[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 31. May 23, 21:17

I think Scrapyard Salvage pirate mission is broken too. Raleigh ship with you on board doesn't arrive to its destination and just hangs in space.

P.S. I've managed to continue just going out in spacesuit, but didn't get any message though. Strange.

Nope, doesn't work. When I get aboarg J.P. Morgan's Knife mission stucks at "Wait for arrival to destination" and nothing happens. However, the cutscene with Earlking plays normally.

P.P.S. Restarted the mission - works fine now. Looks like it was some temporary bug :P

Oh, come on! I've just found Astrid floating near Keepsafe. Sooo...seems like I don't have to complete pirate plot this time, huh?! :lol:

Btw, found another warp anomaly. Doesn't work, just like previous one.

I've completed the paranid plot (the first part, where you unlock Apotheosis) without any major issues. Some complications were in sector where Apotheosis is located, because for some reason waypoint sometimes was leading to the point located 200 km away from Apotheosis, but that's no big deal.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 23:47

Any info of the update? Can't complete the mission in paranid plot where you need to kill some paranid who's against peace between two paranid faction. Waypoint leads to split territories, so I can't go there before split plot is fixed.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 02:04

What sector does it lead to? Why can't you go there, reputation?
I am not working on any update, just minor fixes. I am doing a totally new mod, separated from this, making vast use of highways (not superhw) and very large sectors..very immersive..

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 05:26

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 9. Jun 23, 02:04
What sector does it lead to? Why can't you go there, reputation?
I am not working on any update, just minor fixes. I am doing a totally new mod, separated from this, making vast use of highways (not superhw) and very large sectors..very immersive..
It leads to Wretched skies. If i go there before you fix the split plot, it won't activate (the cutscene with slave ship won't play and Dal won't give further instructions).

About the new mod. Sounds promising. Looking forward to it :)

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 12:06

Like your mods. But dont' forget that the bigger != the better! A space full of nothing sounds more realistic but we are talking about a game, not an 99% empty space-real-simulation :-)
My gaming rig moves into a new case this weekend and I have a couple of real-life things to do. So less time to test/play. But I'm still here and checking forums!

Cheers
Exo

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 16:24

Sectors are huge but there are highways everywhere. Not like vanilla, they cover thousands kms and go from planet to high orbit. All in real space with zones as in Rebirth. The nr of sectors on contrary has been reduced a lot but you won't notice because sectors are like a system in Rebirth. Performance has jumped up and space looks dynamic. I left many superhighways where needed but instead of having (sub)sectors connected through shw everywhere, we have zones connected through hw in big sectors.

I am doing a lot of arrangements as for instance using planets that are at real scale. Vanilla base game's planets are too big, except the gas giants that have to be. But earthlike planets are 10x our earth. No more, I made new models and use them strategically. For instance in Argon Prime you now go from high to low orbit all in the same sector using hw. I tricked various aspects as f.i. highways are much faster (they cover 100x the vanilla distances) so crossing this space takes less than a minute.

I made experience of all the past iterations and while the current is somehow the final stage of my starting idea, the biggest universe one can make on this engine, the next what I am doing is to my knowledge the best you can achieve in terms of playability if making big space for immersion. Yes I introduced a new variable that is the local highways. I don't know how they work in big space, will npc ships use it? To the player, crossing the sectors is much faster now even if the sector is much bigger than in last xrsge.

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 23:43

I'm pretty sure you know what you are talking about, what you do and I have a lot of confidence in your work! So please dont' understand me wrong. I'm just a player, want to be entertained, like owwww and ahhhhh effects and not 10 minutes (*yawn*) travels from a station to another in the same sector. I'm always here for testing your stuff and feedback! I loved many of Rebirth' sectordesign... remembering one xenon-owned zone where you jumped in middle of some icy fog/cloud with lightning and scary looking asteroids.

I'm very excited what you have planned!

Go on!

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 10. Jun 23, 10:11

Btw, talking about Rebirth-like sectors. Maybe you could copy Rebirth systems, with some graphical improvements? I think they'd fit well. Omicron Lyrae, Maelstrom, De Vries, Toride, Cold Star, Home of Light, Fields of Opportunity....they'd been very immersive.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 13. Jun 23, 19:31

ziplock815 wrote:
Sat, 10. Jun 23, 10:11
Btw, talking about Rebirth-like sectors. Maybe you could copy Rebirth systems, with some graphical improvements? I think they'd fit well. Omicron Lyrae, Maelstrom, De Vries, Toride, Cold Star, Home of Light, Fields of Opportunity....they'd been very immersive.
Well, rebirth-like systems are the various Omicron (A, B, C). Fact is that any change in models takes a looooot of time. there are a lot of errors every time I import/export models and Rebirth planet's models are not really good, they look made of plastic. Shaders for planets are terrible there...but, you must look the new version I am releasing. A lot of Rebirth feel but even more, you must see....
...uploading ;-)

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 13. Jun 23, 20:01

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 13. Jun 23, 19:31
ziplock815 wrote:
Sat, 10. Jun 23, 10:11
Well, rebirth-like systems are the various Omicron (A, B, C). Fact is that any change in models takes a looooot of time. there are a lot of errors every time I import/export models and Rebirth planet's models are not really good, they look made of plastic. Shaders for planets are terrible there...but, you must look the new version I am releasing. A lot of Rebirth feel but even more, you must see....
...uploading ;-)
Already hyped :P

Is it going to be save compatible?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 13. Jun 23, 21:58

It is save compatible but at your own risk. This mod is totally different. Half the sectors if not more, from previous save, will not be there. If the pc does not crash well I'll offer you a coffee :mrgreen:
Please consider this a beta, I will change things. There are currently 2 version of the mods:

XRSGE Classic, aka 4.4.5 version (updated, small fixes), the one you all currently play; this version will not be changed, only bug fixes.
XRSGE_Evolution, aka 6.0 version. This is all new, totally different concept. BETA test, even if made on the structure of previous version so no issues should occur, but be aware that I will be MOVING GATES, PLANETS, ZONES etc.
The good news is that, differently from superhighways, one can change the local highways and no issue is from the old save. They get updated and ready to go.

I've rearranged the nexus pages:

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
is ONLY for the mod STARS.
STARS is finished for all vanilla users. You don't need to update if NOT using XRSGE Evolution too.
If using the old version of XRSGE aka 4.4.5, you DON'T NEED TO UPDATE either
For users of XRSGE 6.0, please update

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1140
contains only the two versions of XRSGE
Choose one version, they are not compatible.
Please always update to latest STARS if using XRSGE 6.0

XRSGE Evolution starts with the map open, all sectors visible. I repeat that this version is for TESTING. You can actually make a full playthrough with this but have to avoid any future update.
Please report things as:
planets out of space (crossed by highways, sun's shining through, stations inside the planet, etc);
local highways going nowhere (consider that I add some free zones for the player, to build there, so if gates are connected it is ok to have highways going nowhere);
sectors insanely huge (i.e. more than 12.000km, in the order of +50.000km), it is some 0 too much I typed on some local highway;
broken connections (but there are some inactive gates on puprpouse)

xrsge Evolution list of bugs fixed in next update:
- inactive gates in pontifex' realm / belt of aguilar 8

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 01:49

Thanks for converting the x4 sandbox into a "real" universe! :)

Just dl the v6 mod now.

Installed and first try:

Is REM Mod working with 6.x? I started a fresh custom game and my fighter with standard TER T3 engine is slow as a turtle. Starting in Argon Prime I also can not manage to connect to the highway. The ship is only passing through. The autopilot uses and can connect the highway sometimes. There is no other engine or sector changing mod active.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 09:58

Rem works normally. What fighter? I tested all with t3, no issue. Using some ship pack? Slow ship is usually the sign of a mod ship not being "remized"

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 12:55

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 14. Jun 23, 09:58
Rem works normally. What fighter? I tested all with t3, no issue. Using some ship pack? Slow ship is usually the sign of a mod ship not being "remized"
OK, I remember. The Mod cant' affect all drives in a general way. You have to tell any addon-on ship...

My fault!

Can you point me to the instructions how to change / add new ships? I do not remember where I can find them. Here on forums? Nexus? REM or XRSGE thread?

Thank you!

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 15. Jun 23, 14:45

I've tried XRGE evolution - very nice, and the amount of sectors is still big enough. Like it a lot. The only thing for now is that most part of highways don't work and are hard to see using map, because lines are too thin. Btw, when using old saves from xrge classic game crashes after a while (not instantly, though :D )
And i see you've got rid of superhighways. Very sad :( I liked it a lot when traveling in Argon Prime from moon to planet and around it, it was very immersive. Or maybe they simply don't appear in map? :gruebel:

Also when using latest update of xrge classic I see pink skies in Heretic's End. Traveled to Wretched Skies and it looks normal. Seems like this issue is not presented in all sectors. Also split plot doesn't activate too in this update.

P.S. Old issue - disappearing planet mesh in Brennan's triumph Taurus\Kho
Last edited by ziplock815 on Thu, 15. Jun 23, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Thu, 15. Jun 23, 18:46

Hi there!

Thanks for the update - much appreciated. I'm using the "classic" version with the non v.6 Stars and I've run into a slight problem. In Heretics End (where the HQ spawn) the skybox has large pink blotches - see that attached images. I've not had this issue before.... The Boron sectors seem ok, not explored elsewhere yet...

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Amwb-pepD9U6gcgEZ4y ... w?e=bPwPmq
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Amwb-pepD9U6gcgFXML ... g?e=Lbu3tx

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks kindly,

Best
Y.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 16. Jun 23, 09:43

Try updating STARS. I've redone all vanilla bgr nebulae to be regulated in materials one by one, not all together. To have dimmer when needed. So xrsge contains all new models. I must have already added some in that version of xrsge. So downloading latest STARS should solve it. Let me know, if you already use the latest then I must repack latest Stars mod

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 16. Jun 23, 11:33

You mean STARS for evolution version? I thought it's incompatible with classic version...or you mean latest STARS for classic? I'm already using it :gruebel:

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Fri, 16. Jun 23, 11:56

[/quote]
ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 16. Jun 23, 11:33
You mean STARS for evolution version? I thought it's incompatible with classic version...or you mean latest STARS for classic? I'm already using it :gruebel:
Yes, I thought that was the case too...

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 16. Jun 23, 09:43
Try updating STARS. I've redone all vanilla bgr nebulae to be regulated in materials one by one, not all together. To have dimmer when needed. So xrsge contains all new models. I must have already added some in that version of xrsge. So downloading latest STARS should solve it. Let me know, if you already use the latest then I must repack latest Stars mod
Thanks so much for the quick response. So, last night, I redownloaded the STARS version for the "classic" X4RSGE to make 100% I have the latest. I loaded my save and found the same graphical glitches in Heretics End.

Then

I downloaded the newer STARS version (the one meant for Evolution) and installed that one. Here, I found no graphical glitches in Heretics End. So, I shall continue using this one instead or will I run into difficulties eventually? The only other mods I have installed are:

VRO 4
Fire and Smoke
Sir Nuke API
Better Target Monitor

None of these should have an impact but thought I'd mention so you have complete picture.

Thanks again,

Best
Y.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 16. Jun 23, 12:58

Yes, let's clarify. I let the two versions because those using STARS alone don't need to update, never. Also XRSGE 4.4.5 users don't, except I had already changed some materials so yes latest is needed once.

Latest STARS is always compatible because models made for vanilla are not changed, what is change is the new stuff I add in XRSGE. No harm in upgrading but it is a 1.5 gb so I did this to let other users know that they don't need to update every time. I could make a separated package but it does not work well because XRSGE uses both the new and the old stuff from STARS so this way is the only viable.

From now on, all STARS updates will be for XRSGE Evolution users simply because I am doing new planets and need to add the materials. Which btw does not mean every time the whole package. When I add new textures yes, the whole package. Otherwise for materials only I will update the ext_02 only which is a few kb

Ziplock I am working on the highways missing the icon to enter. It is easy but tedious work, missing a zone's placement causes the hw not to activate when entering..but, autopilot uses them if setting a destination and, changing them won't break any save. Evolution remains a BETA, I can't guarantee that all will work out of the box, as you can see I've written a lot of highways :D

About superhighways, I've not removed them everywhere, I've left them in most sectors where they make sense or make a nice immersion, for instance when travelling from a moon to an orbital planet. I am looking for the best summarizing of all requests and also my taste, i.e. having a full range of immersive mechanisms the game offers and were not fully exploited in vanilla, i.e. yes the long superhighways but also some planetary sectors in the style of Argon Prime and a whole range of mix between systems that look as systems and the old style mysterious feeling of X3.

I think that mixing those things greatly increases the wow effect for longer. Because let's face it, the superhighway effect only is nice but when crossing several systems and having so many animations, at the end it gets boring. Now you have a mix of different settings :wink:.

In theory, I could even make a local highway go from a planet to a moon. Now that I've changed (and am changing) several planet models, a sector of 80.000 km (which is the limit to not have floating point errors) is big enough for containing a new moon and a planet of smaller size. But I can't see the point of this level of "realism". While the actual 8.000km sectors are a nice compromise. Planets get really small from far and zones are spread in a Rebirth style. Also, if leaving the highway, you can manage the travel (using REM). 80.000 km would be prohibitive. But could make one sector, just for fun...only one :twisted:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”