[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.0) - "X4RSGE" (3.1)

Post by Realspace » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 10:34

Thanks for reporting, will take a look. That shws is 2-ways so maybe one has bug. One ways are only in abandoned/un-owned systems..as it should be. Normal systems are all 2ways, assuming the factions keep them working. Did you start a new game? I tried continuing a save but seems the gates don't update as I expected. Maybe it requires several save/load's
ziplock815 wrote:
Sat, 12. Nov 22, 18:07
P.S. In encyclopedia it's said thet Herron's Nebula is a system with two stars: white dwarf and neutron star, but I don't see the second this time. I remember it was in President's end. Did you delete it for some reason? :cry:
No it has not changed. It is two stars ..will look. Small but significant (for immersion) details as this are easy to be missed by my eyes focused on major things. Thanks

For music you can try disabiling any other mod. Something is interfering. You can see in mapdefaults that legacy terran music is played only in terran space. In other systems there is a compilation of different legacy tracks

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.0) - "X4RSGE" (3.1)

Post by Newinger » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 14:31

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 10:34
Did you start a new game?
Yes, of course. I will always start a new game until your mod is final before bothering actually playing for longer.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 17:48

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 10:34
Thanks for reporting, will take a look. That shws is 2-ways so maybe one has bug. One ways are only in abandoned/un-owned systems..as it should be. Normal systems are all 2ways, assuming the factions keep them working. Did you start a new game? I tried continuing a save but seems the gates don't update as I expected. Maybe it requires several save/load's
ziplock815 wrote:
Sat, 12. Nov 22, 18:07
P.S. In encyclopedia it's said thet Herron's Nebula is a system with two stars: white dwarf and neutron star, but I don't see the second this time. I remember it was in President's end. Did you delete it for some reason? :cry:
No it has not changed. It is two stars ..will look. Small but significant (for immersion) details as this are easy to be missed by my eyes focused on major things. Thanks

For music you can try disabiling any other mod. Something is interfering. You can see in mapdefaults that legacy terran music is played only in terran space. In other systems there is a compilation of different legacy tracks
Started a new game too because my ship started to act strange when using superhighways.
About music - do you think Legacy music mod can interfere? I'll try to disable it.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 18:25

That's normal. The old position of a superhighway is stored in the save. Then the new map changes its position. So your autopilot knows where to go even if the point of entrance does not coincide with the old mesh. This is expected but should rectify within some saves/reloads by realligning meshes. But when changes are many maybe this takes longer or even does not work, I don't know. Future patches will not alter the map or just a single gate if I need but that is updated so no new start will be needed from here on.

About music, oc that mod interfers. You need no music mod, for legacy music. The complilation is already very wide. I converted a lot of x3 tracks into .ogg. Different is if you want other kind or third part music. But legacy is included.

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Mon, 14. Nov 22, 13:33

with the latest patch i ran the game to see the changes with the jobs for the DLC races, on start there still only spawning 10-15 economy ships compared to the several hundread that the original races spawn, stations are lower too, thay do slowly increase there economy ships but still only to about 100 ships after 2 hours in game.
there is a extra way to help biist them by using deadairs fill script but this effects all races so leads to a total increase for all races.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 14. Nov 22, 14:15

Ok, thanks..so this lets only the last solution i e. to replace the entire jobs file as I did with god. Will add this in next update, that comprises bug fixes for the above reported gates/shw and new sectors in Tharkas Cascaede

-------------------------

And here it is:
XRSGE 3.12
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

Corrected not working gate in belt of aguilar
Corrected missing shw in Antigone Mem
Added 2 sectors to Tharka's Cascade system
Remade jobs file, it replaces all so no station nor ship should be missed.

I checked pirate sectors in a new start and they seem to have plenty of stations

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Mon, 14. Nov 22, 22:22

just started a new game now to test the jobs update, with a new start nearly all economy ships are gone for all races but will it build up over time now?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 17:42

This is strange. I see a lot of stations. Could it be that the DAir mod sees only vanilla economy? Or maybe has a limited range in sector scanning? Sectors are huge now. The DAir mod could be limited to vanilla range. Do you use other economy mods? I will take some time to check.

.... for now, people don't enter Neptune!!! its rings will kill you. :roll: Solved, in next patch

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 18:02

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 15. Nov 22, 17:42
.... for now, people don't enter Neptune!!! its rings will kill you. :roll: Solved, in next patch

Well, maybe its a good thing... that we have some regions where you will be killed - IF you travel to far? Or to near a region?
As of now there is no real danger in the sectors. So, for what do we have (eg) Nav beacons - if not to show a way, or a dangerous zone. (And for npc travel, well there's the filter options in the menues -> 'Avoid dangerous sectors', or setup such sectors to avoid.)

B.t.w. Rebirth had such sectors - eg. you had to find a way around dangerous zones. If traveling into it, first shields, then hull then 'game end' message...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 18:47

There were these regions in solar sectors. It caused the terrible lagging we experienced in version 1. I tried reducing them and they still caused it. I've been struggling with that issue for months, trying anything. Well, I can try to use the same damage regions we have in some xenon sectors.

I also placed several mined areas, not friend/foe, in unowned sectors.

I also think that these damage regions work only for the player. I don't know...maybe I'd prefer to increase hostile ships. As the mod increases sectors, a lot of encounters should happen out of the vanilla confort zone of 300km :mrgreen:

I use Encounters by Moonrat as it reduces the amount and reworks the logic. Vanilla should spawn many more
Last edited by Realspace on Tue, 15. Nov 22, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 19:23

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 15. Nov 22, 17:42
This is strange. I see a lot of stations. Could it be that the DAir mod sees only vanilla economy? Or maybe has a limited range in sector scanning? Sectors are huge now. The DAir mod could be limited to vanilla range. Do you use other economy mods? I will take some time to check.

i tested it with just deadairs dynamic wars so i could see the numbers of military and economy ships.
most of his mods are compatable from what i have tested all but DeadAir Jobs. it will give massively overpopulate the universe with ships and slow the fps down to a crawl.

Tassekaffe
x4

Post by Tassekaffe » Thu, 17. Nov 22, 16:10

both lite and ultimate versions look so fu... fantastic.
sadly there is always a but... as TOA is a total cluster****(pun intended) performance wise on my old pc(and i didn´t like the rest either) TOA had to go...
but without it the ancients mod is not working(even with your patch),the tech is is all there but the sector is empty,meaning the startquest leaves you looking for a station thats not there....
and the ZYA sectors when playing custom start(ZYA looses war)the sectors all end up with read texts as names on the map.

other than that its awesome work on your part,a shame you have to do EGO´s job...

Trajan von Olb
x3tc

Post by Trajan von Olb » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 23:27

Hi,

first of all THANK YOU for the high resolution backgrounds - in 4K on a 40" screen everything else is unbearable :-)

But: I am confused! If I play "normally", i.e. without X4RSGE, which (latest!) version exactly can I use? I want all the announced improvements, if they are visible in the "Normal" universe. Where can I download the right version?

Also I'm thinking about a reboot WITH X4RSGE and of course VRO (never again without!), therefore to the current state and understanding:
- Are there still problems with race missions?
- Do I need an engine version adapted to VRO? Does it exist? If so, does it automatically include ship extensions like XR_ShipPack?
- Can I play all the mission series of the main storylines at all? For example, the HAT plot, Ter plot, Segaris plot, etc.... Will that work?

Thanks for the answers...

Greetings

Trajan von Olb

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Mein Traum vom Glück ist der Traum von einer anderen Menschheit. (S. Lem)

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 08:41

Trajan von Olb wrote:
Fri, 18. Nov 22, 23:27
- Do I need an engine version adapted to VRO? Does it exist? If so, does it automatically include ship extensions like XR_ShipPack?
- Can I play all the mission series of the main storylines at all? For example, the HAT plot, Ter plot, Segaris plot, etc.... Will that work?

The storylines SHOULD work but this mod has been very much a work in progress over the last months and at least I am hesitant still to start a real full game right now, because in such a large mod and complex game it is inevitable to stumble upon more bugs. So you can play, but expect unwanted surprises and be not sad if you can't continue a save. (The mod developer may see it differently, as he was quite optimistic in the past already a few times that everything works, but then it showed it does not.)

The engine mod does not automatically upgrade other mod's ships, neither VRO's nor XR Shippack's nor other's. Separate compatibility patches would be required. So far only the ship variation expension got one, but it is a bit outdated.

Don't know about racing missions, but at least I expect them to be more difficult if used with the engine mod.

Note that the engine mod is in theory not exactly required to play, but due to the very large distances A LOT of patience would be required if played without it.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 12:22

Newinger wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 08:41
Trajan von Olb wrote:
Fri, 18. Nov 22, 23:27

The storylines SHOULD work but this mod has been very much a work in progress over the last months and at least I am hesitant still to start a real full game right now, because in such a large mod and complex game it is inevitable to stumble upon more bugs. So you can play, but expect unwanted surprises and be not sad if you can't continue a save. (The mod developer may see it differently, as he was quite optimistic in the past already a few times that everything works, but then it showed it does not.)

The engine mod does not automatically upgrade other mod's ships, neither VRO's nor XR Shippack's nor other's. Separate compatibility patches would be required. So far only the ship variation expension got one, but it is a bit outdated.

Don't know about racing missions, but at least I expect them to be more difficult if used with the engine mod.

Note that the engine mod is in theory not exactly required to play, but due to the very large distances A LOT of patience would be required if played without it.

From my testing it also breaks the AI, the S and M ships don't seem to be able to use the new engine modification and they struggle a lot in fighting.
Without the engine mod, the economy is going to collapse or the shipyards take tons of hours to get supplies...

The idea of the mod is great, but this game is not made for sectors that are this big and it also doesn't really make any sense since lore wise the factions can move gates around so they would anyway just dropp the gate in the most valuable area and not build economy stations to far away...

my suggestion would be to make this wonderfull map but without huge sectors, maybe sectors that are 2 or 3 times bigger than vanilla but not more.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 19:11

Bozz11 wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 12:22
my suggestion would be to make this wonderfull map but without huge sectors, maybe sectors that are 2 or 3 times bigger than vanilla but not more.
I disagree. The larger sectors are the best of it, especially when you have minutes (in real time) to fly.
It makes no sense to have sectors with ~600-1800km diameter only. And e.g. vanilla sectors with aroung 180km - man - that''s around 1/2 of the way from my home to Würselen where Egosofts offices are. I would drive that in 4hours (incl. traffic jams). These vanilla sectors - and they shall represent a part of a solar system.... really?
So X4RSGE with its larger and more diversity in sectors are excatly what space means.

I agree, its a stress test for GPU and CPU. Especially if you play (like myself) with a larger empire (20 sectors, ~40 stations with 1000+ modules, and ~400+ ships).

I also like the positions of the sectors - the clustering around bigger ones - and the lesser connections in-between these clusters. This feels/shows more like a galaxy as what the vanilla is. I always thought it strange to have a 'motorway' between different races (that makes no real sense).
Well, yes for the fight part vanilla is great. And yes this also leads to a better economy. So, yes - its exactly for those 'casual players of today' - I prefer to play for longer. ...and that's where X4RSGE comes in! I realy like it. Hope the upcoming 'frontier pack' brings more surprise's...

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 00:47

Bug report: not working jumpgate from Greater Profit 7: Blue Profit to Silent Witness 5: Sanctuary of Darkness.
Well, it works only if I use external camera and manual control. Autopilot doesn't work as well.

P.S. Is there any way to reduce/delete (better to reduce) local fog?
And minefields. Killed myself in pirate sectors for 358372362 time :lol:

Well, that's something new: trying to travel to SCA Shipyard in Silent Witness Oum's memorial which is nearly 10 000+kms from the accelerator and when I approach to 5-6k kms I get a message from Betty: "Danger - entering atmosphere"aand...then I get killed. Strange thing is - there're only gigantic asteroids in this sector, probably some broken moon debris and one distant planet in the background...there's no way I could approach some planet's atmosphere.

P.P.S. Seems like split plot doesn't work in this version too
Tried Antigone plot - mission "Second assistant'- doesn't work for me too. Can't find nav beacons in the marked area.
Last edited by ziplock815 on Mon, 28. Nov 22, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Sun, 27. Nov 22, 18:17

i agree the large sectors are the best feature of the mod it gives a sense of vastness and size to space. fighting for control of a star system feels more real now there are muliple areas to one star system.
as for compatablity for VRO i use a modified verson of the vro travel mod. all travel speeds are boosted relative to ship size so a S class will go 5000 while a XL would go arounf 25000. its been for personal use but i could send it to realspace for him to post so VRO will be practical to use in his mod.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 27. Nov 22, 20:10

craig m wrote:
Sun, 27. Nov 22, 18:17
i agree the large sectors are the best feature of the mod it gives a sense of vastness and size to space. fighting for control of a star system feels more real now there are muliple areas to one star system.
as for compatablity for VRO i use a modified verson of the vro travel mod. all travel speeds are boosted relative to ship size so a S class will go 5000 while a XL would go arounf 25000. its been for personal use but i could send it to realspace for him to post so VRO will be practical to use in his mod.
Would love to use your VRO mod.

sarlen
x3ap

Post by sarlen » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 17:11

a bit confused on what to download and how to install only STARS.

do I download these two + the reshade ini (i know how to do reshade)

https://imgur.com/a/jWDqTEJ

if so, do I put stars + stars_patch in x4/extensions or do I overwrite stars_patch with stars?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”