[MOD] Reaction Force

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ScandyNav
x4

Re: [MOD] Reaction Force

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 6. May 20, 20:58

ShiBDiB wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 19:53
ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 11:17
ShiBDiB wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 01:42
2.0.2 Released
That dragon of mine still behave like a patrol. Ignoring docking if idle. Just patrolling. It started after 2.0.1 update and continued into 2.0.2
Will try with another ship.
The dragon is a corvette, does the station it's assigned to have open M docking bays?
6S3M dock , so it should be.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Sun, 10. May 20, 15:56

Two things that might need to be fixed:
- Whenever my reaction force fleet has killed all targets in range, I get an "Awaiting Orders" voice prompt from them. This adds up significantly to several times per minute, so I permanently have someone whispering "Awaiting Orders" in my ear now. ;)
- When I "Remove All Orders and Assignments" from the reaction force fleet leader, this will only remove the script from the fleet leader but not from all the subordinates. So if you want to remove the command from a larger fleet, you'll have to unassign all the ships, forcing you to rebuild the complete fleet, unless I have missed an easier way to do this...?

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Sun, 10. May 20, 20:17

Phiolin wrote:
Sun, 10. May 20, 15:56
Two things that might need to be fixed:
- Whenever my reaction force fleet has killed all targets in range, I get an "Awaiting Orders" voice prompt from them. This adds up significantly to several times per minute, so I permanently have someone whispering "Awaiting Orders" in my ear now. ;)
- When I "Remove All Orders and Assignments" from the reaction force fleet leader, this will only remove the script from the fleet leader but not from all the subordinates. So if you want to remove the command from a larger fleet, you'll have to unassign all the ships, forcing you to rebuild the complete fleet, unless I have missed an easier way to do this...?
I will look into these
-----
My Mods
Go Home Drone, Reaction Force, Disable Story, Pay The Builder, Landlord, Training Exercise
Github with the latest (Unstable) Versions
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

talentless

Post by talentless » Sun, 17. May 20, 20:56

Since you are using the gatedistance component property, I have noticed that gatedistance from eighteen billion to grand exchange is 6 and not 1 as you would expect. From Napolios Fortune togrand exchange is 7 instead of 1. Note that this is not symmetric, gatedistances from both EB and NF to GE are 1 as expected. Since you are measuring distance from event to home, if you setup home at grand exchange, which I guess no short number of players will do since it is pretty much the center and where PHQ is located, pretty much your ship will not react to anything out of there unless is towards the Black Hole sun direction.. Have you observed this as well, or is it only hapenning to me?

sandalle
x4

Post by sandalle » Mon, 18. May 20, 19:38

talentless wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 20:56
Since you are using the gatedistance component property, I have noticed that gatedistance from eighteen billion to grand exchange is 6 and not 1 as you would expect. From Napolios Fortune togrand exchange is 7 instead of 1. Note that this is not symmetric, gatedistances from both EB and NF to GE are 1 as expected. Since you are measuring distance from event to home, if you setup home at grand exchange, which I guess no short number of players will do since it is pretty much the center and where PHQ is located, pretty much your ship will not react to anything out of there unless is towards the Black Hole sun direction.. Have you observed this as well, or is it only hapenning to me?
This sounds like the vanilla bugs Eighteen Billion -> Grand Exchange I shortest distance (or how Egosoft successfully created artificial stupidity) and [3.0] Unable to teleport from Eighteen Billion to HQ - Fix in a future build.

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Tue, 19. May 20, 05:03

talentless wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 20:56
I can try to find a better way to figure out ranges, but as the other reply says I think it's just the awful pathfinding that comes with the game (which apparently this specific issue is known and planned to be fixed)
-----
My Mods
Go Home Drone, Reaction Force, Disable Story, Pay The Builder, Landlord, Training Exercise
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

talentless

Post by talentless » Tue, 26. May 20, 22:26

They have fixed it only for teleportation I think. The game has the ability to calculate correct paths. When they use get_global_path call it's ok, when they use get_jump_path call it's not ok. <component>.gatedistance it is also not ok. I have looked into this in detail here: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=426678. I think there is something more into it because the dev don't provide any feedback. So far I am patching my way through but it cannot really be delivered in any reasonable mod form, too patchy.

My suggestion would be to get the distance in both directions A->B and B->A and take the lowest. I think that in your case you should take travel blacklists into account as well, so <component>.gatedistance...<blacklistgroup>...

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 27. May 20, 00:57

talentless wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 22:26
They have fixed it only for teleportation I think. The game has the ability to calculate correct paths. When they use get_global_path call it's ok, when they use get_jump_path call it's not ok. <component>.gatedistance it is also not ok. I have looked into this in detail here: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=426678. I think there is something more into it because the dev don't provide any feedback. So far I am patching my way through but it cannot really be delivered in any reasonable mod form, too patchy.

My suggestion would be to get the distance in both directions A->B and B->A and take the lowest. I think that in your case you should take travel blacklists into account as well, so <component>.gatedistance...<blacklistgroup>...
using $object.gatedistance.{$sector}.{$blacklistgroup}.{$object} will return a distance of -1 if the sector is blacklisted or it has no route without passing through a blacklisted sector.

talentless

Post by talentless » Wed, 27. May 20, 01:12

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 00:57
talentless wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 22:26

using $object.gatedistance.{$sector}.{$blacklistgroup}.{$object} will return a distance of -1 if the sector is blacklisted or it has no route without passing through a blacklisted sector.
True. I also expect it to return a longer distance if there is a route with no blacklisted sectors that is not the shortest one with blacklisted sectors. But I agree that is debatable whether it would be desirable for patrols to traverse blacklisted sectors or not, and also depends a lot on how the sub orders/scripts are going to behave with them.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Fri, 29. May 20, 19:59

Do the reaction force react only for the player's assets or for calls for help from any non-player-owned ship as well?

Cause I had a report of reaction force reacting and then a minute or two later I lose reputation with friendly HOP for unauthorized kill that I know would never attack me.

Also, is it possible to change the reaction notification from coordinates to sector name?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 31. May 20, 08:34

IF this mod is still being worked on I would like to add 3 suggestions:

- make it possible to have a blacklist of factions that should not be attacked

- option to set whether the reaction force will help non-player-employed AI or not and which faction

- and, this is THE MOST important: which class of ships to attack

Anthoam
x4

Post by Anthoam » Sun, 31. May 20, 19:42

ShiBDiB I translated some of your mods and pulled a request on GitHub to add it, but can't understand this site so I don't know if it worked.

If not I can do it again :)

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 19:23

Phiolin wrote:
Yes, this is very annoying. I have stopped using this great mod because of this.

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 21:03

MiFoludek wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 19:23
Phiolin wrote:
Yes, this is very annoying. I have stopped using this great mod because of this.
I'll make sure this is fixed in the next release. Been on a break from modding/x4 with the nice weather.
-----
My Mods
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Wed, 30. Dec 20, 01:57

Mod appears to work fine with 4.0, let me know if that is not the case for anyone
-----
My Mods
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

Osbot
x4

Post by Osbot » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 06:56

I have to reiterate a request, the option to react to capital ships or not.

Setting up small reaction force patrols of fighters to protect trade/mining ships turns into a nightmare when they converge on capital ships, which are largely NOT a problem for traders/miners to run away from.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 17:55

When my ship/fleet responds to a distress call it then continues with order to "Protect that ship" for so long that I have to manually cancel that order. What is the timeline for that order before they go back to doing what they were?

Also, do reaction forces respond to distress from other factions by default or is it possible to somehow turn it off?

daBeschi
x4

Post by daBeschi » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 19:08

Hello,

I have also a request for an option. Sometimes they react to a ship in xenon space and commit suicide. An option to toggle "fly to enemy space" would be great.

Greetings

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 22:51

Btw., any way of preventing my rep from sinking?

I just had a case in Morning Star sector where my Reaction Force attacked a Rattlesnake Marauder with ARG markings (but it seems it as a FAF in disguise since my rep with FAF went down), which kept deploying laser towers before it was destroyed, and killing it and the towers tanked my rep with Fallen Families. Is it possible to avoid this? After all, the Marauder either attacked my ship or an AI ship first, I shouldn't be getting punished for it.

chh2tx
x4

Post by chh2tx » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:50

Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 17:55
When my ship/fleet responds to a distress call it then continues with order to "Protect that ship" for so long that I have to manually cancel that order. What is the timeline for that order before they go back to doing what they were?

Also, do reaction forces respond to distress from other factions by default or is it possible to somehow turn it off?
I'm having this same issue. Unfortunate.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”