can have a look at it and see if its correct or not.
There are several that are like this, I believe the same is true with the 280mm autocannon. They're M turrets but are only for use on L ships. Somewhere on one of the mod pages (probably on nexus) the reasoning behind this is explained but I can't remember exactly what it was off the top of my head.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 23:17

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 13. Jun 20, 21:27
No i think thats not it.

You have 3 Medium turrets. Out of the 3 I can only fit the 280mm canon on my Dragon. I think this is what you intended.
The weird one in the Argon M rapid fire something..Only the ARG . this does not happen with the SPL ( I think! )

In the encyclopedia there are two ARG L rapid fire weapons, (for some reason)
and when you fit one on an L ship, instead of saying "ARG M Rapid fire ..." it says "ARG L rapid fire..."

i am not sure whats going on there..I hope I make some sense..

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 23:08

I just uploaded a new version with many changes.

I also added argon Quad Pulse Laser Cutter:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1F9B76EBB/
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 11. Apr 21, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 06:16

Awesome, thanks for the update and the work you've been doing on this. Can't wait to give it a go :)
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 19:05

Showcase of new terran weapons coming in the next version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PppeTUJwCY

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 11:49

Hi, I think the 1.1.7 version on Nexus is not good because it is only 1.8MB instead of 4MB. I'm also trying to translate it into French and I see that there is only the
- Large / Medium Plasma Artillery
- Intimidator
- Rapid Plasma Cannon
- 280mm Autocannon
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 12:03

o-papaya-o wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 11:49
Hi, I think the 1.1.7 version on Nexus is not good because it is only 1.8MB instead of 4MB. I'm also trying to translate it into French and I see that there is only the
- Large / Medium Plasma Artillery
- Intimidator
- Rapid Plasma Cannon
- 280mm Autocannon
The file size is OK, the mod is not very large and it is compressed.
But what do you mean there are just these 4 weapons? Are you talking about the text file? The weapons in game? Keep in mind that not each race/faction has all weapons available.

I will (hopefully) soon upload the new version with terran weapons.
Maybe you can use this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zb3kcts5ux82e2/0001.xml?dl=0 to create the frensh translation? If you can send it to me within the next hours, I could put the frensh translation into it with the next update.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”