[MOD] Reactive Factions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Re: [MOD] Reactive Factions

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Mon, 17. Feb 20, 02:13

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 23:30
ledhead900 wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 23:05
Woo this bad boy is official much changed since the version 0.5 I had been using ?

Balance wise it was pretty good how did you go with the notification area.
I think he changed notifications over to tips but haven't looked at the code today. It should mostly be the same i believe. I thought shuulo's balancing was very well done so i didn't touch any.
The balance is well done that is what I told him too, he asked me if it was too aggressive and I did not think it was, I only commented that the notifications need work with a system like this the log is not ideal but it is better than nothing it was just hard to keep track, more so if you use SETA.

I believe he is making the move to SimpleMenuApi tho it might be a separate addition to the Log since without SimpleMenuAPI the mod will still show the logs but with SimpleMenuAPI it will load the UI Lua edits and I suggested the goal for this be to create a mouse hover pop up in the player rep menu so you can hover over the faction and get a shortlist of enemy or friend a possible what they deem your threat to be as an overall % If he needs a hand with the LUA aspect I am happy to help I am not pro coder but I have used LUA before for several other projects and I can syntax check for him as I already have the LUA API integrated on my system for full error checking and I can even run the code locally and see if it halts anywhere without going in-game.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 18. Feb 20, 10:54

DeadAirRT wrote:
ledhead900 wrote:
Woo this bad boy is official much changed since the version 0.5 I had been using ?

I think he changed notifications over to tips but haven't looked at the code today. It should mostly be the same i believe. I thought shuulo's balancing was very well done so i didn't touch any.
I just changed logbook entry to TIPS category and increased time of show_help on screen form 10 to 30 sec so players do not miss that easily.
No other changes so far, but im thinking to refactor code a bit to move excluded factions to one single variable, so it can be updated by third-party mods if they add some "evil" factions and dont want them to be part of that.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 18. Feb 20, 14:23

Interesting, if there were more sub factions for xen
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 18. Feb 20, 15:00

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 18. Feb 20, 10:54
DeadAirRT wrote:
ledhead900 wrote:

I just changed logbook entry to TIPS category and increased time of show_help on screen form 10 to 30 sec so players do not miss that easily.
No other changes so far, but im thinking to refactor code a bit to move excluded factions to one single variable, so it can be updated by third-party mods if they add some "evil" factions and dont want them to be part of that.
I'm going to work on dynamically grabbing factions in my mod, when i finish, i can just port it over if you'd like.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 16:45

I have a suggestion for this mod that might be part of a solution for a global problem. Many players report that either Xenon are too weak or too strong and either they got destroyed or they destroy the other races.

What if some kind of similar system that this mod offers happens for NPC races as well?

What if the reputation between races change depending on their strength.
Think about it as a threat level. If a race becomes stronger and stronger the other races might think "we must interact or they will overwhelm the whole universe" and lower their reputation to enemy. Also the opposite could happen. For example if a race has only 3 or less sectors left, the enemy races might think "they are no threat anymore. Just let them live in their cave" and they will become neutral to this faction again.

This should only be an option for real races and not Xenon or Khaak and pirates.

For example:

For each sector a race conqueres, the reputation of the neighbouring races will be lowered by -5 or so. For each sector it loses the reputation will be increased by +5.
This will result in a situation, where races that become too strong will automatically have more enemies and weaker races will have good chances to survive because they will get new allies and less enemies. They then only need to deal with Xenons.

Could be a great addition for this mod I think, what do you think?
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 17:01

Check my dynamic war mod max. I recently implemented such a system.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 19. Mar 20, 14:24

I searched on Steam and Nexus and couldnt find a mod called Dynamic War. Where is it?
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 19. Mar 20, 14:32

Max Bain wrote:
Thu, 19. Mar 20, 14:24
I searched on Steam and Nexus and couldn't find a mod called Dynamic War. Where is it?
Its not yet released - find it here, I think he plans to release it with 3.0

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 19. Mar 20, 14:39

Hm.. the description is a bit too short. I would like to know what this mod does in detail before I use it. I will wait until it is released and DeadAir will post a more detailed description.

Also when I read the events, I must admit, that I dont like it that much. When you can lose an allied with 5% chance and he istantly becomes an enemy with -30 relation thats too much without a warning and a progress with different levels where you can react to it.
I would prefer that my idea would be integrated into a separate or this mod :(.

Edit: DeadAir explained me more in detail how his mod works. Its more complicated than it is described and indeed offers some catchup mechanic that is a bit random. But still it can happen that some allied factions can become enemies from one moment to the other. So his mod works different than what I have suggested and I still think that there is place for suh a mod wven when I like his approach also and will try it out if it will be released in a final state.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 04:59

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 19. Mar 20, 14:32
Max Bain wrote:
Thu, 19. Mar 20, 14:24
I searched on Steam and Nexus and couldn't find a mod called Dynamic War. Where is it?
Its not yet released - find it here, I think he plans to release it with 3.0
DeadAir just does not like using multiple sources until release which I understand..
but hey with all of us at home now mostly we can play and test SPLIT without work in the way.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 24. Mar 20, 20:33

Could this also work with Immersive Corporations? As in, NPC owned corporations that only tend to do business with one faction or alliance of factions, and as they do so, lose rep with the enemies of those factions?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 16:38

it should
Its coded to be mostly faction-neutral, so should work with any number of added factions, only factions listed in the code are xenons, khaaks and few others that you should not be friends with anyway or if it will not make sense for them.

Godis

Post by Godis » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 23:47

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 16:38
it should
Its coded to be mostly faction-neutral, so should work with any number of added factions, only factions listed in the code are xenons, khaaks and few others that you should not be friends with anyway or if it will not make sense for them.
Then the mod also works with the new DLC without an update?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 23:48

Godis wrote:
Tue, 31. Mar 20, 23:47
Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 16:38
it should
Then the mod also works with the new DLC without an update?
correct

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 11:53

Kind of debating on this and more on the war one. I love the concepts a lot. I feel like this one would punish the player a lot where the other one be more up and down. That being said I have a bad habbit of being friendly with factions from time to time and I kind of want to avoid that. For example Split hate Argon. I want to stay and be that way though I might slip up and do bad haha. I guess I need more self control.

But now the Dynamic War one sounds cool but maybe a bit too dynamic I saw it has a 5% chance to drastically do a 360 change. The good news there if I don't use this mod and my traders and miners keep dong what their doing it will not impact too much. But if I mix both mods then all hell can break lose too haha.

It's such a hard choice both of the mods have me excited but also a bit worried. I don't plan on doing massive overhaul or changes in this play through either though I find these to be minor but really unique concepts.

In a lot of ways I wish My starting Faction I pick would be a bit more at war with another faction that we both can sort of team up and conquer the universe rather then all the sudden me killing my starting factions allies.

Sorry I'm lost I guess I wanted to share my tired brain :) 6am lol

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 17:59

The secret to success if you are using both this and dynamic war mod is to stay and support one selected faction, dynamic war also allows you to negotiation and pay money for factions to resolve their wars, so if you are reach you can actually make some of factions that you want to not fight that often

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 19:31

Kane Hart wrote:
Sat, 11. Apr 20, 11:53
Kind of debating on this and more on the war one. I love the concepts a lot. I feel like this one would punish the player a lot where the other one be more up and down. That being said I have a bad habbit of being friendly with factions from time to time and I kind of want to avoid that. For example Split hate Argon. I want to stay and be that way though I might slip up and do bad haha. I guess I need more self control.

But now the Dynamic War one sounds cool but maybe a bit too dynamic I saw it has a 5% chance to drastically do a 360 change. The good news there if I don't use this mod and my traders and miners keep dong what their doing it will not impact too much. But if I mix both mods then all hell can break lose too haha.

It's such a hard choice both of the mods have me excited but also a bit worried. I don't plan on doing massive overhaul or changes in this play through either though I find these to be minor but really unique concepts.

In a lot of ways I wish My starting Faction I pick would be a bit more at war with another faction that we both can sort of team up and conquer the universe rather then all the sudden me killing my starting factions allies.

Sorry I'm lost I guess I wanted to share my tired brain :) 6am lol
You could always edit the weight portion on dynamic for besties and nemesis to 0 to stop them from happening

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 01:12

1.4 released:
- fixed some bugs
- improved assets total value calculation

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 08:26

Is this save to install mid-game or does it require a new game to be started? How about uninstalling mid-game? :)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 19:18

Phiolin wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 08:26
Is this save to install mid-game or does it require a new game to be started? How about uninstalling mid-game? :)
you can add or remove mid game

note that if you remove, it will stay at the current relations and will not revert changes that occured

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”