[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

craig m
x3tc

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.0) - "X4RSGE" (3.1)

Post by craig m » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 19:23

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 15. Nov 22, 17:42
This is strange. I see a lot of stations. Could it be that the DAir mod sees only vanilla economy? Or maybe has a limited range in sector scanning? Sectors are huge now. The DAir mod could be limited to vanilla range. Do you use other economy mods? I will take some time to check.

.... for now, people don't enter Neptune!!! its rings will kill you. :roll: Solved, in next patch

i tested it with just deadairs dynamic wars so i could see the numbers of military and economy ships.
most of his mods are compatable from what i have tested all but DeadAir Jobs. it will give massively overpopulate the universe with ships and slow the fps down to a crawl.

Tassekaffe
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.0) - "X4RSGE" (3.1)

Post by Tassekaffe » Thu, 17. Nov 22, 16:10

both lite and ultimate versions look so fu... fantastic.
sadly there is always a but... as TOA is a total cluster****(pun intended) performance wise on my old pc(and i didn´t like the rest either) TOA had to go...
but without it the ancients mod is not working(even with your patch),the tech is is all there but the sector is empty,meaning the startquest leaves you looking for a station thats not there....
and the ZYA sectors when playing custom start(ZYA looses war)the sectors all end up with read texts as names on the map.

other than that its awesome work on your part,a shame you have to do EGO´s job...

Trajan von Olb
x3tc

Post by Trajan von Olb » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 23:27

Hi,

first of all THANK YOU for the high resolution backgrounds - in 4K on a 40" screen everything else is unbearable :-)

But: I am confused! If I play "normally", i.e. without X4RSGE, which (latest!) version exactly can I use? I want all the announced improvements, if they are visible in the "Normal" universe. Where can I download the right version?

Also I'm thinking about a reboot WITH X4RSGE and of course VRO (never again without!), therefore to the current state and understanding:
- Are there still problems with race missions?
- Do I need an engine version adapted to VRO? Does it exist? If so, does it automatically include ship extensions like XR_ShipPack?
- Can I play all the mission series of the main storylines at all? For example, the HAT plot, Ter plot, Segaris plot, etc.... Will that work?

Thanks for the answers...

Greetings

Trajan von Olb

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Mein Traum vom Glück ist der Traum von einer anderen Menschheit. (S. Lem)

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 08:41

Trajan von Olb wrote:
Fri, 18. Nov 22, 23:27
- Do I need an engine version adapted to VRO? Does it exist? If so, does it automatically include ship extensions like XR_ShipPack?
- Can I play all the mission series of the main storylines at all? For example, the HAT plot, Ter plot, Segaris plot, etc.... Will that work?

The storylines SHOULD work but this mod has been very much a work in progress over the last months and at least I am hesitant still to start a real full game right now, because in such a large mod and complex game it is inevitable to stumble upon more bugs. So you can play, but expect unwanted surprises and be not sad if you can't continue a save. (The mod developer may see it differently, as he was quite optimistic in the past already a few times that everything works, but then it showed it does not.)

The engine mod does not automatically upgrade other mod's ships, neither VRO's nor XR Shippack's nor other's. Separate compatibility patches would be required. So far only the ship variation expension got one, but it is a bit outdated.

Don't know about racing missions, but at least I expect them to be more difficult if used with the engine mod.

Note that the engine mod is in theory not exactly required to play, but due to the very large distances A LOT of patience would be required if played without it.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 12:22

Newinger wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 08:41
Trajan von Olb wrote:
Fri, 18. Nov 22, 23:27

The storylines SHOULD work but this mod has been very much a work in progress over the last months and at least I am hesitant still to start a real full game right now, because in such a large mod and complex game it is inevitable to stumble upon more bugs. So you can play, but expect unwanted surprises and be not sad if you can't continue a save. (The mod developer may see it differently, as he was quite optimistic in the past already a few times that everything works, but then it showed it does not.)

The engine mod does not automatically upgrade other mod's ships, neither VRO's nor XR Shippack's nor other's. Separate compatibility patches would be required. So far only the ship variation expension got one, but it is a bit outdated.

Don't know about racing missions, but at least I expect them to be more difficult if used with the engine mod.

Note that the engine mod is in theory not exactly required to play, but due to the very large distances A LOT of patience would be required if played without it.

From my testing it also breaks the AI, the S and M ships don't seem to be able to use the new engine modification and they struggle a lot in fighting.
Without the engine mod, the economy is going to collapse or the shipyards take tons of hours to get supplies...

The idea of the mod is great, but this game is not made for sectors that are this big and it also doesn't really make any sense since lore wise the factions can move gates around so they would anyway just dropp the gate in the most valuable area and not build economy stations to far away...

my suggestion would be to make this wonderfull map but without huge sectors, maybe sectors that are 2 or 3 times bigger than vanilla but not more.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 19:11

Bozz11 wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 12:22
my suggestion would be to make this wonderfull map but without huge sectors, maybe sectors that are 2 or 3 times bigger than vanilla but not more.
I disagree. The larger sectors are the best of it, especially when you have minutes (in real time) to fly.
It makes no sense to have sectors with ~600-1800km diameter only. And e.g. vanilla sectors with aroung 180km - man - that''s around 1/2 of the way from my home to Würselen where Egosofts offices are. I would drive that in 4hours (incl. traffic jams). These vanilla sectors - and they shall represent a part of a solar system.... really?
So X4RSGE with its larger and more diversity in sectors are excatly what space means.

I agree, its a stress test for GPU and CPU. Especially if you play (like myself) with a larger empire (20 sectors, ~40 stations with 1000+ modules, and ~400+ ships).

I also like the positions of the sectors - the clustering around bigger ones - and the lesser connections in-between these clusters. This feels/shows more like a galaxy as what the vanilla is. I always thought it strange to have a 'motorway' between different races (that makes no real sense).
Well, yes for the fight part vanilla is great. And yes this also leads to a better economy. So, yes - its exactly for those 'casual players of today' - I prefer to play for longer. ...and that's where X4RSGE comes in! I realy like it. Hope the upcoming 'frontier pack' brings more surprise's...

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 00:47

Bug report: not working jumpgate from Greater Profit 7: Blue Profit to Silent Witness 5: Sanctuary of Darkness.
Well, it works only if I use external camera and manual control. Autopilot doesn't work as well.

P.S. Is there any way to reduce/delete (better to reduce) local fog?
And minefields. Killed myself in pirate sectors for 358372362 time :lol:

Well, that's something new: trying to travel to SCA Shipyard in Silent Witness Oum's memorial which is nearly 10 000+kms from the accelerator and when I approach to 5-6k kms I get a message from Betty: "Danger - entering atmosphere"aand...then I get killed. Strange thing is - there're only gigantic asteroids in this sector, probably some broken moon debris and one distant planet in the background...there's no way I could approach some planet's atmosphere.

P.P.S. Seems like split plot doesn't work in this version too
Tried Antigone plot - mission "Second assistant'- doesn't work for me too. Can't find nav beacons in the marked area.
Last edited by ziplock815 on Mon, 28. Nov 22, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Sun, 27. Nov 22, 18:17

i agree the large sectors are the best feature of the mod it gives a sense of vastness and size to space. fighting for control of a star system feels more real now there are muliple areas to one star system.
as for compatablity for VRO i use a modified verson of the vro travel mod. all travel speeds are boosted relative to ship size so a S class will go 5000 while a XL would go arounf 25000. its been for personal use but i could send it to realspace for him to post so VRO will be practical to use in his mod.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 27. Nov 22, 20:10

craig m wrote:
Sun, 27. Nov 22, 18:17
i agree the large sectors are the best feature of the mod it gives a sense of vastness and size to space. fighting for control of a star system feels more real now there are muliple areas to one star system.
as for compatablity for VRO i use a modified verson of the vro travel mod. all travel speeds are boosted relative to ship size so a S class will go 5000 while a XL would go arounf 25000. its been for personal use but i could send it to realspace for him to post so VRO will be practical to use in his mod.
Would love to use your VRO mod.

sarlen
x3ap

Post by sarlen » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 17:11

a bit confused on what to download and how to install only STARS.

do I download these two + the reshade ini (i know how to do reshade)

https://imgur.com/a/jWDqTEJ

if so, do I put stars + stars_patch in x4/extensions or do I overwrite stars_patch with stars?

veronique
x3tc

Post by veronique » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 20:27

I just felt I had to post here just to say a big thank you for X4RSGE. Now I had been keeping an eye on the mod, and have been using xpan and a bunch of other mods, but the vanilla game just wasn't doing it for me. I wasn't convinced with a packed galaxy with everyone treading on each others feet, all close and life made easy going from one side of the known galaxy to the other in a few quick jumps. Then I tried this mod.

Wow! How things changed, and after experimenting with several new starts I think I have gotten it right. Anyone sitting on the fence about this mod, make a copy of all your mods you are using right now and save them somewhere, then prepare yourself for something completely different on par with a galaxy that feels very similar to Elite Dangerous for sheer scale. Luckily my big thing is exploration and boy does this mod check all the boxes.

If you got any custom ships (I have several I use) you will need to adjust their physics with their counterparts in REM. You will need REM and I'll get to that in a moment or it's going to take you half an hours to pass through a system (some of them) on travel mode alone, you will need REM, the author explains this is a 3 part mod. You will need (all the ai too) REM or there's going to be problems.

So what do you need?

These are the mods you need from this page:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

"STARS Background and Planets"
"XRSGE Ultimate"

Then hop over to this page:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

and download "REM"

Due to the huge systems, you'll notice every 5 minutes or so the game spawns Xenon in front of you, so finally to get past this go to this page:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/333

download "Encounters"

Encounters changes the Xenon spawns into something a bit more immersive, read the info, but it will get rid of the game engine code spawning Xenons leaving them in their home systems where they belong ;)
Most of you other fav mods will work, the only mods that will be affected are other mods adding new systems. "Horizons" is meant to be compatible but you won't really need it trust me.
If you like to start Argon (which I do) my advice is a custom game start in Black Hole Sun: Planet Styx. Reason behind this is it will be familiar with access to a wharf and many stations.
Start how you like, I usually up my faction relations to 10 with Argon (I don't want to cheat too much, yet again, this mod completely tames even the cheat engine. So you can dock and buy ships, if you don't use REM (It's really great once you get used to it and like I mentioned the ai will need it too) prepare for something completely different and expansive, the work that has gone into this imho underrated mod oozes love and care, you gotta think out of the box and not expect things handed to you and it's an absolute must for explorers out there.

If you use the cheat mod I absolutely recommend opening up all the systems, it will blow you away to actually see the glorious and beautiful map. You are now in a "real" galaxy, no more faking it.

I tip my hat to the author, this is something I was always trying to strive towards, adding xpan, horizons et al, but this is the real deal.

Issues I noticed:

There's a couple of issues to take into consideration, with REM the ai can have problems docking, don't get me wrong, they will eventually dock, but they try and Leroy Jenkins it and if they miss they will be travelling away from the station backwards while furiously attempting to boost to a halt. This is correct, but is probably going to cost precious time that will probably affect the market.

Market crashing? Could be something other than the ai, I don't know I had the markets crash twice in a 6 hours period.

REM is going to take some getting used to, you can pretty quickly take into account the new physics for travel, whereas a small Vanguard Scout could probably only travel at 600 m/s now the top speed is 6000, boost on top and you'll be going faster and travel mod tops out somewhere between 12k m/s - 14k m/s and this is with flight assist on, so here's a tip.

When you get about 2000km out shut down the engines, Flight assist on. At about 300km if your still going too fast, turn the ship 180 and BOOST baby!!!! You are going to need to stop and gently coast into the docking bay.

That's about it, a BIG BIG thank you to Realspace I hope to see more but as it stands, this has so far been an amazing experience.
Last edited by veronique on Sun, 11. Dec 22, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 20:07

sarlen wrote:
Fri, 2. Dec 22, 17:11

if so, do I put stars + stars_patch in x4/extensions or do I overwrite stars_patch with stars?
Same confusion for me. The mod versions Realspace recommends are 3.01 and 3.11 patch. they are however not available anymore.

I'm trying right now to use the latest 3.4 version tho I can't find any graphical difference yet...

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 11. Dec 22, 17:12

veronique wrote:
Wed, 7. Dec 22, 20:27
Due to the huge systems, you'll notice every 5 minutes or so the game spawns Xenon in front of you, so finally to get past this go to this page:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/333

download "Encounters"

Encounters change the Xenon spawns into something a bit more immersive, read the info, but it will get rid of the game engine code spawning Xenons leaving them in their home systems where they belong ;)
Having briefly chatted with Realspace on "Encounters" and now swelling with pride when others mention my humble mod as "a go to" ... I'm always keen to enhance the "Encounters" experience where I can for other major mods and accommodate them within reason. Encounter frequencies are specifcally set up for vanilla and altho' I have tried to adjust this sensibly for higher-speed ships I'm worried that perhaps the encounter frequencies & object variabilities might not be what it should be for those who use the "Realspace Engines Mod" and "X4RSGE - Realspace Galaxy Expansion". But this all really depends on what the consensus is for players using these mods as everyone will have a personal preference. In true Volkswagon tradition :D , it would in theory be quite easy for "Encounters" to recognise when the aforementioned mods are in-play and change its' behavior. I would therefore be grateful for feed backup on the Encounters page on what you think of the current frequencies of both ships and objects (using the Realspace mods) giving both typical frequencies, your ship speed and how far out from the sector center you are (approximately). For example, does space needs to be emptier (may be)? That's all folks :)

NOTE : Apologies for temporarily hi-jacking the thread and completely shameless plug for my mod... please post all stuff on this thread not here.
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Mon, 12. Dec 22, 07:15

TheRealBix wrote:
Fri, 9. Dec 22, 20:07
sarlen wrote:
Fri, 2. Dec 22, 17:11

Same confusion for me. The mod versions Realspace recommends are 3.01 and 3.11 patch. they are however not available anymore.

I'm trying right now to use the latest 3.4 version tho I can't find any graphical difference yet...
I too would like to know this info please. Does anyone have any ideas?
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Glanzschurke442

Post by Glanzschurke442 » Mon, 12. Dec 22, 11:23

i Instaled STARS and X4RSGE normal and starded the mod...but in all sectors and systems are huge Shader Bugs. Everywea and i cant finde a solution.
please can you look whats the problem is...i realy wants to play this great mod.
i can show you the Problem on Discord...but please Help me :(

ps: I deinstaled all mods and deleted the files in my game foulder, and nothing changed.

ps: i am a german, sorry for the grammar and spelling.

[https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false][/img]

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 13. Dec 22, 13:43

I've been in holiday from modding for a while :D I was getting exhausted and stopped playing too... :doh:

First of all I want to thank all you guys expressing appreciation for my work, especially Veronique who wrote a true review of the mod and I think really caught and expressed the view that is behind it and how it radically changes the game (and so the big issues I had to overcome).

Also thanks for all the bug reports that I hope are limited to small things. Btw I corrected the gate in Oum's memorial and added nocollision to the broken moon what should avoid any entering atmosphere...boom! :mrgreen:, will be in next update
What concerns me more now is the damn Split's plot. I need more testing by you guys. I can try to rewrite the script in a less intrusive way since after last update all original sectors used for the Split plot are back to vanilla position so I don't need to change that part in mission md.

As for STARS, if not using XRSGE, you can download latest version but will miss some rearrangement of planets I made in the old one specifically for vanilla galaxy. Not a big deal, just use the latest

Moonrat, you can write here as you wish, always welcome. Encounters mod is very important to make the large sectors' encounters make sense. As Veronique wrote I'd consider it mandatory, together with Better Target Monitor mod. Also Kuertee's and DeadAir's ai scripts mod helps quite a bit, I think. I still did not test without but in my game some stupidity by npc that others report is very limited.

Edit: I've added the OPENMAP as separate mod, in the optional files. This opens the entire map at start without the need to use any cheat

veronique
x3tc

Post by veronique » Tue, 13. Dec 22, 21:01

The sense of isolation is real. One encounter was traveling into the Frontier Edge sector, I had my pilot fly the ship so I could just watch. We entered a system (can't remember which in Belt of Aguilar) and the ai pilot set us in travel mode and we were like flying through space for what seemed an age, then you could see the gate a far off spot, and as we got nearer and nearer by the gate was a lonely station, isolated in the big black. We docked at the station and it was the first friendly faces we had seen for a couple of hours. That journey across that system took us like forever.

You captured the feeling of insignificance, isolation and forcing the player to actually think ahead. There's a system in the Frontier Edge section that has a one way SH. I had to send one of my pathfinders the long way round to enter the "Northern" part of this sector, but yes it was just a one way SH not sure if that was a bug? I was planning on making these sectors my home. Having said all that I am the sort of person that like to role play, I set up a trader to go fetch some needed hull parts for my builds. So I just hop onboard and let them do their job while I watch or multitask on the map, take a trip and lol at the attempts to dock.

But it is what it is, for someone that just plugs and plays in a RP style, it's great and I don't really care too much about the vanilla quests. I hate that HQ :P
Have you thought about a custom quest to actually take this new galaxy into consideration? I would be up for that, food for thought.

Thanks again.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 13. Dec 22, 21:23

Glad you've returned. It's been a while. Started to think you've abandoned the mod. Such a relief you haven't :wink:
Yes, split plot doesn't work. Maybe it's because the cutscene isn't activated for some reason - the cutscene where split ship with argon slaves appears through the gate leading to split territories when you find one.
As for the galaxy, I agree with veronique. The sense of isolation and exploration are great.
Talking about immersion - maybe you could take a look to my "Galaxy News System" request. It seems nobody really cares, but maybe there are chances you could add something like that in the mod, X-tended style. Large immersion boost is guaranteed.
I also like the nebulae and some systems are just dark places which is nice, and I've noticed that the nebulae are mostly blue, green, red/pink, but mostly blue (argon,split sectors etc looks like the same most of the time). Maybe you could add some more variety to the nebulae, somewhere vivid orange like DeVries, somewhere purple and so on?
I know some systems are situated close to each other in the galaxy (Herron's Nebula and Argon prime for example) so there's a point to make them similar, but some distant systems could look more different and unusual - according to X-Universe lore jumpgate could connect different regions that could be very distant to each other, maybe even in another galaxy, so more variety to systems could be quite interesting to see :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 14. Dec 22, 14:21

XRSGE Ultimate VERSION 3.2 is uploaded
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/
Bug fixes + an entire new system, Omicron C
Some gates have been changed for the new system to fit
STARS needs to be updated too (version 3.4.2) if you want the new nebula in Omicron C otherwise it will use the old one, no big deal

I've added an optional file for MAP WITHOUT SYSTEM'S BORDERS. Default has borders. Simply overwrite the ext_02.cat from the optional file inside the mod
For those who know how to manage the files, you can even unzip the ext_02.cat and then delete it. It contains the libraries folder. There you can edit params and regions at wish

BTW...frontier un-occupied systems as Omicron A and C or Sigma Tau can have missing connections. As explained in the descriptions, they may have collapsed due to lack of management or intentionally destroyed as in Omicron A.
It is intentional, these systems are rough ones, but there are no dead ends. If the way back lacks you can be sure there is another hidden gate etc leading somewhere else

veronique
x3tc

Post by veronique » Wed, 14. Dec 22, 19:56

The broken routing intentional or not is a real deal breaker. You can come from Black Hole Sun, down to Belt of Aguilar and into Frontier Edge from the "South". But you can only access 3 sectors as the only SH linking "North" and "South" is a lone SH with no way back up "North". To get to the top sectors you have to go all the way round to Antigone space. I spent several hours scouring that system for another route up, scanned it, had 5 pathfinders explore it including myself. It would very much be appreciated if this SH connection was "fixed" I really don't see any need whatsoever to do this, it doesn't make any sense, SH's should have both routes that's why I thought it was either a bug, you had forgot, or the mod just wasn't loading.

My plan was to occupy Frontier Edge, so are you saying there IS a way back?

EDIT: Absolutely loving Omicron C. You have made a fantastic set of systems here that link to almost everything most people would really like placement wise. All the major sectors, Black Hole Sun, Antigone, Frontier Edge and Omicron B which is a stepping stone to Terran sectors. Just been chilling with my captain taking in the scenery stopped off at the HAT Spacefuel factory and employed an engineer, now we're off to the pirate base to acquaint ourselves :D

Also the borderless systems are really immersive, fantastic job on that. Anyone on the fence, just save your complete extensions folder, duplicate it, and label it, I now have two sets of mod extensions on my desktop X4 mod folder:

Extensions_XPAN
Extensions_XRGSE

With this mod I have altered custom ships to line up with REM
I haven't tried the ReShade yet.
Last edited by veronique on Thu, 15. Dec 22, 03:33, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”