[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets

Post by Realspace » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 16:34

I've done a quickfix for the terran sectors. This is only a quick mod, more will come
This addon changes only the stars in the milky way and the planets Mars, Jupiter and Brennan's Triumph. Other planets will be improved later

COH dlc is required of course
Instruction: unzip and put the subst_02 files inside the STARS mod folder

I added a new ReShade setting that, I think, make the terran sectors look better, it is made with a ingame setting's GAMMA at 0.90

Go to the same page and look for the addon file https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

New Mars:
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 763449.png

New Brennan's Triumph
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 857848.png

New Jupiter
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 840532.png
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 27. Jul 21, 19:40, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Action_Parsnip

Post by Action_Parsnip » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 15:21

Hi

I may be being a bit dumn here but... where do I put the .ini file for the reshade and do I need to download reshade itself? or do I just plop this .ini file down somewhere inside the game and it works that way??

Thanks!

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 23:25

Hi everyone !

I've found a solution for the issue with COH fix in 4.10, IT IS NOT A GREAT ONE.

Basically, I've unpacked every ".cat" files in the "ego_dlc_terran" which are in the extensions folder.

To unpack the ".cat", use the Catalog Tool from X Rebirth, you find it here under "Unpacking the Game Files":

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=402452

After that, I've unpacked the "subst_02.cat" and copy/paste the "assets"
folder (ONLY THIS FOLDER NOT THE "libraries") into the "assets" folder
inside the unpacked "ego_dlc_terran" in the extensions.

Last step is to delete the ".cat" files which are the following:

ext_01.cat
ext_01_sig.cat
ext_02.cat
ext_02_sig.cat
ext_03.cat
ext_03_sig.cat

Then you can launch the game and you should see a beautiful Mars.

There is propably an easier solution by modifying the "material_library.xml" in the librairies folder (when "subst_02.cat" is unpacked) but I haven't been able to found a good solution so far.

Do not use the "subst_02.cat"/"subst_02.dat" at all.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Nov 21, 12:29

Sorry guys the mod needs me making a patch for the COH's material_library.xml. The mod is currently using a not patched file but a whole subst, so it can create issues since it was made with the 4.0 version. I don't play X4 now, but be sure I'll make a new final edition of my mod when the game is "finished" and all the modding tools released: galaxy editor, planet editor etc.
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 11. Nov 21, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Fri, 5. Nov 21, 21:04

Great to know !

It's a really great mod, take your time and I'm looking forward to the tools as well ^^

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets (V2.1 - 03/2022)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 11. Mar 22, 21:08

MOD V 2.1 is released

The mod is updated to X4 4.2 and has a lot of improvements in the backgrounds.

Unfortunally I had to revert some gas giants back to vanilla, because the game stopped loading my custom textures (don't ask me why :| )
Should you find some other invisible gas giant or planet, just edit the material_library.xml, look for the sector (I put the name of the sector at the start of each section) and disable or delete the corresponding <REPLACE> </REPLACE>section

Please rename mod's folder to STARS, it is currently named STARS_release_2.1 otherwise the mod won't work
I forgot to change the name before packing

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 22:38

Any chance this MOD works for 5.0 and ToA DLC?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 22:59

Eriodas wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 22:38
Any chance this MOD works for 5.0 and ToA DLC?
I am uploading right now version 2.2
I will eventually update it for Tides of Avarice, but I still have a lot of work to do to optimize the planet's shaders and am also working on two other mods, Engine mod and a galaxy map remake
I will eventually...the pack in my mod should definetly change some texture used in ToA, probably the skyes, but I still have not the dcl to see it

Realspace
x4

[MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets (V2.2 - 03/2022)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:46

Version 2.2 is downloadable
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/

New gas giants are back, new planets too

Mars has been redone, it has atmosphere, now it shows

I've added a main menu replacement, only planet Mars, no stations no ships no logo, see in the optional files

I've reduced the local fog, it's less intrusive now. If you don't like, just delete the region_definitions.xml file
There is a mod in the nexus to delete it completely, or you can edit the above file changing the parameters to zero

Eriodas

Re: [MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets (V2.2 - 03/2022)

Post by Eriodas » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 15:26

Thank you very much. I totally loved how space look with your mod and i was waiting to see if you had the time to update it (i know you work in other mods too).

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 10:24

Can the mod still be used if ToA is installed? I can't play without the mod but also don't want to play without Toa :(

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 11:32

Mr.Freud wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 10:24
Can the mod still be used if ToA is installed? I can't play without the mod but also don't want to play without Toa :(
It is a texture and shaders replacement properly made with diff function for materials so yes, no issue is expected except that you'll have textures only partially/randomly replaced in ToA sectors.
Btw, let me know if you see a difference in those sectors with/without the mod

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 06:45

So I'm using the mod with ToA. Everything was fine until I got to Argon prime. Aa soon as I jumped there every texture/shader got broken, turned green and game started stuttering very badly with fps stuck at 22. I double checked with/without the mod. What fixed the glitch was removing region_definitions file. So it seems something is wrong with fog rendering (I read somwhere that there are changes to shader complation with 5.0 so maybe thats the issue?).

Also Im not sure if its a bug or not but The Void sector doesnt have any backround star textures so it looks pitch black with only star and multiple different collor fogs emiting light.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 12:17

Mr.Freud wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 06:45
So I'm using the mod with ToA. Everything was fine until I got to Argon prime. Aa soon as I jumped there every texture/shader got broken, turned green and game started stuttering very badly with fps stuck at 22. I double checked with/without the mod. What fixed the glitch was removing region_definitions file. So it seems something is wrong with fog rendering (I read somwhere that there are changes to shader complation with 5.0 so maybe thats the issue?).

Also Im not sure if its a bug or not but The Void sector doesnt have any backround star textures so it looks pitch black with only star and multiple different collor fogs emiting light.
Thank you for reporting, it is probably an issue with the fog reduction.

I suppose my approach is not the right one, I reduced the density to minimum possible but this approach seems to work only for totally removing (as in the mod that inspired this plus).

I'll remove this feat. in next update while looking for a better way to reduce fog (transparency?)

In the while, if you like no fog you can change all the parameters I added in region_definition.xml to zero, that should make it work as in the original fog-removal mod

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 13:26

Fog is kinda cool, but I find vanilla fog to be too dense and emitting too much light, especially if using reshade shaders

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 13:45

Mr.Freud wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 13:26
Fog is kinda cool, but I find vanilla fog to be too dense and emitting too much light, especially if using reshade shaders
My idea was right that, to reduce not eliminate. If the feat. does no create issues in other sectors, you can try to only delete any reference to cluster_14 (argon prime)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 23:29

MOD V 2.3 is out

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/

Some small improvements to shaders
Corrected some missing textures
Removed the fog reduction that creates issues with ToA
Corrected the error content.xml

Seems the mod is 100% compatible with Tides of Avarice, I don't see new assets for backgrounds
ToA makes use of custom backgrounds from the mod

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 00:13

I've spent the whole day trying to correct the visual mess that is Windfall.

I knew it... same story as in other dlcs. Frankly I have enough, this has gone into full time work by my part to resolve things that should not be in the game!
It is errors and pixelated stuff everywhere, skyboxes that are not calibrated so one side comes closer to you in multi-sectors...this game is a visual mess.

Windfall looks like a colonoscopy, not to mention its textures ..
Modding should be for changing a game to our own taste, not to correct a game that after years still has low-quality texturing everywhere

I am done with this

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 07:16

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 00:13

I am done with this
Please don't say your done, this is a mod that is sooooo needed. Your backdrops are just to good to see go down the no longer supported track. I hope somehow you or Egosoft make something wor right to keep your mod alive.
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 08:52

Yeah, Windfall is the ugliest sector in the game. At first I thought it's inside of a asteroid that's so huge that it can fit planets and a star inside of it - I thought "WTF". But when I read one of the devs reply that the sector is inside of a nebula I was even more shocked. The sector is horrible.

But please, don't give up on it! your mod is amazing and saved me personally a lot of headache messing with reshade trying to make the game look at least somewhat realistic. Honestly your mod is 1000x times better then original.

Edit: I made a rant thread about Windfall viewtopic.php?f=146&t=446381
Maybe you can share your thoughts/research on wht you find out durring modding the sector.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”