[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by Realspace » Sun, 10. Jul 22, 15:19

Mr.Freud wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 22:17
First thing I noticed - veeeeery long time needed to start a new game, like 10 minuts. Also saving takes much longer and then I noticed that the game consumes 25 GBs of RAM out of 32 :o . (that's 5 minutes into a new game) I think there's a memory leak of some sorts in the mod.
(at least now I know that the game can use so much RAM :D )

25?? That's a record :D I saw 10gb in my pc... which already seemed too much!

I don't know where to find the cause except the map itself. Or maybe the regions are too large...will try removing them for testing.

Another cause could be that many sectors are milions kms far away, maybe the game has to calculate such coordinates and put them in the save. I expected that a whole sector very far away (not single elements) would not require such calculations :gruebel:

Tomorrow I'll put version 0.3 out, with text error's correction and lose files. Hope to find a solution for the bloated save files later

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 11. Jul 22, 13:01

Mr.Freud wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 21:39
Hey there!
Is the new version of the mod compatible with VRO?
How factions interact with all of the sectors it adds? Can theoretically one faction conquer all or is there a limit to their expansion?
Also - are storylines enabled and accessible?
If using VRO then don't use my Engines Mod. It should work fine, I usually don't add things if not in separated modules. XRSGE is a map overhaul with all the necessary stations added

There is no theoretical limit to expansion. But systems are more difficult to conquer bc they usually have their gates at the pheriphery, aka last planets or "oort clouds". Xenon/Split sectors are an exception and Sun sectors can have gates too

Storyline is untouched, as long as I did not remove some gate that is needed. F.i. I left the accelerators in Heart of Acrimony, only moved them. There is a Split's plot there, others I don't know

Keep in mind that I still have not resolved the issue with the bloated save game but there are some things that can be done to play with this limitation:
1) remove antivirus and firewall and file indexing (windows) in the documents/egosoft/X4 folder
2) Using UNCOMPRESSED save files. They can reach even 3.5 gb but you can zip them later, keeping only the last one uncompressed

Also some superhighways could not work properly, we are still testing things here... :doh:

btw...wait for later, I'll add version 0.3 within a few hours today

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 11. Jul 22, 15:01

XRSGE VERSION 0.3 IS OUT
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

Corrected all the text errors in names (in descriptions there can still be)
Corrected some superhighways not working
Added feature: slower superhighway transit
Mod is zipped but not compressed, hope this solves some visual glitches. Also makes future updates easier

You can even try to change things by yourself. The files have a lot of verbose notes so it's easy to find specific cluster's elements. If you have low fps you can remove the fog's entries in cluster.xml, they will be applied with next reload or gate passing through

Be aware that some of the visual glitches reported by users are not existent in my game, they can be either caused by the compressed file or because you lack the version 3.0 of STARS.
I'll upload an uncompressed version of STARS too, hope this eliminate any glitch.

Be sure there is no other mod conflicting especially no other mod changing all files included in MAPS or the file region_definition.xml

After testing I found out that one of the main cause for the bloated save file and long loading time is indeed region_definition.xml

Edit:
You can try starting a new game without this file and add it later in game. But as stated by DeadAir here viewtopic.php?f=181&t=448624 this will make new regions virtually invisible for AI. So I am thinking of creating a new light region_definition file that only has the resources for the AI for first game's start. To be replaced thereafter.
In my new sectors I added many "cosmetic" regions such as low orbit fog or huge asteroid belts or cluster-size nebulae. These can by removed by AI's storage without any big difference.

As always:
1) remove antivirus and firewall and file indexing (windows) in the documents/egosoft/X4 folder
2) Use UNCOMPRESSED save files. They can reach even 3.5 gb but you can zip them later, keeping only the last one uncompressed

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 11. Jul 22, 17:14

Now superighway travel time seems like forever. It's too slow. I barely make 5000 m/s after 3 minutes of acceleration :D
Oh...it's 10 km/s now and I only made 1/10 of the route

Cool - I can stand up and walk in my ship during the flight through superhighway now. I'll go get some tea - seems like it'll be a veery long fjourney :mrgreen:

Finally made it. It took about 10 min.
However, I'd like to say it was a great experience. Really immersive spaceflight while walking inside my ship and watching Argon Prime planet slowly grow in front of me.
Last edited by ziplock815 on Mon, 11. Jul 22, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 11. Jul 22, 17:26

ziplock815 wrote:
Mon, 11. Jul 22, 17:14
Now superighway travel time seems like forever. It's too slow. I barely make 5000 m/s after 3 minutes of acceleration :D
thanks for reporting, I still haven't seen it, struggling with the other issues I am :doh: :mrgreen:
It's easy to increase, open highwayconfigurations.xml and change

Code: Select all

<replace sel="/highwayconfigurations/tubeconfigurations/tubeconfiguration[@id='super_hw_tube_config']/acceleration/@base">0.0000001</replace>
    <replace sel="/highwayconfigurations/tubeconfigurations/tubeconfiguration[@id='experimental_tube_config']/acceleration/@base">0.0000001</replace>
	 <replace sel="/highwayconfigurations/tubeconfigurations/tubeconfiguration[@id='ring_tube_config']/acceleration/@base">0.0000001</replace>
to something with less zeros, 0.000001 or 0.00001 or 0.0001 :D

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 11. Jul 22, 17:36

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 11. Jul 22, 17:26
ziplock815 wrote:
Mon, 11. Jul 22, 17:14
thanks for reporting, I still haven't seen it, struggling with the other issues I am :doh: :mrgreen:
It's easy to increase, open highwayconfigurations.xml and change

Code: Select all

<replace sel="/highwayconfigurations/tubeconfigurations/tubeconfiguration[@id='super_hw_tube_config']/acceleration/@base">0.0000001</replace>
    <replace sel="/highwayconfigurations/tubeconfigurations/tubeconfiguration[@id='experimental_tube_config']/acceleration/@base">0.0000001</replace>
	 <replace sel="/highwayconfigurations/tubeconfigurations/tubeconfiguration[@id='ring_tube_config']/acceleration/@base">0.0000001</replace>
to something with less zeros, 0.000001 or 0.00001 or 0.0001 :D
Thank you. I'll try it

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 11. Jul 22, 18:05

I've uploaded a patch file.
You can change the speed at will by simply changing the above mentioned values.
Enjoy

EDIT:
Good news, I've found the cause of bloated save files
It depends by the huge regions I created (big as whole sectors or even clusters) that serve mostly a scenery purpose. When removing them the save/load time is back to normal, size too.
Now I need some time to work again on the region_definition file

Also, seems to me that at start of the game the defence stations don't spawn as intended. I think (hope) I've found the missing tag, anyway be aware that starting a game does not assign the new sectors to a faction...yet

After this, only superhighways issue remains, those who don't trigger the jump when you fly through. I checked every thing, this thing seems to happen randomly... :rant:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 11:31

Realspace Engines Mod is updated to version 1.6

I've added full compatibility with SHIP VARIATION EXPANSION
Grab here https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848/

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 14:58

Reporting issues: sectors Black hole sun 7-8 etc are still completely black with big blue-purple dots (Using last version of "Stars"). Low fps in some sectors of Family Tkr system. Background asteroid in Silent witness is largely pixelated. Superhighway bug remains in some sectors, but after discovering the next pair in adjacent sector (using cheat menu) seems to work fine, but only with autopilot.

Spaceflight through superhighway after last patch feels like elite dangerous/freelancer now. Excellent work :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 17:12

ziplock815 wrote:
Tue, 12. Jul 22, 14:58
Reporting issues: sectors Black hole sun 7-8 etc are still completely black with big blue-purple dots (Using last version of "Stars"). Low fps in some sectors of Family Tkr system. Background asteroid in Silent witness is largely pixelated. Superhighway bug remains in some sectors, but after discovering the next pair in adjacent sector (using cheat menu) seems to work fine, but only with autopilot.

Spaceflight through superhighway after last patch feels like elite dangerous/freelancer now. Excellent work :)
holy cow, what could be? I assure you that black hole sun is ok here... :gruebel: anyway, I am uploading a new version and will upload STARS too thereafter

btw what other mods are you using?
Last edited by Realspace on Tue, 12. Jul 22, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 17:53

________XRSGE VERSION 0.5 IS OUT_________
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
Bug fixes, faction logic finished and regions entirelly reworked
SAVE/LOAD back to normal size
New start necessary

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 20:42

tried latest version. Still long new game creation, performance is bad - going from 100 fps to 40 every few seconds with very bad stuttering occurring all the time. Still high ram usage - around 16 gb on new game start

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 21:15

Mr.Freud wrote:
Tue, 12. Jul 22, 20:42
tried latest version. Still long new game creation, performance is bad - going from 100 fps to 40 every few seconds with very bad stuttering occurring all the time. Still high ram usage - around 16 gb on new game start
I noticed this at the beginning of any game. Then the game stops stuttering. I suppose it starts spawning stations in the background at the beginning, the map being 4x larger
The game start should not be that much longer now, I started one in less than 2 minutes and it generated an uncompressed 1.3gb save. Saving/loading about 70 seconds now. If using vanilla regions is about 0.8gb (uncompressed), not much of a difference. Version one of the mod used to generate a 3.7gb file! :o

I am using Terran cadet start. Young gun loads also quite quickly

Btw I am doing a patch already, there are some redundant fog regions that create the fps drop

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 21:38

_______X4RSGE_PATCH_0.51___________
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files
Small updates to improve performance, regions are lighter.
Some bugs removed, textual errors removed
Expect shorter load/save time
UNZIP INSIDE MOD'S FOLDER AND OVERWRITE ALL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As always:
2) Use UNCOMPRESSED save files. They can reach 1.3 gb but you can zip them later, keeping only the last one uncompressed

I've also uploaded a new version of STARS (3.01) with a small update, it is uncompressed, I hope it solves the glitches

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 01:40

Reporting issues: jumpgate in Black hole sun V| doesn't work

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 13:17

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 12. Jul 22, 17:12
ziplock815 wrote:
Tue, 12. Jul 22, 14:58

holy cow, what could be? I assure you that black hole sun is ok here... :gruebel: anyway, I am uploading a new version and will upload STARS too thereafter

btw what other mods are you using?
I'm using Encounters, Jumpdrive for player ships, NPC recovered by Gramston, Crystal rarities, Emergent missions and some other mods tied to it and orange mouse cursor :D
Is there a possibility that Black hole sun 7-8 are black because there's some interference with these mods?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 15:58

Any mod adding sectors or changing the regions can...will break my mod.
In your list maybe Crystal mod, don't know it, the others should be fine

It would be best to test my mod without any....it is already huge as it is, bug finding is a pain in the ass :doh:

IMPORTANT
This mod is under testing. It is a huge overhaul that changes everything related to universe creation.
If you decide to help me finalize it, please DON'T USE OTHER MODS, EXPECIALLY NOT MODS THAT ADD SECTORS. THEY WILL BREAK THE MOD 100%
After testing I will make it more compatible, but in general this universe is a big overhaul, other mods adding sectors should be patched and made compatible by their authors. I can only see some, after I've finished with testing
Many mods are compatible but remember that many small mods could be not necessary. If using XRSGE + REM you already have a lot of small features like increased scanner, etc. I had to change many small vanilla features to work better in an enlarged universe.
Last edited by Realspace on Wed, 13. Jul 22, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

Radrakin

Post by Radrakin » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 16:10

I'd take a look at Encounters too, even though I am not using this mod as of yet since it being in a testing phase Encounters could potentially influence sectors to some degree - if not directly in terms of locations, potentially in distance and size of said sector.

EDIT: Just noticed the image you (Realspace) posted, since it didn't appear when I read your post the first time. Ignore my above statement. :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 16:23

Radrakin wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 16:10
I'd take a look at Encounters too, even though I am not using this mod as of yet since it being in a testing phase Encounters could potentially influence sectors to some degree - if not directly in terms of locations, potentially in distance and size of said sector.

EDIT: Just noticed the image you (Realspace) posted, since it didn't appear when I read your post the first time. Ignore my above statement. :)
Not really, don't apologize, you made me think about it, Encounters...you're right, I am using it too. Must look...thanks!

edit: ok, I looked...no it seems ok.
I think some players could have other mods adding sectors that could do these things: break the gates, break the scenery, break the regions (fog, asteroids, etc.)
That said it is possible that the cause is my mod but I am quite confident that most of the issues here are only related to the regions (that I am redoing right now).
There are some overlapping (fps drop), some that I changed without testing...I'd have to load each sector with all its regions for any test...they are +200!!
I am actually doing it for may sectors...but keep in mind that for any bug report that is not due to my mod I have either to start a game or create a setting of that sector and load the regions inside.........this means a lot of time :doh:

so please people help me test it without interferences from other mods :roll:

Radrakin

Post by Radrakin » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 17:47

To be fair there are only a few "Region Adding/Changing" mods out there atm. Below I composed a list of mods that may cause issues.

(Please note I am building this off of my current mod list (both enabled and disabled) and assumptions.)

Compatible:
  • Egosoft's DLCs (Obviously.)
Potentially Incompatible:
  • DeadAir Faction mods (Adds new sectors.) (i.e Caldari, Minmatar, Gallente & Amarr)
  • DeadAir Gate (Changes the way the universe is set up.)
Definitely Incompatible for obvious reasons:
  • Star Wars Interworlds.
Those mods that depend on certain elements being the same in a vanilla universe could potentially break but would need testing are below:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”