[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.6) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 12:00

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 00:52
Found superhighway bug in Tharka's Cascade - it doesn't show on map. Revealing map using sheat menu doesn't help. Teleporting to nearby sector -Tharka's Cascade beta - seems to be a solution - superhighway starts to show on map after some time.
This thing happens in other sectors too..it's a damn mystery! :evil:
Superhighways are identical, same parameters and distances, somewhere they work normally, in others only by reducing distances, in other only if you teleport to the other side... :o
I start to think this is a bug with superhighways per se, not my mod
There is a definitve solution, i.e. changing them with accelerators. Accelerators work even within the same sector and are bug-free. But we'd lose the nice scene of slowly approaching a planet that there is now with slower superhighways.. :sceptic:

btw...
REM (Realspace Engines Mod) V.1.65 is out
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

This version is identical to v.1.6 but has TRAVEL DRIVE max speeds augmented for all engines, in proportion
This feature is to make it better cope with my other galaxy expansion mod and the larger space to explore

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.6) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 13:07

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 12:00

There is a definitve solution, i.e. changing them with accelerators. Accelerators work even within the same sector and are bug-free. But we'd lose the nice scene of slowly approaching a planet that there is now with slower superhighways.. :sceptic:
No! Please! We can't make such a sacrifice :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 13:15

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 13:07
Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 12:00

No! Please! We can't make such a sacrifice :D
I am also thinking of having them both. Since accelerators are more versatile and can be put anywhere, i'd like to add them but make them connecting further regions. The idea is this: superhighways are "free" and only go up to a certain orbit's distance, while accelerators bring you much closer to important regions. Only, I don't know how and if I can make accelerators somehow locked to high ranks, etc.
This would open nice dynamics, like sector's owner being able to use them while other not (only superhighways). But I still have not figured out how to set such parameters to gates to lock them :gruebel:

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 15:31

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 13:15
I am also thinking of having them both. Since accelerators are more versatile and can be put anywhere, i'd like to add them but make them connecting further regions. The idea is this: superhighways are "free" and only go up to a certain orbit's distance, while accelerators bring you much closer to important regions. Only, I don't know how and if I can make accelerators somehow locked to high ranks, etc.
This would open nice dynamics, like sector's owner being able to use them while other not (only superhighways). But I still have not figured out how to set such parameters to gates to lock them :gruebel:
That's very good idea. I already like this feature to explore system's sun sectors looking for lockboxes and evading pirate ships.
Btw, problem with superhighways seems not to be only "superhighway" problem. There's a bug with some gates and accelerators which start to work properly only when discovering nearby sectors and using autopilot.
P.S. (I'm not just protecting superhighways from being wiped out from the X-Universe, but I really like how they work in this mod...when they work of course :D )

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 16:34

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 15:31
There's a bug with some gates and accelerators which start to work properly only when discovering nearby sectors and using autopilot.
Holy cow! So this is coherent with what happens to superhighways too, they appear or not randomly, like they need to be loaded.
This brings me to think that maybe the number of sectors somehow overburdens the engine.
I also tried different macros entries but they all mess the layout. Can't add superhighways to the macros.xml or they don't work
Don't know what to think, I am clueless...and tired :(

p.s. are the gate having the same issue random or fixed?

p.p.s
I think I found a clue: I am using the cheat to teleport to each sector to check, well seems that the superhighways only load when you first hit the very CENTER of the sector
:!: :sceptic:

I've checked every sector using the cheat mod, seems all superhighways are functioning now. Will upload latest

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 19:09

XRSGE - FULL REPACK
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
Version 1.0
Some bug fixes, solar regions redone and superhighways all double-checked and uniformed
Stuttering resolved. Highways all active, if they don't trigger either command your pilot to explore them or use a cheat mod to teleport inside the superhighway's entrance.
No more beta, fully playable.
New start required (last one!)

------------------------------

Version 1.01
Contains some bug fixes: lightings and fogs in Farnham's Legends + other missing fogs
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 5. Aug 22, 09:43, edited 2 times in total.

tomchk
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.0)

Post by tomchk » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10

Thanks for the credit! This look amazing. I hope I can try it soon--been out of all this stuff for a while. Did you happen to take advantage of this addon? I hope more people find it useful! viewtopic.php?f=181&t=444288
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.0)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 08:43

tomchk wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10
Thanks for the credit! This look amazing. I hope I can try it soon--been out of all this stuff for a while. Did you happen to take advantage of this addon? I hope more people find it useful! viewtopic.php?f=181&t=444288
Thanks to you for the help!
I did take the old way of direct xml editing :doh: ...at the end one gets quite fast at it, but am sure I missed a much easier and powerful tool. I must first learn to use blender much better than I do now.. :D
Indeed I could not create splin tubes, only spheres, boxes and tubes, which was enough for how the mod is conceived...huge regions for realism and resources spread in pockets. The real challenge were the rings, but using existing splin-tubes I did create custom true rings of 200.000kms and added them to 10 brand new ringed giants I had created

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 19:43

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 08:43
tomchk wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10
Thanks to you for the help!
I did take the old way of direct xml editing :doh: ...at the end one gets quite fast at it, but am sure I missed a much easier and powerful tool. I must first learn to use blender much better than I do now.. :D
Indeed I could not create splin tubes, only spheres, boxes and tubes, which was enough for how the mod is conceived...huge regions for realism and resources spread in pockets. The real challenge were the rings, but using existing splin-tubes I did create custom true rings of 200.000kms and added them to 10 brand new ringed giants I had created
Cool. What do you mean by orbital logic in the notes?
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.01)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 20:29

They don't really orbit..well some moons do. But planets and sectors are placed as if they did, in eclyptics

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by Newinger » Sat, 6. Aug 22, 17:39

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 19:09
Highways all active, if they don't trigger either command your pilot to explore them or use a cheat mod to teleport inside the superhighway's entrance.
The performance has been improved a lot; thanks!

The highways are still what stops me to use the mod for longer; with the default game start in Black Hole Sun, I can use the south highway fine; but using the same highway back only works with auto pilot set to a location in the previous sector.

The other highway in the north does not trigger at all; having to rely on cheating or following an AI ship is too unimmersive, unfortunately.

I understand this is not your fault, it seems simply that the game engine is not suitable for this kind of universe design.

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.01)

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 00:35

Bug report: The bug with deformed North accelerator in Grand Exchange 3 Nopileo's Fortune Gamma +Jumpgate remains :cry:

Serious fps drop when using long range scanner in asteroid rich regions

Stuttering seems to be back in my game. And I have a lot of freezes for some reason. Started new game with "Young gun" gamestart, using version 1.01

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 12:46

Newinger wrote:
Sat, 6. Aug 22, 17:39
Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 19:09
Highways all active, if they don't trigger either command your pilot to explore them or use a cheat mod to teleport inside the superhighway's entrance.
The performance has been improved a lot; thanks!

The highways are still what stops me to use the mod for longer; with the default game start in Black Hole Sun, I can use the south highway fine; but using the same highway back only works with auto pilot set to a location in the previous sector.

The other highway in the north does not trigger at all; having to rely on cheating or following an AI ship is too unimmersive, unfortunately.

I understand this is not your fault, it seems simply that the game engine is not suitable for this kind of universe design.
I've tested every single sector and now all superhw should at least show up. It seems that you have to hit the center of the sector with your ship. I suppose there is some vanilla script that triggers their load up when crossing the sector. F.i. there is one that makes the neighbour sector known. Vanilla sectors are much smaller so maybe this thing happens in the mod due to large sectors and so many superhws.

You can do by not using the cheat, or using the cheat only once to show the whole map. Hiring a pilot can work, giving the explore command with shw's entrance as target.

I've not found the autopilot feature that was removed by the patch, that would do the job. Tageting the entrance and activate autopilot. Hope it is not hardcoded, found none in scripts folder, if someone knows where it is...
ziplock815 wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 00:35
Bug report: The bug with deformed North accelerator in Grand Exchange 3 Nopileo's Fortune Gamma +Jumpgate remains :cry:

Serious fps drop when using long range scanner in asteroid rich regions

Stuttering seems to be back in my game. And I have a lot of freezes for some reason. Started new game with "Young gun" gamestart, using version 1.01
I've increased the range of scanner to cope with larger sectors, maybe I must nerf it back a bit. With long range it highlights many more things, so the fps dtop. You can delete the whole paragraph in parameters xml. It is quite clear, I put notes everywhere. If using REM mod, do it there too. This oc resets scanners to vanilla

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 8. Aug 22, 20:53

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 12:46

I've increased the range of scanner to cope with larger sectors, maybe I must nerf it back a bit. With long range it highlights many more things, so the fps dtop. You can delete the whole paragraph in parameters xml. It is quite clear, I put notes everywhere. If using REM mod, do it there too. This oc resets scanners to vanilla
Oh...could you explain a bit what I need to delete? I'm not really good in that kind of thing :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 9. Aug 22, 09:59

ziplock815 wrote:
Mon, 8. Aug 22, 20:53
Oh...could you explain a bit what I need to delete? I'm not really good in that kind of thing :)
No need, I've done a small patch:
X4RSGE_Patch_v1.02
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files
Nerfed down scanner (and improved fps)
Increased map's revelation and radar range, that should help showing superhighways earlier and copes better with bigger sectors

PhoenixtheII

Post by PhoenixtheII » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 00:21

Bug report:

Stars 3.11
XGR: 1.02

Scenarion: Project Genesis Terran Najia Takio
Mission: Maintenance Duty
Phase 3: Repair

What is happening:

After you finish the cutscene about the super secret facility, you need to repair 2 data leaks, before you're transported to another sector by an anomoly.

But, the station the Oberth should be at, isn't there at all.

Expected:

Oberth to be right next to that station, docked. So you can spacesuit to repair the leaks.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 13:49

PhoenixtheII wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 00:21
Bug report:

Stars 3.11
XGR: 1.02

Scenarion: Project Genesis Terran Najia Takio
Mission: Maintenance Duty
Phase 3: Repair

What is happening:

After you finish the cutscene about the super secret facility, you need to repair 2 data leaks, before you're transported to another sector by an anomoly.

But, the station the Oberth should be at, isn't there at all.

Expected:

Oberth to be right next to that station, docked. So you can spacesuit to repair the leaks.
That's strange, I've just completed that mission. I play terran cadet. First the Oberth jumped to gaian prophecy alpha. Then the whole station was teleported to Grand Exchange. This happens only after you have repaired 3 leaks (not 2, in my game). Don't know if it is fixed or random destination but it worked in my playthrough. Consider that I left vanilla sectors intact so such an issue is not to be expected and probably not due to my mod

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 19:11

weird thing.
I just tried 'terran cadet' start on 2 different systems (windows and linux) and on both it seems broken

on windows, everything looks all right, but 2 accelerators that are in starting system (mars alpha) are inactive (I can go trough them)

on linux, even the starting screen (load save start new game etc) is broken and instead of misty scene with asteroids I see just background, and gates are not even present in the system (i cannot see models or connections on the map, like I can on windows)

usually this type of error is when connection between gates are broken.. will try to look for mod conflicts, but kinda dont see any potential ones

I am not using engine mod.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 22. Aug 22, 22:08

djrygar wrote:
Fri, 19. Aug 22, 19:11
weird thing.
I just tried 'terran cadet' start on 2 different systems (windows and linux) and on both it seems broken

on windows, everything looks all right, but 2 accelerators that are in starting system (mars alpha) are inactive (I can go trough them)

on linux, even the starting screen (load save start new game etc) is broken and instead of misty scene with asteroids I see just background, and gates are not even present in the system (i cannot see models or connections on the map, like I can on windows)

usually this type of error is when connection between gates are broken.. will try to look for mod conflicts, but kinda dont see any potential ones

I am not using engine mod.
There is a simple way to check connection's integrity: open menu as for starting a custom game and the map's tab, if the connection is broken it does not show there in the map preview. But I am quite confidant the connections are not broken. Something else happens, where do you put your mod? It has to be in the game's main folder, not in documents etc. Why Linux does not work is beyond my knowledge, I don't have one installed in my pc

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Tue, 23. Aug 22, 23:25

This is just a guess, but I've had that problem with other X4 mods before; linux is case sensitive while windows is not. Though with X4 the only problems I had were when the base mod folder had some capitalisation, I just lowercased the whole thing and everything worked. No idea if that is an issue here, haven't tested it yet, though I will at some point once I start playing X4 again.
Iucundi acti labores

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”