[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mystershow
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.10)

Post by Mystershow » Tue, 6. Sep 22, 23:35

Hello Realspace !

I've been playing around with your mods (Stars and X4RSGE only) and some textures are missing in Sonra VIII // Hatikva's Choice Alpha and Gamma.

Juste some bright white yellowish

Furthermore the superhighway is active in Hatikva's Choice Alpha to Gamma but doesn't work (had to land on a freighter) but work from Gamma to Alpha

I've seen a superhighway gate (north one) in Sonra V // Herron's Nebula Alpha but it doesn't appear on the map and isn't active (Haven't found a freighter to test it)

I see a lot of things like that in the debug

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Highway superhighway002_cluster_502_macro could not find a map zone at its start position - is it outside of the entry zone?
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Highway superhighway001_cluster_502_macro could not find a map zone at its end position - is it outside of the exit zone?
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Highway superhighway004_cluster_502_macro could not find a map zone at its start position - is it outside of the entry zone?
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Highway superhighway004_cluster_502_macro could not find a map zone at its end position - is it outside of the exit zone?
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Highway superhighway003_cluster_502_macro could not find a map zone at its start position - is it outside of the entry zone?
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Highway superhighway003_cluster_502_macro could not find a map zone at its end position - is it outside of the exit zone?
I don't know if it had an influence :sceptic:

Anyway great mods, the galaxy revamp is looking great !

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.10)

Post by Realspace » Wed, 7. Sep 22, 00:46

Thank you..that one had escaped my last check. It was missing a material in the cluster. I've found and corrected others, they only show with fogs that appear as white bubble.

At the moment I am struggling with the station's placement by god's file that seems to miss some stations, as the terrans, even if I don't touch the vanilla ones. Anyway seems I've almost figured out.

The Lite version aka 2.0 is ready, it has many less superhighways and a faster connection network but I also introduced laaaaarge sectors in some places. One has not to go through if doesn't want, but some resources are very far away so are the many relicts.

Hope you'll like it even more..

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Wed, 7. Sep 22, 00:59

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 7. Sep 22, 00:46
The Lite version aka 2.0 is ready, it has many less superhighways and a faster connection network but I also introduced laaaaarge sectors in some places. One has not to go through if doesn't want, but some resources are very far away so are the many relicts.
You're welcome, if you need someone to test the 2.0, I can !

I've just finished a playthrough with an old mod list, I'll redo one soon and hopefully add X4RSGE :)

I have to rewrite and adjust a few script for some mods so I will mostly do playtest
Realspace wrote:
Wed, 7. Sep 22, 00:46
At the moment I am struggling with the station's placement by god's file that seems to miss some stations, as the terrans, even if I don't touch the vanilla ones. Anyway seems I've almost figured out.
Yup, some sectors seems empty but there are enough rooms to build a lot of station and expand

I wonder if it will work with FOCW and/or FOCW Corporations) or any mods that add jobs

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Wed, 7. Sep 22, 20:29

Mystershow wrote:
Wed, 7. Sep 22, 00:59
I wonder if it will work with FOCW and/or FOCW Corporations) or any mods that add jobs
I use this mod on my mod list more of X4RSGE, I saw different ship of FOCW corporations, I will to see when I have time of playing if the corporation of FOCW will make station, and I use the information of different faction If I remember well of DeadAir, so if the corporation make station, I can know it easly and speedly.

And for differents Job, I use Xenon Awakening and XR Shippack so I can know it less speedly that FOCW corporation but I can now it, if you want a answer of question I can you say if is good or not. But I don't have many time for playing I can say it in two-three weeks

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Thu, 8. Sep 22, 15:11

Folker wrote:
Wed, 7. Sep 22, 20:29
I use this mod on my mod list more of X4RSGE, I saw different ship of FOCW corporations, I will to see when I have time of playing if the corporation of FOCW will make station, and I use the information of different faction If I remember well of DeadAir, so if the corporation make station, I can know it easly and speedly.

And for differents Job, I use Xenon Awakening and XR Shippack so I can know it less speedly that FOCW corporation but I can now it, if you want a answer of question I can you say if is good or not. But I don't have many time for playing I can say it in two-three weeks
Yes I mostly have to wait it out and see how the IA work around the universe

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Thu, 8. Sep 22, 15:17

Hello Realspace, I've been flying around in the last version riding a L class ship to get through unactivated superhighway

On my arrival in Sonra X from Ringo Moon, I saw something strange ^^

I do play with Stars, Gemfx and VRO (test) as well.

Maybe it would explain some inactivation ?

Link to the gate issue:

https://i.imgur.com/PbsbpK8.png

Anyway stunning mod, you can really feel you're in a star system and it takes time to explore and find the gate/accelerator/superhighway !

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 23:49

Mystershow wrote:
Thu, 8. Sep 22, 15:17
Hello Realspace, I've been flying around in the last version riding a L class ship to get through unactivated superhighway

On my arrival in Sonra X from Ringo Moon, I saw something strange ^^

I do play with Stars, Gemfx and VRO (test) as well.

Maybe it would explain some inactivation ?

Link to the gate issue:

https://i.imgur.com/PbsbpK8.png

Anyway stunning mod, you can really feel you're in a star system and it takes time to explore and find the gate/accelerator/superhighway !
this happens when you continue with an old save but have added a newer mod's version, that has moved the superhighways, so old stuff remains, is not removed....anyway, I am uploading the new version aka 2.0. It is a total overhaul, should be bug-free..

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 02:54

Maybe it was that, I'm testing and changing a lot of mods lately

Glad to hear the last version is out, I'll gladly take a look and start a new playthrough

Thanks for the hardwork !

As I said, it's incredible how much you feel like you're in a star system

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 09:48

Mystershow wrote:
Sat, 10. Sep 22, 02:54
As I said, it's incredible how much you feel like you're in a star system
Thank you man I appreciate, it's been a long-time work :)

Here we are guys, version 2.0 aka Lite Version is out.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/

The galaxy has not changed in its general layout but systems have been re-arranged internally. Except for the external sectors, the superhighways connect the internal regions and are a maximum of 2 per sector. Every sector is a single planetary system + its moon(s) or lagrange point. (Sub)sector alpha is the core, (sub)sector beta is the connection area...simple.

Systems are more strictly connected internally, you can discard the alpha sector and jump (accelerator) from beta to beta. But resources are mostly in the alpha sector. Superhighway does not always brings you close to the resources in the alpha sector. Example, you arrive close to a ringed giant but have to navigate towards the rings or the planet. Rings have roids, planet has gases. If you see the rings, they are real, not cosmetic. Fly to them and asteroids will appear. So all gas giants have gas close to the surface. Orbital planets have minable "atmosphere", if you fly down, etc.

I've introduced some very large sectors but not all. This should help two kinds of approach. Of course I took care to put the most rewarding resources in the explorable areas. There are some stations in those far away area and your scanner is vastly augmented.

There are a lot of relicts (abandoned ships) that are close to the planets...you know..gravity. But they are very far away, so explore

I've taken the brutal approach for this overhaul, because the patching did not work, expecially when you patch the dlc's a lot of missing things, that should not miss, happen. Economy suffers from God not doing his job :D
So I've redone everything, removed all vanilla+dlcs and redone all what my mod covers. This makes the mod quite not much compatible with others (well it depends, others that change sectors or economy for sure not) except ai scripts, etc. Ships and jobs should be fine too.
But this has made the bugs disappear, so is a necessary trade-off.

This version greatly requires an engine mod to couple with. If you don't like the realism approach of my REM mod, use whatever you like that have at least travel mode vastly augmented. There are some areas of thousands kms to cover. Chose simple ones if possible, that don't mess with radar etc. In doubt, ask or take your time to check in the files. My files are not compressed, you can see what is changed.
The hard-core files, i.e. my files that are a total overhaul (so potentially incompatible) are ALL the maps + god.xml.

This version is NOT compatible with previous 1.12 and requires a new game start.

Please download also new version of STARS 3.2 and the RESHADE. If you don't like reshade, use whatever trick (monitor, gf software) to increase the contrast in the game (not gamma, plain: contrast). Everything will pop-up. STARS is made with a more contrasty scenery as reference so can appear a bit excessive if used in low contrast..well if you like it..it's full of stars :D

NOTICE: many names can be off, i.e. alpha and beta sectors inverted, etc. Names are taken form version 1.0 and changing them is a tedious long work that luckly can be made later in game, requires no restart, so I'll do it in next days with...calm :D

That's all for now, enjoy... :roll:

GALAXY MAP
Last edited by Realspace on Sat, 10. Sep 22, 16:18, edited 8 times in total.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 10:01

In your OP here, you mention that 3.11 is available standalone and optimized to be less GPU intensive. The second post says to download 3.01 and some patches.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=427585#p4957104

STARS is currently at version 3.11
STARS is finished and BUG-FREE. All the discussion in the forum is about XRSGE or REM.

If you use STARS alone, download old version 3.01 + small patches

Clicking the link to your nexusmods page does have 3.01 available for download but there are no patches. In the "file archive" section
are listed a bunch of patches and/or full versions between 3.01 and 3.11 but none of them have download buttons.

I was looking for the optimized version that wouldn't put too much load on my GPU. Could you restore the necessary patches to the "other
files" section or upload a complete optimized version of 3.11 as a single download?

Thanks!

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 10:20

I've recovered the 3.11 patch
If you use STARS alone, download base STARS 3.01 + patch 3.11 and stop. If you use XRSGE too, please use latest STARS 3.2
There is no heavy/light version, they are all the same and large textures are limited in both.
XRSGE needs STARS 3.2. I changed many of the new nebulae, that are visible only in XRSGE

People please report your performance with new version. I've a good and a bad news...the good is that it seems totally bug-free, everything works, connections, missions, etc No error in the log. Now the bad...... stuttering has returned! :evil:

No bugs no errors :mrgreen: .. means that if you pc handles it, enjoy. For the rest of us having problems I've found the reason so will try solutions in next days..

In any case I don't think the patch will break the save, just be patient and suffer the stuttering up to next patch

EDIT: urray!! Found it! It was that damn fuc...ing damage region in sun coronas :evil:
It has been pesting the performance since first release....holy cow! I've redone regions don't know how many times...... :doh: Don't ask me why, it affects fps even if you are in Uranus.
Stuttering totally gone and fps jumped up 3x.
Not only stuttering gone, load time reduced to 2-3 minutes
:o

This thing is crazy. Will remove it up to when I found another solution to have damage without issues. I like the idea of sun's radiations when you go too close.
New start is NOT required with this patch if you already started a game in XRSGE 2.0, simply patch and continue you game

THERE IS A PATCH ALSO FOR OLD VERSION 1.12
In general I suggest you move to version 2.0, it is totally bug-free but if you liked the vision that inspired version 1.0 (that is a bigger universe than 2.0), please apply this patch there too.

Download patch 2.01 >> https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

---------------------------------------------------------

Updated the patch already twice, small bug fixes but also I removed the gate from Savage Spur to Farnham's legends. Something suggests that Terrans would wipe out the Yaki too easily passing through Farnhams.. :mrgreen:
The bidirectional superhighways remain (otherwise sector 2 would be a dead end)

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 05:12

Hello Realspace,

I think there is an issue with the latest version of Stars

I did start a new clean game (downloaded the game) with only X4RSGE 2.0 and Stars 3.2, I don't have any background anywhere

Example with the main title: https://i.imgur.com/DU7lbaR.jpg and the terran start: https://i.imgur.com/S68VGX5.jpg

I have mist and lights but no stars, nebulae or planets, it is reminiscent of the Khaak mission in X3 for the Argon when we teleport in their sector so that's a good memory at least

Mods are active in extensions maybe Ive missed something in the installation process

I have some inactive highway (Young Gun start, north gate) and duplicating superhighway

And I start on a ship, a new one at every start

Example: https://i.imgur.com/MJ8kEwh.jpg

Otherwise, it's loading quickly and I see no other issues

Edit:

It's happening with older version of Stars so maybe it's related to X4RSGE

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 08:11

same probleme, fresh install no other mods active except cheat menu to teleport around and I don't think any background works

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 08:50

This is weird, there must be some issue in the zip I made bc in my game there is no such an issue, never has been.

In the start menu you don't see any roids+scrap? Also light should be yellowish not pink (as in vanilla) which makes me think the games misses loading some stuff.

I'll repack both mods, hope it solves

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 08:55

for me the main screen in yellowish and I see Asteroids and scrap, no probleme there, but once the game is started everything goes black in the backgrounds

thanks for your help, hope it works when you reupload

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:20

Great, thanks for the reupload !

I'll check it once it's done

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:36

Could it be that the folder is named xrsge_2.0? I forgot to rename it before zipping. It has to be named only 'xrsge'

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:49

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:36
Could it be that the folder is named xrsge_2.0? I forgot to rename it before zipping. It has to be named only 'xrsge'

Yes that's it !

I didn't even thougt about checking the content.xml to see the id :-o

I just have to rename the folder xrsge_2.0 to xrsge in extensions

I now have some pink squares in Balck Hole Sun and it's all pink in Argon Prime and Trinity Sanctum but it's working, I still have the inactive (and don't have collision) gate but it can be resolved with revealing the map like before most of the time

Can't wait to break the mod in an another way :mrgreen:

Edit 1: If I use an older version of Stars, the pink issue is resolved

Edit 2: Still happening in Grand Exchange but that's the only sector which is pink with the older version of stars

Edit 3: most of the highway seems to be inactive for the player

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 18:09

Mystershow wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:49

I now have some pink squares in Balck Hole Sun and it's all pink in Argon Prime and Trinity Sanctum but it's working, I still have the inactive (and don't have collision) gate but it can be resolved with revealing the map like before most of the time

Can't wait to break the mod in an another way :mrgreen:

Edit 1: If I use an older version of Stars, the pink issue is resolved

Edit 2: Still happening in Grand Exchange but that's the only sector which is pink with the older version of stars

Edit 3: most of the highway seems to be inactive for the player
This should not happen. I never get pink textures, the only thing that can happen is a white circle instead of planet if you enter too fast or use cheat jump, the engines does not load it. Pink textures happen when a texture is missing. If old stars mod solves meanss your STAR 3.2 is incomplete. Try unzipping it again.

Superhighways should show after you reveal the map..I am still testing those. Fortunally they are half now...I will do a version 3 without any, I want to win this challenge with the engine :lol:

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 19:11

for me all sectors are pink background :lol:
Others are half space background with some pink squares

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”